Pedicures...to soak or not to soak?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicifer_noonoo

Reaction score
Right, I'll try to explain as best as I can :)

In the beauty room at our centre, there's a lovely bed that converts into a chair, the head and feet goes up and down...if you know what I mean, lol.
We have a pedicure station that holds a foot spa and with a foot rest attached, but we are struggling for space with the current set up. Now, if we do the pedicure with the client on the comfy chair, we wouldn't be able to do the foot soak. Would hot towels be sufficient? It would feel nice enough to the client, just not sure if it would soften the cuticles sufficiently.

Anyone do this? Anyone have any other ideas?

You could solve that problem by using a cuticle remover, Creatives cuticle remover is a miracle worker hth

Personally I would not feel like I had received a proper pedicure without having my feet soaked.

Obviously it depends how you do them at the moment but when im working on one foot (say cuticle work) the other one is soaking and I feel this is an important part of the pedicure.

Could you not just buy a normal comfy chair for the client and have the footspa on the floor ?

You could always do a foot scrub and remove the scrub with warm towels instead of soaking. :)

i have acually been looking into doing no water pedis for when i go mobile. There is a line called prolink that has callus eliminator and you do not soak this product but instead wrap it up with cling wrap and the results are amazing. Get a good cuticle remover and some hot steam towels and I think you might be ok.

I had a pedicure in a beautiful salon in Tenerife and I had to lie flat on a plinth. The therapist put a bowl of water at my feet and lifted them into it - my knees were bent. She left me there for 5 mins or so, however it started to get a bit uncomfortable for my back. I suppose, with a small cushion or rolled towel in the small of my back, it would have made the treatment more enjoyable. It was OK, but I felt that my knees were bent for most of it - not ideal, but the best of a tricky situation.

I had a pedicure in a beautiful salon in Tenerife and I had to lie flat on a plinth. The therapist put a bowl of water at my feet and lifted them into it - my knees were bent. She left me there for 5 mins or so, however it started to get a bit uncomfortable for my back. I suppose, with a small cushion or rolled towel in the small of my back, it would have made the treatment more enjoyable. It was OK, but I felt that my knees were bent for most of it - not ideal, but the best of a tricky situation.
a few years ago i went for an interview in italy 'as a beauty therapist of course' and they asked me to perform a pedicure on a client, and she had to lie flat, i couldn't get the hang of it 'their way of doing treatments' i thought to my self when i was doing the pedicure "god she must be in pain", lol. Anyway never took the job as i couldn't get used to their ways of doing treatments. They used metal files on the nails and at college i was tought not to do that, and when i asked her for a proper file she looked at me gone off, So i think ill stick to england. :green:

Personally I would not feel like I had received a proper pedicure without having my feet soaked.

Obviously it depends how you do them at the moment but when im working on one foot (say cuticle work) the other one is soaking and I feel this is an important part of the pedicure.

Could you not just buy a normal comfy chair for the client and have the footspa on the floor ?
that is what we used to do at my old job...we had a comfy chair and soaked there with the foot spa on the floor then had the client move to the other bed/chair...it worked fine

HI, I have one of those couches, and the Pedicure foot rest with seat and my room is only small, you propably will have done this. But put your couch up into the seat position, so it takes less room up, and then you just need a chair for your client. Like I said you have probably done this already though.

Hi all.
I rent a beauty room in a tanning salon.
I have an electric bed, and whilst doing pedicures, i put the pedi bath at the end of the bed and the client lays down, knees bent, in the water, head rest slightly up, head supported with special head rest, and they all love it and find it very comfy.
For a few eldery clients/ bad hips, i lower the couch to the floor and they sit on the bed while their feet are soaking, then the turn round and lay back for the rest of the pedicue.

Emma x

Right, I'll try to explain as best as I can :)

In the beauty room at our centre, there's a lovely bed that converts into a chair, the head and feet goes up and down...if you know what I mean, lol.
We have a pedicure station that holds a foot spa and with a foot rest attached, but we are struggling for space with the current set up. Now, if we do the pedicure with the client on the comfy chair, we wouldn't be able to do the foot soak. Would hot towels be sufficient? It would feel nice enough to the client, just not sure if it would soften the cuticles sufficiently.

Anyone do this? Anyone have any other ideas?

Hello,

I know what you mean. I have a couch, it tuens into a chair for make up I supose is the best way of explaining it.... I put the back up into a seating position, then put the foot rest up so the client can sit back and relax with the foot spa in front of her.

I hope that makes sense

Carly

Latest posts

Back