OPI UV Seal that prevents lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this?! There's a local salon that has on their Facebook page that they're promoting clients to pay £3 more for this seal to prevent lifting.

My first thoughts was that it was an OPI equivalent to NSI Glaze n Go that just leaves a high shine on acrylics but if this stuff exists - has anyone tried it?

I've always been taught that'll lifting is down to prep?

x

Last edited:
Anyone heard of this?! There's a local salon that has on their Facebook page that they're promoting clients to pay £3 more for this seal to prevent lifting.

My first thoughts was that it was an OPI equivalent to NSI Glaze n Go that just leaves a high shine on acrylics but if this stuff exists - has anyone tried it?

I've always been taught that lifting is down to prep?

x

Well lifting can be attributed to poor prep or poor application techniques or wrong mix ratio, etc. It's not all due to bad prep but that is a big culprit for sure.

How have we professionals who have been in the nail business for eons ever got along and done non-lifting nails without a product to put on the top of our work that prevents lifting?? By doing excellent thorough preparation and by learning the application techniques to prevent lifting problems .. that's how.

FACT: If nails are not applied correctly and preparation is not carried out thoroughly, no top coat is going to prevent those nails from lifting.

Last edited:
Well lifting can be attributed to poor prep or poor application techniques or wrong mix ratio, etc. It's not all due to bad prep but that is a big culprit for sure.

How have we professionals who have been in the nail business for eons ever get along and do non-lifting nails without a product to put on the top of our work that prevents lifting?? By doing excellent thorough preparation and by learning the application techniques to prevent lifting problems .. that's how.

FACT: If nails are not applied correctly and preparation is not carried out thoroughly, no top coat is going to prevent those nails from lifting.

Bingo!! Gigi you're a star! Thank you

I'm proud to say that I have very minimal lifting of my clients nails now but it just got my thinking and wondering whether they were telling porkies to their clients or if it even existed!!

x

Bingo!! Gigi you're a star! Thank you

I'm proud to say that I have very minimal lifting of my clients nails now but it just got my thinking and wondering whether they were telling porkies to their clients or if it even existed!!

x

Well, honestly! Lifting starts from underneath .. no top coat is going to prevent it if it is going to happen. Doug Shoon always says ... if a nail lifts then it was never really on in the first place.

Geeg could I just ask this at the risk of being stupid :eek: lol.

I have several horsey people who have suffered from lifting to various degrees. However I started using OPI gel top coat and have had virtually no lifting at all.

Would this be because these people regularly have their hands in water due to washing their horses, feed bowls etc. Or is it coincidence and I'm just doing better nails lol.

Xxxxx

Geeg could I just ask this at the risk of being stupid :eek: lol.

I have several horsey people who have suffered from lifting to various degrees. However I started using OPI gel top coat and have had virtually no lifting at all.

Would this be because these people regularly have their hands in water due to washing their horses, feed bowls etc. Or is it coincidence and I'm just doing better nails lol.

Xxxxx

It is not at all 'stupid' and it is something that you are observing so that is great.

It could be a combination of things: less length,
And a bit more protection against the dehydrating effects of water for sure could be helping,
And you may be doing the job better as you gain experience as well! :D

I can totally see a gel top coat adding protection from dehydration which in turn would help to prevent lifting from that particular cause.. Many of us have been doing this for years for hairdressers etc so nothing new there. In this case one could also market Solar Oil or Avocado Oil as an equally effective aid to prevent lifting.

But if lifting is being caused by poor prep, bad ratio etc. then this product won't prevent that and that was my only point ... That nail technicians shouldn't rely on a top coat as a substitute or short cut for doing their normal thorough and good work.

I think it is a clever bit of marketing for an old idea that many of us have been doing for years anyway with clients who suffer from dehydration of their enhancements, don't use Solar Oil for home care etc. good on 'em for thinking of it as a marketing idea to liven it up as a top coat.

Last edited:
Thanks Geeg :hug: my clients are huge solar oil girlies all of them and they really use it.

But I definitely see your point about dehydration they are very competitive horsey girls so for them I will continue to use the top coat alongside solar oil.

By the way what has really made me smile is that I KNOW FOR A FACT that I'm working better because as I write this I remember when I first started doing nails I used a gel top coat and they all lifted horribly. Yay I'm getting there.

Lovely to speak to you. Thanks xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back