Opening and closing times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
what are your opening/closing times?..

when its really quiet do you ever shut early?

have a nice day :hug:

We are a hair, health and beauty studio and our hours are:-

10am -6pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays
10am -7pm Thursdays
!0am -4pm Saturdays

If you have set hours and they are displayed on the premises NEVER EVER close early just because you are quiet. I have very strong views on this. There is nothing worse, as a potential customer,to have checked out a shops working hours, to go and find it shut early. I personally would not go back.

There are always things to do during the quiet times, eg; cleaning your working area, working on advertising schemes, preparing ideas for "offer" leaflets, etc. If business is slow think of ways to increase it. Be proactive not reactive.

Last edited:
Hi,

There is a current thread by Kel's25 entitled "What are your business hours? I'm having trouble setting mine" which has had a good response so I think that would be of help.

x

i have closed mine early twice since opened but not too early about 2 hours i think:eek:
i will be displaying my hours somewhere outside so people can see when closed when my shutters are down when we are opened.

i wouldnt close early if you had appointments etc and wouldnt do it often.

when i have closed i put a note saying closed at xpm because of x reason. we are still able to take calls and bookings on our number xxxxxxx.
and i divert my calls to my mobile. and i did still get calls those days.

my hair salon where i get my hair done closes early when they dont have appointments always and people know that and so they always book first including me.

I close if I have nothing in for the late afternoon....I leave a message on the door & they can ring if they want me.....Im only 10 mins from the salon so If I choose to go back i do....x

I have to say that closing early for no other reason than you are quiet is not a good business decision. Clients WILL go elsewhere.

A shop closed when it should be open shouts, poor business, not enough customers, doesn't care about it's customers, etc.
Put yourself in the potential clients shoes. If there was a hairdresser/beautician etc. down the road who was open and would fit you in wouldn't you go there instead?? I think the general public on the whole would.

Hi, IMHO if you are displaying your open/close times then it doesnt look good if you are closed during these times. If we were quiet then instead of going home early we would clean, stock check, etc - there is always lots to do!

As a client I would be cheesed off if I had gone out of my way to visit the salon to make an appointment/buy vouchers etc during the opening hours and the shop was shut.

There may be times where an emergency forces you to shut early but personally I wouldnt just close as I had no clients - I would use the time to benefit my business :hug:

thanks for all your replys :)

just pointing out that i havnt closed early it was just a question.

aswell as asking what were your opening hours.

i do not have my opening hours displayed yet im awaiting my sign.

my hours are:

mon-10.00-6pm.
tues: closed
wed: 10.00-8pm
thurs:9.30- 4pm
fri:10.00-6pm
sat: 10.00-6pm

i will prob change this to two late nights after baby is born just cant manage it right now. id have one on thursday to 8pm also.

I am still trying to find out when my customers need me. I don't start until 10 - and I will take an appointment until 7 weekdays, and 6 on Saturday.

I do offer a clinic on Sunday too - but it only seems to be interesting to Stag Dos and Charity waxing :)

Since I only offer appointments - rather than a drop in clinic then it's easy for me to be 'fully booked' on a Monday when I need a rest.

Personally I would never close early if I was quiet. You never know what you might miss.

hth?
Jason.

thanks hun, i know i was felt really poorly the other day but with me just opening recently i didnt want to shut incase i missed any walk ins. in the end i ended up leaving at 6 rather than 7.

x

Hi..
You could put the times on the door that you want to work, (quiet or not) and also say that you are open late for appointments too..Thats what i have done.
This way you and the clients always know when you will be open and if they need a later time they can make an appointment.
Hope this helps

im just waiting for my times to be printed off thats why i dont have them displayed.. i was just wondering what times other people are open hun :)

Sorry everyone, but yes I DO close early occasionally . . and I also stay later then my opening hours at other busy times, so I figure that makes up for it.

If you're doing a late night and it's the beginning of november, for example, and your last client has gone and it's half an hour before you're due to close I really don't think you'd get a walk-in last minute booking if it's a dark and possibly rainy evening.

On the other hand in the middle of july on a nice sunny evening, then it's a completely different kettle of fish.

I think you just have to use your judgment and past experience.

Latest posts

Back