Paraffin Wax Mani - Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hello

I have recently started doing mobile calls again and was asked to go and do a Deluxe Mani which involved Paraffin Wax.

I melted the wax at home and then travelled just 10 mins to the appointment. By the time I got there the waz had begun to set with a film over the top. As soon as I arrived I plugged in the heater and everything went well.

Got me thinking though that if I had not been leaving from home or if the appointment had been further away it could have been a different story.

I wondered if any of you have any tips on how you handle this. Does anyone else off paraffin wax mobile and if so any tips?

x

I am REALLY interested in other mobile techs experiences of this as I want to introduce paraffin wax treatments but can't get my head around how it would work practically!?!?

I'm mobile and do quite a few luxury pedicures and manicures with paraffin wax. I used to use the Baylis duo wax pot, with the paraffin wax pellets in one of the pots. It doesn't take long at all to melt, so by the time I've done the steps leading upto it, it's already melted.

With the duo pot, you get a handle type thing that allows you to pick the individual pot of paraffin out of the heater. I then poor this into a large plastic bowl lined with a plastic paraffin wax sheet, and apply to the client. I have a plastic paraffin wax sheet covering the towel Incase of any spillages etc.

Hth's, I'm not the best at explaining things :) xx

I use a normal wax heater and as said above, once you have set up and got to the part of the mani/pedi that requires the paraffin, it has melted and you are ready to go.
x

Wow my heater does not do it that quickly. If I am melting from scratch I am looking at a good hour and then another half to cool down.

My wax bath is quite old and the brand escapes me at the mo... Maybe I should invest in another or use different wax?

Oh i was thinking about this also, so nice to read through and see what other mobile techs do. Paraffin wax is so lovely to do and to have so would be nice to include it in a manicure. :biggrin:

I always melt it at home, unplug it an hour before I leave, plug it in again as soon as I arrive. By the time I've set up and done the rest of the manicure it's ready to go. As soon as I've finished with it I unplug it and if it's a cold dry day I take it outside and leave it to set while I finish off the Mani/pedi and tidy up.

I have a very tiny wax heater that I got from salon serve. It's great for mobile as when I get to clients I pop the pellets in and by the time I need it it's melted and I then paint it on! It's a treatment my clients love!!

Thanks for all your helps geeks. I think I will look into a new heater, think maybe mines had its day xxx

May have dreamt it ( sure I've seen it thou ) a car charger for electrical appliances were it has a normal end to plug the plug into and car charger end to put in cigarette lighter, that maybe an option?

Wow my heater does not do it that quickly. If I am melting from scratch I am looking at a good hour and then another half to cool down.

My wax bath is quite old and the brand escapes me at the mo... Maybe I should invest in another or use different wax?

This is prob because you are using a paraffin wax bath-they do take a while. I use a normal wax heater and put paraffin wax in it and then paint it on, as opposed to getting clients to dip their hands /feet inside.
I wouldn't advise people to melt wax in the car in way to clients homes, as this can be very dangerous (moving car +hot melted /melting wax)!!!
I have done this and when I got to my clients it had moved around within the pot and I couldn't get the lid off. It took me and the client about 20mins to prise the lid off - that didnt look very professional at all.
x

Ladies in the UK,

How do you apply the paraffin wax? Not sure if it's the same as Australia but we are now not allowed to dip the brush in the wax, apply to client and then re-dip the brush for hygiene reasons.

I have to pour some wax into a separate container and then apply to the client that way.

I would be interested to see if anyone has any good tips and tricks. The other alternative over here is some paraffin wax gloves but they are very expensive.

Heavens, what a performance and longwinded way of doing things.
Simple way:-

Buy wax heater about £20.00 which hasa removable metal bowl in it.
Either fill the removable metal bowl with a small amount of wax pellets then plug in at clients house to melt.

Or

Buy special plastic pot of pellets which you can place inside the wax heater to melt. I always keep these pots when they are empty to re use with a small amount of wax to use for mobile.

Paint the wax on with a wax brush, which is more hygenic than a bath anyway.

Latest posts

Back