Perron Rigot Jasmine Oil on pregnant women - URGENT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
Is it okay to use the oil on ladies when pregnant, have spoken to a Thalgo rep and she says she is 99.99% sure it is okay, I have looked at ingredient listing and I think it is just Jasmine scented and does not contain jasmine essential oil.

Thanks.

p.s. got client booked in tonight who is preg so v.urgent, second opinion needed.

Hi

Do you have to use it? If you are in any doubt i wouldn't (as I'm sure you wouldn't) just in case. If the thalgo rep is only 99.99% sure, what about that 0.01%? Sorry, pretty pointless reply really! Lol :hug: Lx

Looking at the ingredients it is not jasmine essential oil but parfum so it will be fine.Its very nice but at the end of the day its just mineral oil just like baby oil which you could use also.

Looking at the ingredients it is not jasmine essential oil but parfum so it will be fine.Its very nice but at the end of the day its just mineral oil just like baby oil which you could use also.

oh, whats wrong with jasmine essential oil and pregnant women?iv been pregnant twice and never heard of this?thanx

I checked to make sure it was ok to use on pregnant woman and it is. Thanks Gillian for checking too. xxx

oh, whats wrong with jasmine essential oil and pregnant women?iv been pregnant twice and never heard of this?thanx

Due to its emmenagogue properties Jasmine Essential Oil should not be used in pregnancy.

But this PR Jasmine oil will be fine as already said. :hug:

Due to its emmenagogue properties Jasmine Essential Oil should not be used in pregnancy.

But this PR Jasmine oil will be fine as already said. :hug:

I've never heard of that word before - what does it mean?

I've never heard of that word before - what does it mean?

Emmenagogue: Promotes or increases the menstrual flow... oils that have emmenagogue properties can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy.

Emmenagogue: Promotes or increases the menstrual flow... oils that have emmenagogue properties can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy.

Gosh - I never knew that! Thanks.

Gosh - I never knew that! Thanks.

I have just completed my Dipolma in Aromatherapy so I have a head full of infomation like this at the moment lol!!!!

:hug:

I have just completed my Dipolma in Aromatherapy so I have a head full of infomation like this at the moment lol!!!!

:hug:

Ah, well done you!:hug:

WOW! everyday is a school day!! thank you xxx

Thank you for all the advice. I decided to use baby oil when I went to the client - no one had responded on here when I went! I decided to eer on the side of caution and used the baby oil - it worked brilliantly and the client said she had never had such a comfortable waxing - she has rebooked for four weeks and was really pleased with all her other treatments. I am definately a oil under wax girl from now on!!!

Latest posts

Back