Paraben free spray tan solution. Recommendations please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel1978

Reaction score
HI all,
Hope you are all well. It has been a long time!!
I have a client who has developed an allergic reaction to spray tan solution in the form of localised itching after circa 3 days. She is adamant that she will not go without spray tans and i really don't want to see her itching for the forseeable future.
I have done some research and have discovered that i need to locate a paraben free solution in order to minimise the problem. I am hoping that this will work for her!!.
My problem is is that so far i have only come across brands that i have not personally used before. I would there fore be most appreciative if you guys could help me out with good product guides.
If any of you use a paraben free solution i would love to hear your reasons for using it etc and if it has solved any allergy problems you may of had.
As this is only for one client i am only looking to purchase in small quantities so MOQ needs to be small!
MAny Many thanks
Amanda x

HI all,
Hope you are all well. It has been a long time!!
I have a client who has developed an allergic reaction to spray tan solution in the form of localised itching after circa 3 days. She is adamant that she will not go without spray tans and i really don't want to see her itching for the forseeable future.
I have done some research and have discovered that i need to locate a paraben free solution in order to minimise the problem. I am hoping that this will work for her!!.
My problem is is that so far i have only come across brands that i have not personally used before. I would there fore be most appreciative if you guys could help me out with good product guides.
If any of you use a paraben free solution i would love to hear your reasons for using it etc and if it has solved any allergy problems you may of had.
As this is only for one client i am only looking to purchase in small quantities so MOQ needs to be small!
MAny Many thanks
Amanda x

Hi Amanda,
are you quiet sure its the paraben issue that's causing this problem to the customer.,..is she on medication that she wasnt taking before??

Itchiness is normally associated with solutions that either have high levels of alcohol and or low levels of aloe Vera ???

There has been a whole thread on the subject of Parabens in the nail section of this site only today which may be worthwhile having a look at.
There is a lot of hype on the Paraben issue in spray tan solutions ..the reality is that with the minimal levels present there is little or no risk to the individual having the solution applied to the skin.

Many solution providers are switching to Paraben free solutions,as we have just done only last month, not due to the possible dangers of its inclusion within the formulation but more so of one of being seen to be green kind of thing and from a marketing perspective.

HTH

HI Collin,
Many thanks for your quick response. Obviously i am not 100% sure that the reaction is Paraben related but i am more than willing to give the paraben free solution a try to see if it is better.
My client is on no medication nor has she had any other noticable changes in her lifestyle.
Im stumped my self which is why when i came across the paraben free solution i thought it may be worth a try. If as you say it may not be Paraben related what other options can i look at? Do you know of solutions that are kinder to the skin than others regarding alcohol? perfume etc.

Thank u x

HI Collin,
Many thanks for your quick response. Obviously i am not 100% sure that the reaction is Paraben related but i am more than willing to give the paraben free solution a try to see if it is better.
My client is on no medication nor has she had any other noticable changes in her lifestyle.
Im stumped my self which is why when i came across the paraben free solution i thought it may be worth a try. If as you say it may not be Paraben related what other options can i look at? Do you know of solutions that are kinder to the skin than others regarding alcohol? perfume etc.

Thank u x

No problemo....unfortunately it wouldn't be quiet right for me to make any recommendations as to which solutions you should use.
The best bet is to have a good ring around to the various brands out there tomorrow and ask for info on the contents and for samples to test...maybe some other peeps can offer some advice on solutions best for your particular problem/requirement also.

Just a further tip if you don't mind me mentioning it...if you do change solution you should really think about offering a patch test to all customers...especially the one that you previously posted about....you don't want any unnecessary surprises of adverse reactions to any new solution.

Good luck :hug:

HI Collin,Fake Bake is paraben free. Why not call and request a sample to use on your client? 0870 054 4455 x
Hhhhhh

F

Thank u x
Posted via Mobile Device

hi i use la tanning, which is para free, good luck
ps are you in steeton

hi i use la tanning, which is para free, good luck
ps are you in steeton

La tan is the tan in question!! It does also contain Paraben according to the ingredients!! eek!! Im in Harrogate.knaresborough area x x x

No problemo....unfortunately it wouldn't be quiet right for me to make any recommendations as to which solutions you should use.
The best bet is to have a good ring around to the various brands out there tomorrow and ask for info on the contents and for samples to test...maybe some other peeps can offer some advice on solutions best for your particular problem/requirement also.

Just a further tip if you don't mind me mentioning it...if you do change solution you should really think about offering a patch test to all customers...especially the one that you previously posted about....you don't want any unnecessary surprises of adverse reactions to any new solution.

Thanks again! I have been doing spray tanning for yrs now and alway patch test each new client in addition to patch testing all clients if a new solution is used.
I have already called some suppliers which has been most helpful but posted on here as i am looking for a real life scenario response. If you get my meaning lol! x

Thanks again! I have been doing spray tanning for yrs now and alway patch test each new client in addition to patch testing all clients if a new solution is used.
I have already called some suppliers which has been most helpful but posted on here as i am looking for a real life scenario response. If you get my meaning lol! x

Wow thats great..far to often this is an area that is missed and is so important to keep on top of.

Lets hope some of the peeps can come in and give their views and experiances.

Not to hijack but I very rarely offer a patch test and have never really thought about it before unless the client had sensitive skin :eek: Without sounding mad when and where do you do it? I usually perform mine weeks before the actual tan and do the side of body to mid thigh on one side. This may sound strange but walking around with one arm tanned is madder! If its a patch test do you just spray a small random area? does my lack of patch testing have any insurance issues?

Not to hijack but I very rarely offer a patch test and have never really thought about it before unless the client had sensitive skin :eek: Without sounding mad when and where do you do it? I usually perform mine weeks before the actual tan and do the side of body to mid thigh on one side. This may sound strange but walking around with one arm tanned is madder! If its a patch test do you just spray a small random area? does my lack of patch testing have any insurance issues?

Simply dab a solution impregnated Q tip behind the ear preferably 24hrs before application and job done.
if this is inconvenient..then half an hr before application is better than nothing as adverse reactions do tend to reveal themselves fairly quickly.

it might also be worthwhile referring to your brand supplier for there take on this

Oh and yes ..there are indeed insurance issues on this.

There is one other thing that I find can cause adverse reaction and was discussing it with a friend recently. The bronzing agent can sometimes cause a reaction. I was recommended to tell the client to wash off no later than 6 hours.

Apparently this will help the problem. You could give it a try.:lol:

FWIW I believe Celebrity Secrets Natural (not the React/original) solution is paraben free, as is Beau Bronz.

I personally don't really push the paraben-free thing as I believe it to be a somewhat over-hyped and fashionable gripe and marketing tactic for now. I'm not saying that parabens aren't necessarily that bad.....just that maybe we aren't fully informed at the mo....

Time I believe will give us a much more complete answer on whether/how bad they really are.

hi

Sienna X do a paraben free solution xx

i would just get a small sample ofit if it just for her and give her a patch test and see if it irritates her..

Vani-t is also paraben free. :hug:

hi, ive just looked on la tannings web site and it states in big letters no parabens, then in the ingredients list it looks to be there, im ringing them up tomoz, ps 2 coats of the new disco tan is really dark, my friends teeth have never looked brighter hxx

hi, i rang la tanning, to ask about parabens in there tanning, they asured me its 100% free, hope this helps

Latest posts

Back