One of those website threads...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
Hi all

After my website drama, I now have a new one! I'd just like some feedback, I'm going cross eyed checking for typo's, things I've missed out etc lol.

Feel free to be brutal, you won't hurt my feelings I promise. Thanks :D

Looking good! (Especially the logo- that bit is the best by miles...lol...joking!)

But- I might be going mental (and actually thought my screen was dirty)- what are the "smudges" to the left and right at the top of the page?

site looks good, the smudges? u mean the torso pics? they look clear to me. Site looks really pro!

hahahahah, smudges!! If you tilt your screen I think they are like piles of stones. I'm not actually sure what they are to be honest. Do you think it'd look better with just a plain white background? Or are you just looking at it with your critical designing eye? lol

Torsos? really?..well, it must be like a magic-eye pic cos I cant see that at all! lol

Oh yeah...your right leelah, they are torso's thanks heheheh x

The left one is a woman torso in a bikini, and the right one's a guy. Take another look Carl! lol

I mean- its not like me to not spot a bikini...but it took several attempts!

welllllllll I suppose you could get other nut-cases like me who couldnt tell what they were, but is that a bad thing? at least they'd look again.

i cant see how u couldnt see them lol was clear as any thing lol

Any other opinions?

One thing that's glaring out at me is a typo - you have "definately" where it definitely should be "definitely"...

From an SEO point of view, it would also be good to mention where you are based in the <title> tag, and in the description and keywords meta tags, as people often search for "beauty london" or "beauty south east london" for example, and having them in the <title> tag and the meta tags can give that a lot more weighting in terms of SEO, so you would come up higher on a search for "beauty london" etc, if you had the words "south east London" in the title and the meta tags too.

However, those relatively minor tech issues (which really shouldn't take long at all to fix) shouldn't detract from the fact that it's a clean, fresh looking site; the Javascript animation of images on the home page is definitely a nice touch too.

LOL @ Carl, they looked like smudges to me too until I tilted my screen back a bit!

The website looks good hun.

The left one is a woman torso in a bikini, and the right one's a guy. Take another look Carl! lol

Those pics are truncated on my 1280 x 800 laptop screen... and I also need to tilt my screen to see any of them... very abstract art I'd say lol...

Thanks all. Ruth, I've got the definitely being changed...thanks : ), but you've lost me on the whole meta tags thing!? lol

What should I ask him to do?? I'm clueless! :D

Thanks all. Ruth, I've got the definitely being changed...thanks : ), but you've lost me on the whole meta tags thing!? lol

What should I ask him to do?? I'm clueless! :D

Suki, if you just tell him what I said, hopefully he'll know what to do if he's a tech head too [which he almost certainly should be if he's doing you a website] :)

At first glance, a clean site that is easy navigate (and your prices are good).

My comments are thus:

- A full body wax without a brazilian is not a full body wax. You can say "excluding" all you like but that's akin to telling people you do facials without the decolletage. A full body wax, by its very definition, includes the genital area.

- Again, by its definition, a half leg wax always includes the knees.

- A comment on pain. You truthfully can't advertise that a procedure isn't as painful as it sounds because you don't know that. Everyone is different and some may not like others trivialising their reaction to pain. For example, there's a tread in here from a girl who found her b wax an agony. Me, I get a sting now and again but nowhere near agony. If it were me, I'd just leave it at 'nostril wax'. Guys get that.

- Font is small. For easier reading I'd go up a size.

Love the pricing structure. Love the copy. Love the 'speedo line' ref in the men's section (what a good way to put it). Love the images and your logo. Great stuff!

Little thing in introduction,should it not read home and not own? Love the clear layout of the site though.

Latest posts

Back