Parlux Hairdryers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Lee

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new hairdryer and have been looking at the famous Parlux range..

Can anyone explain to me the difference between model numbers 2800, 3000, 3200...?

I have read some info about them already and in regards to the power there seems to be only a small difference.. so I couldnt understand why parlux has brought out a new model to accomodate such a small change in the watt output.. unless there is something very different about these 3 models that i havent spotted...?

Does anyone use these hairdryers...? and advice.. opinions...?

Many thanks..

can't help with the parlux range i'm afraid but i have just invested in t3's evolution hairdryer. it's a bit pricey but wow! it cuts drying time by up to 70% and leaves your hair really smooth. i have bleached hair which i have to straighten. first time i used it i didn't even have to straighten my hair! couldn't believe it! my daughter has naturally curly hair which tends to frizz and when she tried it she said 'oh my god i have to have one!'. i would thoroughly recommend it and will be using them in my salon. you can get them a bit cheaper if you shop about.

Hi I have a parlux and I love it, drys hair super quickly, worth the money in my opinion.

hi
i use a parlux 3200 at the salon and i have brought one for home and college too. they are comfortable, light, 3 speed settings, 3 heat settings and a blast dry button thing at the front, super fast drying and come in a variety of different colours, silver, dinky pink, raunchy red, chocolate, black, (and no, i dont work for aston and finchers lol) i just think they are fab and everything else i've used since just doesnt compare.

in response to your q though, theres not really alot of differnce between the 2800, 3000, and the 3200, i think they have a 3400 out too but not sure. but i'd seriously invest in a Parlux, preferably the 3200 (3400 if im right) as they are fantastically "fast drying", light, comfy and just cool :) i coludnt be without mine.... ever lol

hope this helps xx

oh and theyre about £50 give or take, ask your stockist.

xx

Last edited:
I recommend it! My hairdryer blew up a few months ago so I researched online & bought a Parlux 3500 (Ceramic & Ionic).

It's fantastic - I like the cold setting as much as the warm/hot. My hair dries quickly & usually feels very soft.

Love the colour (glittery blue) and the fact that it's much smaller than my old clunky hair dryer but more powerful.

It was expensive, but should be worth it as it's a quality product & will hopefully last a lot longer than my others have! *touch wood*

hi... couldnt tell u the difference between the models sorry hun but paralux is deff the way forward, they are worth their weight in gold, never had any problems and they just keep going and going and going... deff worth the extra money xxx

I'm looking to get a new hairdryer and have been looking at the famous Parlux range..

Can anyone explain to me the difference between model numbers 2800, 3000, 3200...?

I have read some info about them already and in regards to the power there seems to be only a small difference.. so I couldnt understand why parlux has brought out a new model to accomodate such a small change in the watt output.. unless there is something very different about these 3 models that i havent spotted...?

Does anyone use these hairdryers...? and advice.. opinions...?

Many thanks..
hi
3500 supercompact =2000 watt 922g (in box) in 3 colors blk pink and gold
3200 compact =1900 watt compact 1007g (in box) comes in a few colors
3000 pro = 1580/1810 watt 1042g in box
2800 pro = 1540/1760 watt 1025g (in box)
i can't give you prices but they are a very reliable hairdryer
T3 Evolution = 2000 watt 383g (out of box) ionic ceramic (and superfast) is the best you can buy !!
as i said no prices just facts and a little opinion pm if you need more help
cheers
liz

They are very good hairdryers mine unfortuatly blew up today it nearly gave my client a heartattack!! and made all my nails black!!
You need to look at the label on the handle there is another no, 50hz or 60hz
this is what determines the air flow the higher the no the better the dryer.
The one I have spare is only 50hz but a 3000watt dryer much much slower than the parlux one which was a 70hz and same wattage.
the guy who owns my local wholesalers told me about this.:hug:

I have got the parlux 3200 compact i was going to buy the supercompact...but as i am not yet a dab hand at blowdrying as such i still need the hairdryer to be longer as i still hold the end not the handle mostly....i cant believe how quick it is...compared to the one i was supplied at college.

as far as i am aware you wont get the best use out of a 60 hz in the uk ,:confused: we use 50 hz america and canada use 60 hz
the motor willl run slower and probably blow up
this is what i have been told about all my stuff (as we are moving to canada )
hth dee x

Hi
there is a very comprehensive list of fob's on parlux on our website, cant send a link but if you pm me i will advise further
Jonathan

Hi there

My hair dryer blew up tonight and i need to purchase a new one ASAP!
Im looking for a Parlux 3000-3200-3500 Ionic, any will do. Im struggling to find a stockist in London. Could anyone point me in the right direction, as im new to this big city and the local Boots type stores dont stock decent hairdryers like Parlux. If anyone can help it would be great. Looking to buy it and come home with it tomorrow!

thank you.

can't help with the parlux range i'm afraid but i have just invested in t3's evolution hairdryer. it's a bit pricey but wow! it cuts drying time by up to 70% and leaves your hair really smooth. i have bleached hair which i have to straighten. first time i used it i didn't even have to straighten my hair! couldn't believe it! my daughter has naturally curly hair which tends to frizz and when she tried it she said 'oh my god i have to have one!'. i would thoroughly recommend it and will be using them in my salon. you can get them a bit cheaper if you shop about.

i have one of these to. really god. i have the straighteners too. :D

Last edited:
hi,

If anyone's interested Sally have the Parlux 3200 compact on special offer at £39.99 next week, and it's vat free days monday and tuesday. That's the best price I've seen it :)

Edenic

was at sallys today as its the wholesaers i use and needed a new hairdryer myself.....

the parlux is on offer at 39.99 all week but is exempt from the vat free.

u have to pay the vat on top on any offer they post up on the door now. make sure u check the small print on the flyers and on the emails to make sure what ur after is available vat free on those days

Can they do that? My flyer says "VAT free on flyer offers" and "VAT free on sale items" and "no product exclusions (except matrix range)"!!!
Although I've just noticed on the parlux ad it says "offers cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, including VAT free offers"!!
Hummm...I'll make sure I take my flyers when I go down today!

Edenic
x x
Posted via Mobile Device

ur right it did used to say vat free off all things including flyer deals but they'v changed it now, this is the first time according to my local one, but i suppose as long as its in the small print they can do what they like!

it made me buy a diff hairdryer just out of principle lol and the fact the woman was so patronising to me...made out she knew everything but couldnt answer a single question i had lol, kept telling me the parlux was what all the proffs. use, after the 4th time i told her im a proffessional and i dont use one, she soon shut up lol but im pleased with the one i got, been drying a dream today!

Latest posts

Back