Painless Nostril Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
With a professional nod to Queen Kim . . . . . . .

OK Geeks - I recon everyone's had their evening meal by now? :)

Last in the current series of help sheets is "Painless Nostril Waxing". Sheet number three on the site;

Nostril Waxing+

I really hope it's useful to you?

Best Valentines wishes!

Jason.

Great guide, many thanks.

Thank you! I read about but never seen before. Undersandable for everyone.
Too much to wait for ears?

Thanks again,
Keti

Thanks again Jason.

I did this with Kim a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing and painless.

Brilliant notes, very clear and concise.

xxx

Thats just gorgeous!
Thanx Jason.

Thank you! I read about but never seen before. Undersandable for everyone.

Too much to wait for ears?

Thanks again,
Keti

You're most welcome. If I get 9 more 'Ears' helpsheet requests - I'll set up the model and sort out a document for y'all :)

Best, Jason.

Last edited:
fantastic, professional looking tutorial - great pics and easiy to understand - yes please to the same for ears - pretty please! how about a male brow as well? now I'm just being greedy!

fab job jason!

wow that is brilliant, I have always wondered how a nostril wax is done!!! All I need now is someone who will let me practise on them!!! My boyfriend just told me to f*** off!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

My boyfriend just told me to f*** off!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Bless :):) - I'm almost there with you in the room!! Once tried - they never go back! Go work your magic - eh?

"Think what else you could do at the traffic lights!!"

woohoo ears sheet!
Pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry?xx

they are great. asked my other half if I could have a go on him:rolleyes:. He said Yes:twisted::hug:so if you show ears as well, maybe he'll have the lot done.

Once you start nostril waxing you just can't help yourself looking up everyones nose!!
I do my husbands nose and ears all the time now.
Everyone is always amazed at how painless it is. They are even more amazed when you show them the 'hedgehog' :lol:

Fantastic tutorial as per usual. However, when I was undertaking my beauty therapy training, we were not permitted to wax the ears or nostrils as it was deemed a health risk.

When you look at it, nose hairs:

- act as a filter and keep dust and dirt out of the nasal passages that lead to your lungs;

- maintain humidity in the air passages by trapping humidity as one exhales while evaporation of trapped moisture on the hairs humidifies inhaled air; and

- loss of nose hairs (nasal cilia) has been linked to increased severity of asthma, seasonal allergy and atopic dermatitis

so I could see why this treatment would be considered a no go zone. Just something to take into consideration.

Fantastic tutorial as per usual. However, when I was undertaking my beauty therapy training, we were not permitted to wax the ears or nostrils as it was deemed a health risk.

When you look at it, nose hairs:

- act as a filter and keep dust and dirt out of the nasal passages that lead to your lungs;

- maintain humidity in the air passages by trapping humidity as one exhales while evaporation of trapped moisture on the hairs humidifies inhaled air; and

- loss of nose hairs (nasal cilia) has been linked to increased severity of asthma, seasonal allergy and atopic dermatitis

so I could see why this treatment would be considered a no go zone. Just something to take into consideration.

Thanks very much for your post. I certainly don't want to promote unheathy treatments. Could you provide the links to the respected research please? I would like to understand the risk.

In consideration of the fact that the denisty of most nostril hair covers about 5% of the passage - unless you live or work somewhere extremely dusty, dirty or dry - I struggle to understand how significant this is in humans.

WRT yout third point - I found a rather similar quote that I cut and pasted here from wiki - except the one I found reads "Loss of nasal cilia due to alopecia areata (a form of hair loss that causes bald spots) has been linked to increased severity of asthma, seasonal allergy and atopic dermatitis" - so this is talking about an underlying condition - not as a consensul treatment.

Thanks again for your post - I look forward to reading the papers.

painless nostril waxing .... yeah right, I think they should put the epidural in the other end, then it would be painless.:eek:

painless nostril waxing .... yeah right, I think they should put the epidural in the other end, then it would be painless.:eek:

It is painless, honest!

It was painless when i had it done.

It does feel a bit strange and you can feel the tug, but it doesn't hurt. And i'm a wimp, lol x

One of my clients has just had this done and was delighted,however this was done in London and she asked if I could do it for her.No insurance to do nose waxing so no can do.Wonder how much we will have to pay to do the 'training',just to get insured:irked: Maybe yet another £200...where does it end? :-(

One of my clients has just had this done and was delighted,however this was done in London and she asked if I could do it for her.No insurance to do nose waxing so no can do.Wonder how much we will have to pay to do the 'training',just to get insured:irked: Maybe yet another £200...where does it end? :-(

I was trained to do nasal waxing when I trained to do male waxing with the fabulous Andy (Axion). Its no big deal, and very easy to do once shown.

When I perform this treatment I don't actually put any of my wax inside the clients nostril but close one side of the nostril together before applying the non strip wax around the outside of the closed cavity. This still gets a 'plug' of wax covered with unwanted nasal hair quite painlessly and effectively.

I know Kim shows her trainees nasal waxing too.

I wouldnt have thought you needed a course just for nasal waxing.. thats getting a bit OTT. lol!

I was trained to do nasal waxing when I trained to do male waxing with the fabulous Andy (Axion). Its no big deal, and very easy to do once shown.

When I perform this treatment I don't actually put any of my wax inside the clients nostril but close one side of the nostril together before applying the non strip wax around the outside of the closed cavity. This still gets a 'plug' of wax covered with unwanted nasal hair quite painlessly and effectively.

I know Kim shows her trainees nasal waxing too.

I wouldnt have thought you needed a course just for nasal waxing.. thats getting a bit OTT. lol!

Not a course Jen,I meant trained:green: sorry, however we have to have done the area we are waxing(not just shown but actually assessed and competent) in order to be insured.A lot of therapists are waxing areas that they have not been trained to do(nor qualified in doing) and therfore are not covered by their insurance should anything go wrong,this is what causes me concern.

Latest posts

Back