Pet owning geeks. Please read WARNING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
I was going to blog this but thought I would post a warning about it here instead ,

the weather is now warming up and atough we all know or should know not to leave our fur baby's in hot cars ,

well something else that i had not really though of before came to my attention yesterday ,
:(

my Husky Okami somehow managed to jump / fall out of the top floor window !

it is a double glazed skyline window on a slanted roof so we are really not sure how he got it totally open but the first that any of us knew about it my other dog was hysterically barking and my 10 year old (drama queen) went to stop him she got into the room and screamed at me that Okami was gone and kaier was barking at the window and she started shouting that he had fallen out , knowing she is a DQ and dose often get the wrong end of things i called back that he was ok and sleeping down stairs (he was 10 minutes before ) so i went to find him .....
he was not there
i saw him through our opaque glass front door
i ran out to get him as i did that i got on the floor to check him out he layed on my lap and was wipering and growling , shaking and heavy breathing i was sure he was dying from internal bleeding ,

we raced round to the vets he got out of the car and hoped in to the vets on his own (amazing that he walked in there ) , they xrayed him from just about every angle ,

amazingly he has no brakes , no fractures , no organ damage , no blood (but a spot on his lip ) he dose have a rather pulled / sprained leg witch they have splinted and wrapped to keep still , he probably landed on it ,

but other than that and being very clingy to me now , he is doing so well ,

I really did think i was going to loose him ,
the vet is even shocked that it wasn't alot worse

please don't read this and think my dog / cat / bunny etc would not do that , Okami is a very calm dog , very well behaved and its totaly out of carrictor for him to do this ,
we really can not always see what our pets are thinking .

I'm not an irresponsible dog owner , my house is very much child and dog proof it was maybe a freak accident but it could happen to anyone !

please remember you pets and there safety around windows this summer .

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for sharing Ceri, and do hope your dog is alright xx

amazing no real damage done. our dog got ran over by TRACTOR last year and besides being really shocked and sore is fine.she was busy running after birds this morning when i was leaving for work!
glad your beautiful dog is ok

Absolutely gorgeous! So lucky aswell. The jump is big also I prob wouldn't survive I'm a wuss. Haha

Glad all is ok though x

Gorgeous dog so relived it was not much much worse. Aww give some chin tickles from me x

Thanks for sharing mizzy glad your Dog is ok xx

Oh my god what an awful experiance for you all, sent shivers down my spine reading that!
What a lucky doggie, so glad he's ok :hug:
Thanks for the warning

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Okami! Such a beautiful doggy! It really upset me seeing it being all poorly with a bandage on his leg :(

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a quick recovery xxx

Aw poor thing, give Okami a big hug from us:( (my dog has jumped out of our window but it was ground floor so he just scared the bejeebies out of the person who had posted a flyer through our door) we had a lovely visit from the police tho (as she reported a dangerous pit bull tried to attack her!, he's a cream shar pei and just ran up to her then jumped back in the window!!) so by the time the police turned up he was sitting looking out of the window as if nothing happened but we had to have a police 'expert' give us a certificate to say he was not on the dangerous list :( so, point is, although not as scary as your predicament, we learned the hard way too that dogs and open windows don't mix :)

So glad this had a miraculous outcome!
As a new, and anxious, fur Mummy I can only imagine what you went through....

So glad your dog is ok. He's absolutely gorgeous

I know how you feel my pooch polly got away from us 8 weeks ago near a 40 road and got run over. We really thought we were going to loose her. Being extra careful all the time is so important! The second pic is her now fully recovered and loved more than ever :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332869557.748188.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332869557.748188.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332869567.903730.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332869567.903730.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 53
OMG Ceri!

That is just amazing that he didn't do more damage coming all the way from the roof.

Hopefully it won't be long til he gets the lamp shade off and is doing this again:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

Wow, your dog was *extremely* lucky to fall from that height and only suffer a sprain!

Oh my word Mizzy! I don't really know what to say other than thank goodness Okami is ok... the picture of the window she fell from has made me feel a bit sick.
Huskies eh? always surprising us with new tricks! xx

That's CRAZY!! So glad he's ok... He's absolutely beautiful xx

I'm a huge pet lover. I'm glad your dog is ok. I remember last year in school someone left their dogs in the car right in the middle of summer here in Arizona they were next door at another business next to the school. A student got her attention and let her know. The dogs were ok

I love dogs and he is just gorgeous! I'm so glad that he's alright x

Jasper, my avatar fell out of an upstairs window once. Thankfully cats land on their feet, so he was ok (bit embarrassed).

Latest posts

Back