omg just had email from Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiatworcs

Reaction score
hiya geeks

ive just picked an email up from dermalogica saying they are looking into boots as they have found they are selling dermalogica on their website and in some of their stores.

i cant believe someone would stock them.

anyone else had this email:hug:

yep had it too, as my partner said to me boots are not going to buy dermalogica out the back of a van so how the hell did they get it?

A thread a while ago had teebster saying she'd seen it in boots, guess it was true!

Becki xxx

You just 'em what you know. If you know nothing more than you can see it on their website, which is in the public domain, then you tell them just that. If you know any more than that, then let them know what it is. How bizarre, not to mention worrying, that Dermalogica themselves seem not to know who's supplying Boots! Wonder what else they don't know!

Yes I remember it well!!!!!! poor Teebster got a real hard time about it and very nearly stopped posting after that, thankfully she didn't.

I also remember someone claiming to represent Dermalogica stating quite catagorically Boots would not be selling Dermalogica.

Glad poor Tonia appears to have been proven accurate:hug:

Last edited:
I overheard a rep in my local Boots store telling the staff about this new deal that was going to make Boots Loads of money and bring the customers in droves, she was going on about how it was a top end company the deal was with and it was very hush hush atm.

Now Im not saying it was Dermotological because I didnt hear any names mentioned but it made me wonder after reading this.

I am SO glad I didn't end up going with Dermalogica in the end. :rolleyes:

I just don't know how they can retain their professional credability if they're selling in Boots.

Thats the whole point, they are not selling to Boots:green:

The email didn't say if professional only products were being sold.Hope they sort this quickly. I think some heads are going to roll !

Thats the whole point, they are not selling to Boots:green:

The email didn't say if professional only products were being sold.Hope they sort this quickly. I think some heads are going to roll !

How did it get into boots then??? boots are hardly going to buy off the back of a van are they? its on their webste too!

Yes I remember it well!!!!!! poor Teebster got a real hard time about it and very nearly stopped posting after that, thankfully she didn't.

I also remember someone representing Dermalogica stating quite catagorically Boots would not be selling Dermalogica.

Glad poor Tonia has been proven accurate:hug:

I was involved in that thread and personally i didnt give her hard time, i was only in shock!

The same thing happened to Redken recently. The L'Oreal legal dept got it sorted. Apparently boots said they bought the products on the "grey market".
Funny how the Boots near me (Bluewater) starts flogging redken and dermalogica after I had about 15 grands worth of the stuff nicked out of my salon in April!
Five redken salons in my area have been targetted this year.
Considering that boots stocks about a zillion haircare and skincare lines, I don't see why they have got to tread on the salons toes. Will be Elemis, Environ, Decleor and Eve Taylor next.

Did anybody else notice in that Boots link posted above, in the menu on the left is mentioned Decleor??

I noticed that they said they are looking to see IF there are any legal means to stop Boots from distributing or selling Dermalogica. I think they will be pretty powerless to stop it unless they find whoever is supplying Boots and then cut them off, that is assuming Boots' supplier orders direct from HO they may well buy it from overseas in which case the Dermalogica UK probably have no chance of stopping it.

Mmmm I find the whole Dermalogica thing very dodgy. A few months ago I had it on very good authority (an MD of a well known skincare company) told me that the websites offering discounted Dermalogica are actually owned by themselves - thus undercutting the therapists they are supplying. I cannot believe Boots would buy anything if not from the company direct - very strange.

I agree with Essentia. I smell a rat!

Well boots did it to Redken. Dunno if they realised it was owned by L'Oreal.

I have had one too and really not happy with that. What happened to the pledge to not sell on the high street. Someone must have known about this at Dermalogica????

If someone like us can open an account however whats stopping boots sponsering small salons by purchasing an opening order, and putting medium sized orders through and that stock goes to boots.

Boots would not simply buy 'stolen' stock it would never be in there best interest.

If I wanted £10K of dermalogica stock tomorrow, if i had that money to spend what bargains do you think you could negotiate?

Dermologica is everywhere, the country is awash with. In all fairness I would be very peeved off if it was sold in Boots but then when you think about it logically I could get it from loads of UK based websites including your competitors in your areas who all have e-commerce sites or bag a bargain on ebay.

I hope you all get it sorted as retail is a huge thing for any beauty business and if your clients can (and know they can) get it cheaper its profit out of your pockets when you have loyally paid a huge amount of money for the benefit of having the range.

I had a skincare range years ago that did something very similar and everyone stood the ground and stopped buying retail until they agreed to stop selling it themselves for less on their website. Distributors should not do that!

Hope I have not offended.

Kate x

Latest posts

Back