Pancake Day tomorrow, how do you like yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really thin with lemon and sweetner, yum yum, don't like it they are thick

Here's one I made

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360658831.530877.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360658831.530877.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 78
I have nutella, or lemon + orange juice with sugar. The best pancake I ever had was in Benalmadéna in a little open fronted cafe on the beach, it was huge & smothered in fresh mangp puree, mmmmmmm!

You can't beat lemon and sugar but I do like to have one or two with Nutella or syrup and banana, yum! I have so many, think I need to start eating them year round to stop me bingeing on them once a year!

Nutella bananas & cream or maple syrup & cream xxx

I'm American- so fluffy buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and a little dollop of whipped butter on top :D in fact- I'm gonna go whip me up a batch right now...

Jif lemon though, right guys??

"Don't forget the pancakes on Jif Lemon Day!!"

I'm not making any because it's just me on my own and that's a bit sad. And last time I tried to make thin english pancakes they blew. I like the fat spongey american ones better.

I'm not making any either today, I tried to earlier and the stupid ass OH decided he knows how to make pancakes better and just stepped in front of me and took over making them! So I am refusing to have any!

I have made the pancakes for the last 6 years for the kids. Bet he will leave the dirty dishes for me to wash though! Lol

I will have my pancake day tomorrow!! :( x

Iv just tried and failed ... All stuck to the pan and iv walked off in a mood! I'm starving!! :( x

:D take that, ihop!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 60
OMG I'm the worst mother and person on the world I forgot it was pancake day :Scared:.

Little pancakey insight into my life:

In a creperie in Brittany, some years ago, we were ordering savoury pancakes. All the French speaking throughout the hols had been left to me; not because I'm brilliant at it, I'm just not inhibited about having a go.

Anyway, when the waitress had taken mine and the kids' orders she turned to my husband. He looked to me and I left him to it:wink2:......After stuttering "Er, er, er...." he muttered "jambon".

Instead of getting the ham he thought he'd ordered he got a pancake with 3 fried eggs (oeufs!) on top.

It clicked with us as to why, and I still chuckle about it today!

Im sure my daughter isnt mine.. She doesnt like pancakes!! (So i ate hers :) ) nutella or butter and sugar ... Yummy!

Little pancakey insight into my life:

In a creperie in Brittany, some years ago, we were ordering savoury pancakes. All the French speaking throughout the hols had been left to me; not because I'm brilliant at it, I'm just not inhibited about having a go.

Anyway, when the waitress had taken mine and the kids' orders she turned to my husband. He looked to me and I left him to it:wink2:......After stuttering "Er, er, er...." he muttered "jambon".

Instead of getting the ham he thought he'd ordered he got a pancake with 3 fried eggs (oeufs!) on top.

It clicked with us as to why, and I still chuckle about it today!

I'm confussed why please tell lol xxx

I'm confussed why please tell lol xxx

Poor waitress must have thought he wanted 3 eggs, because the French for egg (oeuf) is pronounced a bit like "erf". He said "er" 3 times,'cos he couldn't think what to say, so she must have thought he didn't know the French for 3, and thought he wanted "L'oeuf, oeuf, oeuf"..........tee-hee!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Nutella and bananas! :)

Poor waitress must have thought he wanted 3 eggs, because the French for egg (oeuf) is pronounced a bit like "erf". He was said "er" 3 times,'cos he couldn't think what to say, so she must have thought he didn't know the French for 3, and thought he wanted "L'oeuf, oeuf, oeuf"..........tee-hee!:biggrin:

Now that has made me giggle out loud, that's so funny xxx

Poor waitress must have thought he wanted 3 eggs, because the French for egg (oeuf) is pronounced a bit like "erf". He said "er" 3 times,'cos he couldn't think what to say, so she must have thought he didn't know the French for 3, and thought he wanted "L'oeuf, oeuf, oeuf"..........tee-hee!:biggrin:

Hahahahaha that tickled me :)

Just seen this on Facebook, maybe pancakes aren't as safe as we all
Thought xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360790484.484897.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360790484.484897.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 50
Just seen this on Facebook, maybe pancakes aren't as safe as we all
Thought xoxo

FANTASTIC! :D hahahhahah!! Although painful!! Fancy doing that whilst cooking!

Latest posts

Back