Oh dear, what do you think of this salon's name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Just saw this and wondered what other professionals in the industry think of it?

Portsmouth salon provokes anger with

Not my cup of tea and can see why some would be offended if I'm honest. It's only a few miles from where I live.:eek: I would've thought when businesses are doing their upmost to entice clients to their salons, the last thing they want to do is cause offence, and possibly put potential clients off coming just because of the name of the salon.

It would put me off going in ;)

It's a little aggressive isnt it? But- it's got them lots of free advertising....

The quote from the Tory MP makes me laugh though-

"This strikes me as hypocrisy and political opportunism"

He's says- whilst being both hypocritical and opportunistic.

I would go in, there are a lot more offensive things out there. However im pretty hard to offend ;)
Vicki x

It wouldn't stop me! In fact with a name like that it tells me it's bang on trend! I have no idea why I think that though! :D

I'd go in it seems like it would attract a younger clientele too

Although i think it would attract a lot of the 'barbie' looking girls xx

I wonder how they answer the phone?
Good morning/afternoon Pretty B*tch...
Would they say the whole word????

I wouldn't go in but the "Express Glam Bar" bit puts me off more!

God awful name but probably has gone in their favour abit too - think how much free publicity their name has generated ? People booking in out of curiosity :lol:

That being said though , I don't think I would go to somewhere with a name like that lol x

Apart from my imagination running wild that the staff would be b*tchy - it wouldn't bother me. That word isn't the nicest word to use and not elegant but it's eye catching and definitely something for people to talk about... So I just think its very clever

x

Reminds me of things like soap and glorys 'sexy mutha pucker' lip gloss. Which is much more offensive!
I wouldn't go in anyway it's doesn't look like my kind of place but not just because of the name, it's the 'express' and the font and the layout outside, looks to be aimed at teenies

I live near this salon and it's actually brill! Always seems busy & the work I've seen done there is really good. Names a bit off but the shop it's self us rather enticing! I think it works

I love it! I have no idea why but I just think its really quirky

I wonder how they answer the phone?
Good morning/afternoon Pretty B*tch...
Would they say the whole word????
i would hope they say pretty b rather then pretty bitch:eek:

What if they offered male intimate waxing - probably have called it "The Dog's Bollocks" :) But seriously though, I'm local and don't think it would alienate many people in Portsmouth whereas in nearby middle class Chichester :eek:

personally i don't find it offensive, but is there really any need for it? surely they could of thought of a more respectful name? i'm not saying we should all walk round speaking like they did in shakespeare times but theres a time and a place for it x

I think it's a little bit aggressive but I'm not majorly offended, that said, I don't think it promotes a very relaxing atmosphere!

I can see why people would be offended but personally think its quirky although possibly aimed at younger clients how many places do we see with the same unimaginative names these days? Boring!!

Last edited:
Can just imagine their telephone receptionist 'hello pretty bitch' lol x

I'm not offended by the name but then it isn't very necessary either. I have to admit it grabs your attention though. I think it is aimed at younger people and I can imagine teens would like the name. Each to their own I suppose :)

Latest posts

Back