OMG - you haven't lived until you've . .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
. . typing as a bloke, with a hairy nose . . .

Ms Kim L. talked me through a nose wax today. I just did my own, and not only is it surprisingly painless - but now it feels unbelievably incredible!

You're right, darlin - I am hooked! ;)

mille grazie Kim! Swoon :hug:

Ha Ha! Great job. Glad all went according to plan and my reputation is still in tact. xxx

You've got to post a tutorial - I've been sugaring for years but have never attempted a nose!!!

This is undoubtedly the most simplistic of procedures and is by far less painful than taking the good old tweezers which somehow seems to bring tears to the eyes.

The technique differs slightly form male to female however the result is surprisingly painless and feels remarkably clean.

A good addition to any wax treatment menu for both male and female customers alike :hug:

Yep it is a great addition to the waxing menu

This is undoubtedly the most simplistic of procedures and is by far less painful than taking the good old tweezers which somehow seems to bring tears to the eyes.

The technique differs slightly form male to female however the result is surprisingly painless and feels remarkably clean.

A good addition to any wax treatment menu for both male and female customers alike :hug:

Really? I'm intrigued. How is the technique different from male to female? I do exactly the same for both. What do you do different?

You've got to post a tutorial - I've been sugaring for years but have never attempted a nose!!!

I'm pretty sure you could only do this with non-strip. I don't believe that sugaring is viable (or comfortable enough for the client). WRT a tutorial, I think it's one of those things you've got to talk though or see demo'd - sorry, but I'd find it really difficult to write down.

OH another one I want/need to learn and add on to my growing list!!

Really? I'm intrigued. How is the technique different from male to female? I do exactly the same for both. What do you do different?

I'd be interested in knowing this too.....

There are numerous techniques that different therapists use which emanate from initial basic training at the offset as well as adoptions through usage over time or simply by hearing about and trying new techniques.

The fundamental difference we adopt is that with a male we would fold a wax strip into a V shape and place this over the upper lip right under the nostrel..thus protecting the moustache stubble(or a full moustache) from being pulled at the same time.

After application of wax into the nostril a "bridge" of wax is also placed on top of the wax strip.

Once set incert the forefinger under the strip and grip the top with the thumb (where the excess wax has been placed)and pull downwards in line with the clients body.I.E. horizontally....nice and simple and relativley comfortable.

One nostrel being done at a time of course.

This procedure allows the customer to lay on their back during treatment which is by far more comfortable and can easily be undertaken whilst say doing other facial treatments without the customer having to move to sit upright....

Very simple and ensures minimal discomfort to the customer.

Of course the use of the wax strip can also be used on females who may have upper lip hair who choose not to want this area waxed.

HTH :hug:

Last edited:
There are numerous techniques that different therapists use which emanate from initial basic training at the offset as well as adoptions through usage over time or simply by hearing about and trying new techniques.

The fundamental difference we adopt is that with a male we would fold a wax strip into a V shape and place this over the upper lip right under the nostrel..thus protecting the moustache stubble(or a full moustache) from being pulled at the same time.

After application of wax into the nostril a "bridge" of wax is also placed on top of the wax strip.

Once set incert the forefinger under the strip and grip the top with the thumb (where the excess wax has been placed)and pull downwards in line with the clients body.I.E. horizontally....nice and simple and relativley comfortable.

One nostrel being done at a time of course.

This procedure allows the customer to lay on their back during treatment which is by far more comfortable and can easily be undertaken whilst say doing other facial treatments without the customer having to move to sit upright....

Very simple and ensures minimal discomfort to the customer.

Of course the use of the wax strip can also be used on females who may have upper lip hair who choose not to want this area waxed.

Oh........That's not a different technique, that's just whether to cover the upper lip or not.

Well I am glad thats been clarified... I thought I was missing out on some new technique that I didnt know about... phew!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh........That's not a different technique, that's just whether to cover the upper lip or not.

The way in which treatments are undertaken and the differences between the way they are undertaken really does boil down to differences in "technique" at the end of the day.

Collin, my point is this and although I'm sure you think it is; my reply really isn't personal to you.

As a distributor, I totally support you giving views and advice on your products as you would have a great understanding of ingredients, as I've seen on your tanning threads....you know your stuff and I totally respect you for that.

However, because you sell wax, that doesn't make you a waxer and I really do think that waxing techniques should be left to people who wax on a regular basis. Although well meaning, you're giving out incorrect and misleading advice. Nostril waxing, although simple enough to do, requires the expertise of an experienced waxer as done incorrectly and without a demo, it can lead to serious damage........in fact, it's been band in France for these reasons..

As an aside, I read the tanning threads, the nails threads, the hair threads but I wouldn't dream of giving out advice or tutorials as I think it's best left to the experienceda and the experts. I just just read and learn.

I hope you take my reply in the good nature that it's intended.

Respect.

Collin, my point is this and although I'm sure you think it is; my reply really isn't personal to you.

As a distributor, I totally support you giving views and advice on your products as you would have a great understanding of ingredients, as I've seen on your tanning threads....you know your stuff and I totally respect you for that.

However, because you sell wax, that doesn't make you a waxer and I really do think that waxing techniques should be left to people who wax on a regular basis. Although well meaning, you're giving out incorrect and misleading advice. Nostril waxing, although simple enough to do, requires the expertise of an experienced waxer as done incorrectly and without a demo, it can lead to serious damage........in fact, it's been band in France for these reasons..

As an aside, I read the tanning threads, the nails threads, the hair threads but I wouldn't dream of giving out advice or tutorials as I think it's best left to the experienceda and the experts. I just just read and learn.

I hope you take my reply in the good nature that it's intended.

Respect.

Hi Kim and thank you for your kind words and thoughts and it is a shame that the subject matter has gone somewhat off topic.

I however have to disagree on your comments regarding "you're giving out incorrect and misleading advice" as this "advise" forms part of our "accredited" training course of which I am the holder and is completely correct and valid.

In so far as to whom this advice or opinion is given it is in answer to a posting on a forum attended by experienced individuals as well as in answer to your specific earlier question directed at me.

Rest assured that as a distributor,salon owner and accredited trainer in such matters provides more than adequate qualification and understanding on my part of the subject matter at hand to enable valid and positive contribution to such threads over and above just matters of "ingrediances" alone.

Hoping you take this response in the good nature it is intended and lets hope this thread can now be left to get back to its origional subject matter:hug:

Be cool :hug:

Rest assured that as a accredited trainer in such matters provides more than adequate qualification and understanding on my part of the subject matter at hand to enable valid and positive contribution to such threads over and above just matters of "ingrediances" alone.

Sincere apologies Collin, I didn't realise that you were a qualified waxer.

Let's agree to disagree eh.

Sincere apologies Collin, I didn't realise that you were a qualified waxer.

Let's agree to disagree eh.

As I see it there is no subject matter here that we need to agree or dis agree upon other than individuals/companies entitlement to their own methodology of application or "technique"

Lets hope this thread can now peacefully return to its original topic.

You be cool now :hug:

Collin, I am thrilled for your input thank you - may I ask what percentage of your male clients opt for the nose wax treatment?

I tried several of my virgin man-wax friends and they all thought it would be really painful, stating that they'd never have it done. I'd be very grateful of the feedback from the existing successful practitioners.

Cheers, Jason.

Is it a good thing to be taking hair out of noses.From what i remember from biology it is one of the places where hair is absolutely necessary and also if you were to make a nose bleed it can be horrendous.
I guess if it is only the very outer nostril then it would be ok ,don't think i will be offering it though.I remember my dad having a nosebleed years ago that he ended up in casualty with as he couldn't stop it and i think he was only picking it:).

Is it a good thing to be taking hair out of noses.From what i remember from biology it is one of the places where hair is absolutely necessary and also if you were to make a nose bleed it can be horrendous.
I guess if it is only the very outer nostril then it would be ok ,don't think i will be offering it though.I remember my dad having a nosebleed years ago that he ended up in casualty with as he couldn't stop it and i think he was only picking it:).
You wouldn't push the wax up into the nose Gillian, just inside. It's the removal of those hairs that give a really groomed look. xxx