On the subject of animals - should our animals be allowed to sleep with us? Yes/no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 pomeranians and when I lived with my boyf they would be left in the kitchen on a night on their beds as he refused to have them in the bedroom. We split up 2 years ago and I moved out with them into a new flat so the first night I let them sleep with me as we were all in a new strange place and I cant get them out my bed now!! Mind I love them to bits and they are bathed once a week religiously and are always cuddled so they smell of whatever perfume I am wearing that day!! Im dreading having a new relationship because I wont have my dogs not in the bed so we are all gonna be rammed in like sardines! They truly are my world and wouldnt change them in anyway they are always so pleased to see me and never answer back!! xx

I have a large springer spaniel (one of the working dog types) and he has his own basket in his room, by a radiator. He loves his bed, which is great because he snores like a pig, stretches out and kicks in his sleep haha! He goes to the groomer, but still moults quite a bit. He's allowed on his blanket on the couch though. He also "talks" a lot to us in his deep grumbly voice, lol, love him.

I also have 2 cats. One is a persian and no matter what we have tried, he wee's on the bed. He actively seeks out the bed, goes for a wee and then gets off again. Therefore all our bedroom doors are closed all the time and he isn't allowed in. They have beds in the living room, but they find a spot they like for about a week and then find a new one.

My other cat loves being curled up in bed, all day in the winter. We do put her out of our bedroom at night, purely because we find there isn't enough room in the bed. (I tend to move a lot in my sleep). Sometimes she'll be a baby and cry until my mum lets her in her bed at night, but usually she sleeps in her bed in the living room.

My 6.5 year old black labrador is a house dog...he never stays outside in a kennel (we don't even own one lol).

he sleeps downstairs on the kitchen on his dog bed. in the day he has free rome of downstairs. i would probably let him upstairs but i'm sure he appreciates the structure we give him. when i'm awake and having a lie in he joins me but we're both awake then.

My Persian is a house cat and is like a little human... I always let her snuggle with me and she sleeps with her head on the pillow and on her back! It is seriously cute and has even been to the pub with me a few times, loves the car too. She is laying on her back in this pic. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323022662.343139.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323022662.343139.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 73
I have 2 pomeranians and when I lived with my boyf they would be left in the kitchen on a night on their beds as he refused to have them in the bedroom. We split up 2 years ago and I moved out with them into a new flat so the first night I let them sleep with me as we were all in a new strange place and I cant get them out my bed now!! Mind I love them to bits and they are bathed once a week religiously and are always cuddled so they smell of whatever perfume I am wearing that day!! Im dreading having a new relationship because I wont have my dogs not in the bed so we are all gonna be rammed in like sardines! They truly are my world and wouldnt change them in anyway they are always so pleased to see me and never answer back!! xx

I love pompoms! Little bundles of fluffkins! I have a German klien spitz....same family as pompoms x

Well, not normally, but son left the stair gate open this morning when he left for work and I ended up the squished filling of a three labrador sandwich :rolleyes: One stretched lengthways in front of me, one curled up against my back and the other curled up against my legs. Got to love them though :biggrin:

I love pompoms! Little bundles of fluffkins! I have a German klien spitz....same family as pompoms x
ahh ya doggy on ya profile picture looks so like my oldest pom! x:Love:

I have 2 cats and they do share my bed, ; millie in the same position at the bottom of the bed (on top of the covers) and Louie the male either in the crook of my arm spooning lol or on the spare pillow (its only me in the double bed).

they are both predominantly house cats, they go out for about an hour when i come home from work but are very quickly back at the door wanting to come in.
i also like others keep up to date with flea/worming/jabs etc and they do get washed occasionally also (millie loves to have her fur blow dried lol).

They actually do have the bed in the spare bedroom with a throw on it and they sleep on it during the day as i keep my bedroom door shut when im out but of an evening both will take themselves off up to my bed when they know its about 9/9.30pm.

As its getting colder though they are both loving snuggles and I woke up at 6am the other morning sandwiched between the 2 of them, i couldnt roll either way.

My male Louie is a naughty kitty, if hes awake and wants me to get up he actually tries to chew my eyelashes!!!!!!! if you open your eyes and peak at him and then close them again, he will hit you on your nose with his paw until you open your eyes again and get up, this can go on for several minutes! if you also try to hide under the duvet by pulling it over your head he will get out his claws, hook them into the duvet and pull so that he can get under to!

I wouldnt have it any other way though :biggrin::Love:

On the hurting the other half in your sleep front, when I was with my daughters dad I did on one occasion elbow him in the face!

But the thing that caused the biggest response (far too much info I know) was pulling the hair between his bum cheeks!! I think he actually threatened to kill me if I ever touched him again, I had no clue what I'd done till morning! :( did amuse me once I'd found out ;)

Haven't done anything since then and that was about 15yrs ago!

Omg haha this reminded me something. I once woke up from a good shake. Was really confused, but then realized... i had bitten into my oh's back(!!!) And wouldnt let go no matter what he did! He said he was very close to slapping me in the face. Ive no idea what had happened that night, i was teally angry in my sleep when i bit into his back and i was even angrier when HE woke me up (how dare he, lol).

Woke up in the morning thinking it was all a dream, but unfortunately, it wasnt. I actually bit my man really bad while asleep :-/

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Yes, when together we have the pup (shes only a min pin) in the bed. She sleeps behind your knees and insists on being completely under the covers (completely unnecessary in Florida). Shes a spoiled brat and often does jail time (in the crate) for her crimes of thieving and eating household plants :lol:

Ha! How funny, I have a tiny min pin, she's exactly the same. Either sleeps in the back of my knees or (I'm a side sleeper) at the top of my back so she can snuggle in my hair. She steals stuff all the time (especially pants) & loves to eat our lavender plants (non toxic to dogs phew).

No, not for me. My bed is my bed and I prefer it without dog hair. The dogs have 2 large pillows on the floor at the foot of the bed they can sleep on but usually one of them still sleeps on the floor beside me or just under my side of the bed.

When I lived at my mums our retriever used to sleep in my bed under the quilt like a human lol. She is soft as anything and I know she would never hurt a fly.

I now have 2 cats I rehomed from RSPCA a few months back. Tigger and felix! Tiggy would only sleep on top of my wardrobe when he first came here. Wouldn't leave my room but now his place is his cushion on my sofa.he always follows me and he is so happy now he has a loving home :)

On the other hand I have felix. He is the devils cat!! He is so funny he follows my shadows,rips up my new carpet,picks on tiggy. I have a silk quilt covers and if I dare move them he pounces and rolls into it so I can't move. Felix sleeps with me.he waits for me then we go to bed together.he meows then jumps on me and lies there all night. My wake up call every morning is a little wet nose on my eyes and purring.

My pets are my family so they can sleep where ever they please.x

Latest posts

Back