Pedicure....query!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinkydot

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just wondering out of the nail geeks who offer pedicure's if
you use a proper pedicure stool..???

If not could you please tell what you use, or how you perform your
pedicure's!!

The last pedicure I did I had to sit on the floor in-front of my client (a friend) which didn't look very professional and I ended up with a bad back!!

Thank you in advance!!

xx

Hello,

I get my client to sit on the couch, that splits into 3 parts (Head, then seating part, then leg part), so I put the head part up and leg part, so they are sitting with their legs out (Hope this makes sense so far)!!

Then I put the pedicure bowl at the end of the coach, so they can sit back with their knees bent and soak the feet.

I then take the bowl away and sit at the end of the coach and carry on with the work.

I hope that made sense, ahrd trying to get a visual picture.

Carly x

Hello Angie,
As I work from home I have my clients sit on my sofa with their feet in soak, then when I need to work on them I sit opposite them with their foot resting in my lap.
Its not uncomfortable for the client and it makes it easier for me to be able to work on them. When I do the polish, they just rest the arch of their foot on my knee. hth...xx

I used to have the pedi stool with the foot rest but still found it clumsy!

I now use my couch and do the pedi on there with them sitting up.

Kate

years ago in the tanning shop they sat on the couch with feet up on a leather poof/foot stooly thing me on floor - I didnt do many and yes it was unprofessional with clients not relaxing as they kept asking about my well being! another place I worked we had a foot stool which was a strange thing but you had enough space to put your bowl/lamp on floor and the other foot was always supported, found I had to bend too much which was not good for the belly :lol:
In the spa we had a beautiful leather chair with foot stool and this was fab, CrazySas has something similar in her salon and I think she got it in Ikea hers is a wooden chair with matching footrest and its very comfy.
I now have a massaging pedicure chair and nothing beats it - just reminds you of America and is affordable luxury!

I have a pedicure stool i no longer use if anyone wants one:green:

i would love a pedi stool ! can you give me an idea of £££ ? my knees kill me when i have finished ( i recon i mustnt be 21 anymore :rolleyes:??? ) are you around the herts area ?

Hello,

I get my client to sit on the couch, that splits into 3 parts (Head, then seating part, then leg part), so I put the head part up and leg part, so they are sitting with their legs out (Hope this makes sense so far)!!

Then I put the pedicure bowl at the end of the coach, so they can sit back with their knees bent and soak the feet.

I then take the bowl away and sit at the end of the coach and carry on with the work.

I hope that made sense, ahrd trying to get a visual picture.

Carly x
Made perfect sense to me babe thats exactly how I do it too for client comfort.

That means, no one here uses the pedi whirpool?:rolleyes:
and why?

Hiya, I use a couch with front section up and pillows for support, it's not ideal for all clients but I can't justify buying a proper chair for the amount of pedi's I do.

That means, no one here uses the pedi whirpool?:rolleyes:
and why?

I am not with you here? I use a pedi stool and a pedicure foot spa if that is what you mean.

Hi Angie:hug:

I have my clients sat up in a chair, with a large towel under their chair and out in front of the chair, the whirlpool pedi spa sits infront of the chair on the towel & I sit on the floor infront of the spa & have all my things laid out alongside me, being sure to include everything, as there's nothing worse than having to get up & walk across the salon for my scrubfresh or more cotton pads etc.
My spa has a semi cover on it, which I lay a towel over and the client rests her feet on that whilst I work. It's easy for me as I do suffer with back problems, and I manage ok this way.
It's exactly the same as we did on my CND Spa pedi course.

I use one of those small folding stools my client can them sit on a chair or sofa and when its time for me i just pop out my stool its much better for my back this way xx

years ago in the tanning shop they sat on the couch with feet up on a leather poof/foot stooly thing me on floor - I didnt do many and yes it was unprofessional with clients not relaxing as they kept asking about my well being! another place I worked we had a foot stool which was a strange thing but you had enough space to put your bowl/lamp on floor and the other foot was always supported, found I had to bend too much which was not good for the belly :lol:
In the spa we had a beautiful leather chair with foot stool and this was fab, CrazySas has something similar in her salon and I think she got it in Ikea hers is a wooden chair with matching footrest and its very comfy.
I now have a massaging pedicure chair and nothing beats it - just reminds you of America and is affordable luxury!

I have just bought something like this from ikea, will be trying it out on a client next tuesday so hope it's ok! the chair is soooo comfy & has a head support cushion so the client can really sit back & relax (in theory!).

I've put a pic in my album to show you.

x

HelloKitty I have the same Ikea chair and stool in my salon too, its brill for pedicure's!!

xxx

HelloKitty I have the same Ikea chair and stool in my salon too, its brill for pedicure's!!

xxx

:hug:Great, I'm glad I bought it, was struggling to find something suitable.

x

Hi girls, what is the name of this chair? Id like to have a wee look x

I've heard of the put the bowl on the end of the couch method being taught in colleges in the last few years, but does it not become a bit of a pain lifting the bowl on & off the end of the couch? Not to mention the risk of the bowl of water falling or being kicked/knocked off the end of it?! I would also presume the risk is increased dramatically when using electrical footbowls, although I personally use a large wooden bowl with hot stones in the bottom.

I sit on a hard backed chair with the client in an Ikea boang chair, with the foot bowl between us. I have a large cushion & towel on my lap, which the client puts their foot on.

For those who use the Ikea chair and stool, do you sit on the stool? I'm looking at buying a new pedi chair and Ikea is a great affordable option!

Thanks!
Carmen

Latest posts

Back