On the subject of animals - should our animals be allowed to sleep with us? Yes/no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

I know there are alot of people who feel that dogs should not be allowed into the house, never mind their bed! Just wondered what you all thought about this. I have to say there is nothing I love more than to be having a cup of coffee in bed with my two boys (dogs) cuddled up beside me. They don't actually sleep with us all night, simply because they would take up the whole bed. They have little beds outside the bedroom door. The minute I get up to bring hubby and me a cup of coffee in the morning, they are straight up under the covers. It suits us having them with us. What are your views??

My pug sleeps with me because my partner works nights and i love it however i wouldnt of fancied my rottweiler in my bed however lovely she was xx

Sent from my X10i

I have a 14 week old bullmastiff he sleeps in his crate down stairs at night when he is fully grown I wouldn't want him in me bed as he is going to be huge :lol: there would be no room.I think each to there own though it's not something I would do but don't frown upon people that'd do.however Gary is allowed on our sofas we have so many of them lol that he's got his own one lol x

My pug sleeps with me because my partner works nights and i love it however i wouldnt of fancied my rottweiler in my bed however lovely she was xx

Sent from my X10i

Aww, our Pug often curls up with Sonia too! I used to let the cats sleep in my bed when I lived in Trowbridge and only had the two cats; now we have 7 cats, I don't let them in the bedroom any more as that would just be chaos and I'd be woken up every few minutes by a cat coming through the cat flap in the bedroom door! So now the cat flap in the bedroom door is set to "exit only" - should a cheeky cat manage to sneak in. Also I think I have a bit of an allergy to cat hair now too...

The hubbys bosten terrier mix sleeps in my bed , right between me and hubby with his head on the pillow, this was hubby's fault he started it,
I always keep up to date with frontline and worming ,daily brushing and and bathing 1x a week , and nails , also clean bedding once a week so I'm not to fussed ,

My husky sleeps under my bed , he's happy there very independent dog,
I wish he would sleep on my feet when it's cold tho lol

However when the alarm clock goes off (5:30am) the husky and my cat get on the bed and jump all over us !
They are the wake up crew!

The hubbys bosten terrier mix sleeps in my bed , right between me and hubby with his head on the pillow, this was hubby's fault he started it,
I always keep up to date with frontline and worming ,daily brushing and and bathing 1x a week , and nails , also clean bedding once a week so I'm not to fussed ,

My husky sleeps under my bed , he's happy there very independent dog,
I wish he would sleep on my feet when it's cold tho lol

However when the alarm clock goes off (5:30am) the husky and my cat get on the bed and jump all over us !
They are the wake up crew!

I'm so jealous - you've got a Boston Terrier in your family. Sonia and I would just *love* a Boston Terrier - it's the breed right at the top of our doggie wish list!

I don't let our dog upstairs, our cat wasn't allowed either when she was alive. Although I think if it was left to hubby and kids they'd let the dog have free reign as I have caught them on occasions letting the dog upstairs. It's so funny though cause when he hears my voice he is straight down the stairs with his tail literally between his legs lol

Robin (the dog) is not allowed on the furniture either, he has more than enough bedding and places to sleep on the floor, plus we have for the first time ever brand new furniture and he would wreck it.

Don't shoot me it's just the way I feel but I don't agree with pets upstairs! My father-in-law and I often have discussions on this and although he lets his dog and many cats upstairs even he understands how I feel about it. It doesn't mean I love my dog any less than the next person it's just the way I feel!! x

I have two weeny dogs (a long haired chihuahua and a miniature jackrussell x chihuahua) and they both snuggle up in bed, i love it.
They have a step to get on the bed as they can't jump high enough.
Im missing my little girl in bed at the moment though as she's pregnant (due any day) and doesn't even wander upstairs at the moment cos she's huge!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I have two cats and given the chance they would sleep on the bed but I don't allow it. It's MY bed :lol:

I have two weeny dogs (a long haired chihuahua and a miniature jackrussell x chihuahua) and they both snuggle up in bed, i love it.
They have a step to get on the bed as they can't jump high enough.
Im missing my little girl in bed at the moment though as she's pregnant (due any day) and doesn't even wander upstairs at the moment cos she's huge!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Aww a lickle doggy step! So cuuute!

I have 2 cats and on the odd night they have stayed in I have had one or both on the bed.

When I had my flat, Troy used to curl up under the covers (like the spoons position!) He was my cuddly teddy bear!

They both go out at night now though.

As for dogs, I wouldn't because the hairs are a nightmare! Not as soft, end up everywhere and make me itch!

It's actually dangerous you know? There's been numerous reports of dogs having 'bad dreams' and snapping at owners while half asleep! A lady lost half her face because she let her dog sleep with her. Mine has his bed on the floor.. But I think even that is frowned upon :(

I have always had mt dogs on the bed with me, however, when I moved in with my partner last year, he was strongly opposed to it. So my Staffie now sleeps with his son, in the bed, head on the pillow.
If my partner is away on busines she sleeps with me & I love it.

Be careful ladies.. Ever heard if the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie" .. I would hate for one of u to get bitten. Even the best tempered dogs have snapped when been woken suddenly! X

Be careful ladies.. Ever heard if the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie" .. I would hate for one of u to get bitten. Even the best tempered dogs have snapped when been woken suddenly! X

I read about that lady I agree with you here my pup has very strange dreams where he growls and barks in his sleep god knows what he is dreaming about but I wouldn't like to take the chance as he is prob going to be about 12 stone when fully grown lol wouldn't like him to bite me then he would swallow me whole lol

all my dogs sleep in my bed with me, 3 of them even sleep under the quilt with me, doesnt fell like i have a dobble bed. some of them sleep in the spear bed which now really is the spear dog bed lol xxxu

My belief is that dogs should be treated like dogs not babies I don't mean that in a nasty way nor am I criticising anybody this is my belief.our puppy is most defiantly a member of the family don't get me wrong and is loved so so much but there are things I just wouldn't do he is not allowed upstairs and not allowed on our bed he is going to be far to big plus I don't want my bed smelling of dog lol.he sleeps in his crate at night and he likes his big 5 feet crate lol.he does have lil naps on his sofa lol we have a few of them but he genuinely loves his house.and there is rules in our house as to what he can do and what he can't do.x

I read about that lady I agree with you here my pup has very strange dreams where he growls and barks in his sleep god knows what he is dreaming about but I wouldn't like to take the chance as he is prob going to be about 12 stone when fully grown lol wouldn't like him to bite me then he would swallow me whole lol

Lol totally! I've got a massive golden retriever.. He's the same.. Very active in his sleep.. He's growled before too.. I woke up thinking we had an intruder! Did make me feel wary about even having him in the bedroom with me to be honest!

From a year old my two were allowed upstairs and in bed with us, once completely toilet trained! And it was after they'd been neutered so they were all sad and in pain so that was the first night and they've been there since lol.

One sleeps under my arm and one behind my legs, they're only little jack Russell's. I have heard about the lady that had her face bitten off but it wouldn't stop me sleeping with the dogs on the bed. After all haven't you heard about partners that get beaten up in their sleep by their 'sleep walking' OH's?! But I still let him sleep in the bed lol

From a year old my two were allowed upstairs and in bed with us, once completely toilet trained! And it was after they'd been neutered so they were all sad and in pain so that was the first night and they've been there since lol.

One sleeps under my arm and one behind my legs, they're only little jack Russell's. I have heard about the lady that had her face bitten off but it wouldn't stop me sleeping with the dogs on the bed. After all haven't you heard about partners that get beaten up in their sleep by their 'sleep walking' OH's?! But I still let him sleep in the bed lol

If my OH hit me he'd get one back! Lmao! Wudnt edge my bets against a dog tho!

Latest posts

Back