Pedicuring Predicament

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailman

Reaction score
Ok ,

The U.K must be alittle like Wisconsin. Cold rainy, windy. Your pedicure client comes in with shoes and socks on. After you finish you perfect polish job, this crazy person wants to kick off the flip-flops and put back on the smelly socks and shoes.

You know this person will complain if the get sock marks on the polish, but no matter your insistence, they MUST PUT THEM ON(SEE SMELLY SOCKS).

HERES MY TRICK

polish them put on a fast dry topcoat and use a blowdryer on it for about five minutes. Solaroil the heck out of the nails and then......... Get out two baggies(plastic bags that will cover the feet) place them over the feet, replace the smelly socks and shoes and send em home.

Your polish will be as beautiful as when you oiled em.

It really works great. Just thought I would share.

Nailman

Yes I had this problem on Saturday...My client had full nail art on all fingers and toes and had come to the salon in great big clod-hopping boots.

After finishing, the salon was closing and we did not have time to sit and wait for her toes to dry so she was going to walk home barefoot!!!

Never fear...I keep a stock of nice flip flops which I sell to my clients when this very situation arises!!!!! Always thinking see!!!!

Thanks for the tip Nailman!

Good tip, I get people turning up with boots on all the time even though I forewarn them to bring flip flops!

Just like Idaho in the winter, spring and fall, you'd be nuts to wear sandals this time of year, but it is pedicure season, so thanks for the tip!!!

Great idea Marvin!! I will pass it on.

Hi Everyone,

To cut the cost I have always have a roll of cling film standing by. It works a treat!

Lynda

Great Minds Marvin... we do this during Sap Sanctuary because all the editors where smelly socks and trainers!! Baby Nappy Sacks are brilliant to use as the baggies AND they smell nice!! ;)

I suppose that's where I'm lucky, being a mobile tech, my clients don't need to leave after it, lol. But I'll certainly keep it in mind for future reference.

Latest posts

Back