OMG I cant beleive what I have just seen on Gumtree

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hi there

Ever fancy running your own business from home or mobile. Acrylic nails is most up and coming thing to do. Vritually no set up cost learn with me then off you go as simple as that.

I do 1 - 1 acrylic nails training, you only need about 4 hours worth of training and then you will be able to do a full set of nails.

I will go through all the preparation with you etc. All you need is a model, and i will sit with you and go through everything you need to know about applying nails.

Nails costs £1.00 to do a set of nails the rest is pure profit.

Look forward to meeting you.

Lisa..
Listed at Manchester.
Listed at Manchester.
ref 15372203

This is a joke I cant beleive it I have reported the ad as it is total rubbish she obviously asnt paid for training or great products makes me wander what she is puting on peoples nails if it only cost £1.00 per set this advert is on gumtree. Some people are unbeliveable. :irked:

Costs nothing to set up!!!! Is she kidding... it's cost me a fortune and I'm still finishing my mani/pedi qualification... That's just a joke

Anybody going to her will be in for a big shock!

Not only will it cost a packet, but they will not be able to do nails properly either! As we all know - it takes hours and hours of training and practice before you are anywhere near ready.

yeah and some poor person would believe such an add - pay money and get nothing for it!

as far as not much cost to set up a nail business hun.... i wish!

Cost nothing to set up , we wish ,some people .god all the people that go to her they are going to be surprised when they start if they think after a few hour there be ready to do clients, what a joke.Are they mad or what.x

yikes....that's all I gotta say....

jeeezzzzz !!! disgraceful!! :irked:.....(steps of soapbox)

What a shame she didnt advertise this 2 years ago, ive just wasted two years on what she can teach me in 4 hours!!:lol:

Last edited:
Oh my *** so another crop of poor suckers who will part with good money for bad service and no way of getting insurance:mad:

Blimey, look what I've spent with Creative AND I've wasted 2 years:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]It would help if you could read the advert properly, It only costs £1.00
to put a set of nails on, that is cost of materials, I charge £25.00 to
put a set of nails on.

I also have a teaching qualification to teach and have been in the
industry for 7 years and I am a manchester trainer for 2 huge
international companies, you have your facts completely wrong and now
have probably caused harm so thank you very much for that, next time get
your facts straight.
Lisa Kloos

One To One Training Acrylic Nails Manchester Manchester community classes courses training

That is the actual link to the advert.
I dont see that I have the facts wrong either that or her advert is very misleading.
[/FONT]

what about insurance issues?

in all honesty, i think anyone going on one of these courses, wouldnt have done much reserach, therefor insurance is probabley the last thing they will think about!!

:eek:

"It's ok, ive done 4 whole hours training and no practice, your perfectly safe with me. oh, and if i do make your finger fall off, im not insured, never mind eh"

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]It would help if you could read the advert properly, It only costs £1.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]to put a set of nails on, that is cost of materials, I charge £25.00 to [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]put a set of nails on.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]I also have a teaching qualification to teach and have been in the [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]industry for 7 years and I am a manchester trainer for 2 huge [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]international companies, you have your facts completely wrong and now [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]have probably caused harm so thank you very much for that, next time get [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]your facts straight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Lisa Kloos[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]One To One Training Acrylic Nails Manchester Manchester community classes courses training[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]That is the actual link to the advert.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]I dont see that I have the facts wrong either that or her advert is very misleading. [/FONT]

I'd like to know how she works out her costings.

I use pro impression tips which aren't the most expensive on the market, but it cost 43p alone to account for them in a set.

I'm with you on this one - totally misleading and a load of rubbish. This is what you learn:

ACRYLIC NAIL COURSE - £150.00 (x 4 hours)

(This is on a one to one basis also)

• Nail preparation
  • Basic Theory
  • Health & Safety
  • Practicing Ratio (liquid & Powder)
  • Filing practice
  • Applying acrylic practice
  • On a model doing a full set of nails whilst I guide you from beginning to end.
  • Little manual detailing all the necessary details you have learn't.
  • Supplier list
Did she happen to say what certificate you get afterwards? What about all the anatomy & contraindication stuff? As a professional, she should know better.:mad:

Did she happen to say what certificate you get afterwards? What about all the anatomy & contraindication stuff? As a professional, she should know better.:mad:

now i know that sometimes people think I may be a tad harsh:irked:

but i really think this person deserves to be bombarded by questions from professionals asking professional questions in regard to her training, she really needs to know where she stands amongst people that really care about their industry.

now i know that sometimes people think I may be a tad harsh:irked:

but i really think this person deserves to be bombarded by questions from professionals asking professional questions in regard to her training, she really needs to know where she stands amongst people that really care about their industry.

i couldn't agree more and have done just that! Here's what i've asked (posing as a student):

a) whether i need to have a manicure certificate, as most of the big companies require this for their courses. Is there any benefit to having it?
b) what certificate i get when i've completed the course
c) if i need any kind of insurance to work as a tech
d) what qualifications you have

so i'll wait for a reply and see what comes back.

i couldn't agree more and have done just that! Here's what i've asked (posing as a student):

a) whether i need to have a manicure certificate, as most of the big companies require this for their courses. Is there any benefit to having it?

I did this very same thing with a lady advertising a course on eBay, needless to say, I never got a reply! I wonder why if she's a reputable Nail Tech Trainer?!!

x

I did similar, but mine was more an email of disappointment in a fellow tech profiteering from the gullible and how I was embarrassed on her behalf and at the same time to be associated (by profession alone) with someone so money orientated. With so little respect to an industry striving for professional recognition.

I told her that I felt her course was more a "product demonstration".

Last edited:
I did similar, but mine was more an email of disappointment in a fellow tech profiteering from the gullible and how I was embarrassed on her behalf and at the same time to be associated (by profession alone) with someone so money orientated. With so little respect to an industry striving for prefessional recognition.

I told her that I felt her course was more a "product demonstration".

Good for you!!! I'll wait for her to reply before i let her have both barrels:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back