One ball method?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what everyone uses? the one ball method or the traditional way of forming the 3 balls? I have recently went from doing the tip, then doing 2 balls for the fill...to one ball for the fill. I have found it to be faster and I can get a thinner flush line at the cuticle. What's everyone's opinion of the one ball method??

Just wanted to see what everyone uses? the one ball method or the traditional way of forming the 3 balls? I have recently went from doing the tip, then doing 2 balls for the fill...to one ball for the fill. I have found it to be faster and I can get a thinner flush line at the cuticle. What's everyone's opinion of the one ball method??

I often use just one bead.

If youcan do it and create the balance you need then why not? There are lots of ways to do nails .. this is just another way. At CND we call it "the 2 step"!!

I use the '2 step' sometimes too. I asked my ambassador at CND if this could be done and she said yes. I find on some nails it's an easier way to work.

I often use just one bead.

If youcan do it and create the balance you need then why not? There are lots of ways to do nails .. this is just another way. At CND we call it "the 2 step"!!

I thought 'the 2 step' was a country line dance of some sort. :lol:

All joking aside, how would this be done? I've never seen it. Thank you so much! :hug:

I do the reverse application method with 1 bead of pink then the white.

This works for me but some times people find it much easier to use 2 beads of pink.

Hope this helps

I prefer the "one ball" method to the three ball method that my tutor for EZF showed me, cos thats the way I was originally taught. As Tracey said, its really easy to do reverse application with one ball as opposed to two. I have also found that my zone three is much better using the OB method.

You do what feels more natural to you. Try it and see. It may work out or it may not, but you aren't gonna know til you try it!
Good Luck
N

I'll be giving the 'one ball' method a go, although I cannot see how I can do it - it'll have to be one big ball!! :irked:

I use young nails and love the reverse, just have to get better at it before i actually do it on anyone :) the one ball method has worked good for me so far, as i can get a better zone 3 and the nail is thinner in that zone. just wondered if it can make the nail any weaker or affect it that way? was there a reason for teaching with the "3 step" method?

i use the one ball method on small nails- if they too big a nailbed then i dont

I'm not sure of the reason behind the three ball, save a control issue maybe if you aren't used to your brush/product? I don't know, honestly.

I don't find it makes the nail weaker as long as you are skint on product. That might be a problem with using one ball, being afraid of using too huge a bead and then making plank nails so you go opposite and make em too thin....that would give you issues for sure.

Keep on truckin with it! :)

Nancy

i try to use this method if i can as i get a lot less lifting this way. I find it easier to do on smaller nail plates and i do like to do it if i can make it work on the nail.

its a good method.

tigi

The 3 zone method is a great way to teach beginners as it gives them the control they need at the start using smaller beads.

But crumbs, we move onwards and upwards and adapt to new methods as we move forward in our techniques and gain our skills. THAT is why it is so important to move along with your education. Little by little.

Many people take things so literally. What's good at the beginning becomes more refined with better skill .. just like with anything. Continue your education and you will gain more and more skills.

Latest posts

Back