Partner walked out on me and kids - want to develop my career

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Last week my partner of nine years deceided to walk out on me and our two kids (2 and 5 years).:eek: This came out of the blue and I don't think he is coming back and to be honest I don't think I want him back!

At the moment I work about 16 hours as a mobile therapist around the kids, as I have always supported him in his life and his career. I now feel that i need to carve a life for myself and the kids and would love to go to university. I have always wanted to gain a degree and i think now would be a really good time to do this.

I have been looking at jobs and courses on the internet. My local university (northampton) has got a BA Hons course that is either 3 or 4 years long. The course is Health and Beauty Marketing BA (Hons). I love doing treatments, but do not envisage doing treatments forever, I love the business side of my little business and absolutely love the industry as a whole.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this course or could suggest any other courses - perhaps online degrees?

Thanks guys.:)

hi im sorry to hear this, especially since you have two young kids now to look after by yourself but each day will get that bit easier and you will see that you had strength that you never knew you had, definately now keep yourself busy, on deciding what course to do, see what is the real desire of your heart what is it that you have always wanted to do, what stirs your passion what activity could you do all day every day no matter how tired you get. decide what are your natural strenths and talents, what do you have an interest in, what are people telling you that your good at you need to think about all these factors when choosing a course to make sure its the right one for you,

Just want to wish you all the best for you and you kids. Remember.....the best form of revenge is success. :hug:

Thanks guys. My feelings exactly Kim - great minds think alike. I would love to carry on doing treatments forever, but only very part time - I love the time I spend with clients, but something about it just isn't enough for me. I love the dream of working for a multi-national company and travelling for work sometimes and getting involved in lots of different projects - as long as it involves beauty!

I'm so sorry to hear this but you sound like a strong woman and as Kim says you're going to get the best sort of revenge. I wish you success in everything you do.:hug:

I'm sorry for you too, it must've come as a huge shock to you...wishing you all the best :hug:

ps...the kids come good in the end, as long as you both are adult in front of them, it'll be ok XxxX

wow what a strong person you are to pick yourself up like this and look to get out there and move things along for you and your family...definitely deserves a pat on the back...well done and I wish you all the best of luck and success...:hug::hug:

Sounds like this is exactly what you needed to happen in your life! Now that your not being held back any more I hope you go for it and do brilliant in whatever you decide to do... the world is your oyster!!!

Have a look at the Open University too.

Good luck!!

Mat xx

His lose hun:hug:
When I worked at PULSE we had a mature student who was doing a beauty degree with Bedford uni, I have no idea which degree she was following and I'm not sure which uni it was either:confused: but when I was being nosy, I do that a lot :green: I found that Bedford uni seemed to be running a lot more beauty courses then Northampton, but that was a couple of years ago.
Oh! I was looking on line for the info, I just googled Bedford uni and then beauty courses.
Good luck hun:hug:

i'm new here so i hope that you don't mind me jumping in and replying.

i just want to tell you that i admire your way of thinking considering he has only just walked out on you and your children, and well done for keeping your head and thinking about your future.

being independent will be the making of you, and when your children are older and look back, they will remember a mum who went for her goals and achieved them...as i'm sure that whatever path you decide to take will be successful.

all the best.

julie xx

Thank you for everyones messages of support. Am starting my personal statement for university tonight after kids have gone bed. I'm so excited and all my friends and family that I have told about this course think it is the ideal option for me.

Ex-partner is trying to take himself on holiday abroad at the weekend with his friend cos he is having such a tough time:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!! I am LOVING the fact that he is digging himself in deeper by the day and performing like a complete plonker in front of everyone. He is making me look the most amazing patient mother in the world - Ha Ha!

MEN!!! They find life so tough dont they! After all they have to shave every day! Now if thats all we had to do wouldnt it be so easy!

MEN!!! They find life so tough dont they! After all they have to shave every day!

Thats not strictly fair....we also have to breath in and out :lol::lol:

Sorry Collin almost forgot that one! :green:

Pity some men wouldnt forget too!:lol:

and also there are many other trials....we have to leave the seat up, fart in bed, watch our team lose home and away, swear undying love to strangers at 2am on a Sunday morning, do a weird sort of mixture of vomiting whilst eating kebabs and sweat

. . .we are a real catch aren't we? :eek:

Good luck to you though - I really mean that, Kim nailed it - go and make your dreams a reality

Best wishes Curly. I have been closely involved with a friend who is going through a very similar difficulty. It is a really tough time all around. Good on you. And I definitely agree with Kimmi about the success thing. It is sooo true :hug:. You go girl!

Latest posts

Back