Pet hate, biggest fear, worst habit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be a bit of arguing going on on this thread! But totally agree with the above, my mum suffers with fibromyalgia and so has a disabled badge for parking. She only uses it when she's having a bad day with it but my god the looks she gets from people and the amount of tutting noises when she's pulled up in a Subaru impreza! Even when you can clearly see she's in alot of pain walking, she still gets critised for parking there, and probably just because of the kind of car she is in. Do all disabled badge holders have to drive around in certain cars to carry a certain image? I think not!

Cant honestly see why the car you drive should get critism at the end of the day you drive what you want to drive and disability shouldnt affect this. Some people are just narrow minded xx :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

:lol:Well that's me told then !!!!

Clearly we all have very strong opinions on these matters and we are all entitled to our own, but I do find it condescending when a remark such as " you clearly have no experience with.... " is thrown out there. I probably have a lot more experience in this and many other areas but am choosing to no longer carry on with what seems to be becoming bickering match.

I respect everyones opinions and only ask for that same respect to be returned.

My mind is not going to be changed by arguing or trying to belittle my opinions. I am glad you are a strong person not afraid of sticking up for yourself, but then again so am I so lets agree to disagree and free the thread up to what it was originally posted for. An interesting, though provoking and above all a tongue in cheek look at the world around us.

:hug: and a cheeky little :smack:

It wasn't meant to be condescending it was a pretty obvious observation actually

If you don't have a deaf daughter then I cannot see how you would have more experience in paediatric audiology and the effects it has on the child and the parents.

I was not sticking up for myself. I was voicing an opinion for which I am entitled.

I did not disrespect you, nor is that my intention.

I'm not asking for your respect not do i feel the need to change your mind. I think a little more respect to people with disabilities that aren't obvious wouldn't go a miss. Just because you can't see a disability does not mean it isn't there.

:)

It wasn't meant to be condescending it was a pretty obvious observation actually

If you don't have a deaf daughter then I cannot see how you would have more experience in paediatric audiology and the effects it has on the child and the parents.

I was not sticking up for myself. I was voicing an opinion for which I am entitled.

I did not disrespect you, nor is that my intention.

I'm not asking for your respect not do i feel the need to change your mind. I think a little more respect to people with disabilities that aren't obvious wouldn't go a miss. Just because you can't see a disability does not mean it isn't there.

:)

I am so sorry you were not able to accept the Olive branch in the way it was meant. Will know better next time.

Sorry you are not able to accept the Olive branch in the way it was meant. Will know better next time.

I didn't see one. My apologies. You have no idea what I go through on a daily basis and if you did I think perhaps you would understand why I do feel the need to defend all types of disabilities.

Wow. I am absolutely astounded at some of the comments on here. How very, very sad and narrow-minded.

I didn't see one. My apologies. You have no idea what I go through on a daily basis and if you did I think perhaps you would understand why I do feel the need to defend all types of disabilities.
Thank you, no harm meant at all,

Enough said and here is another hug since you missed the last one:wink2:

:hug:

Thank you, no harm meant at all,

Enough said and here is another hug since you missed the last one:wink2:

:hug:

Thank u... Have one back.. Except I don't know how to do them but the thought is there x

Great to see Geeks disagree, hug and move on.
I love the strength and depth of the points of view on SG.

Btw, when I did my disability audit training years ago the first question we were asked was "What is the most common disability?".
Don't want to hi-jack, so I 'll tell you. Incontinence. The point was that users of disabled toilets may appear to have no disability whatsoever, but may be in real need. It made me think. I don't know whether a different symbol should be used for disability; the wheelchair one is not a particularly good one.

I don't think many Geeks know this about me but I was disabled due to Decompression Illness ( about 15 years ago) for about 6 months, then years later once again due to a severe head injury and since then 7 years ago was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/CFE/ME so I have been through the wars and have seen things from both perspectives. I was unable to walk after the bends, then the head injury gave me such severe vertigo that I was unable to work or drive for months after all thefractures and breaks healed up. The fibro is finally maneagable hence me starting to concentrate on my business again but even with this when I went for a panel interview for disability or incapacity benefits a few years ago all they wanted to do was force me to contact the DVLA to have my licence taken away. I got no support due to the fact that my husband was in full time employment. Our choices were... either he stops work to look after me and we both go on benefits or... I try to muddle along on my own and call him if I am really in a pickle, so he can keep working and trying to build a better future for both of us.

Being thousands of miles from my family and hundreds of miles from his it was very difficult but we got through it. Even when I was chairbound and then on a walking stick I never parked in a disabled space because I was still able enough to get about after a fashion and I think my pride also had a big hand in this.
So when I get upset seeing people take unfair advantage of these greatly needed benefits in parking areas I do get cross. The ones that nedd the help should be the only ones allowed to take the help.

I don't wish something like this that changes your whole world in an instant on anyone, all your independence gone in a flash. It was torture for me, but here I am good as new, twice brain damaged mind, LOL, and still able to get by and have a go at life every day

PS
DPoppy, I think at my age the incontinence thing could be a blessing in disguise, I have sometimes been a bit frantic to park up and leg it to the nearest WC. LOL

You've done so well, tanfastic. Wishing you good health.

just one more comment, i dont think its fair for anyone to say on here that anyone is "sad" or "narrow minded" just because they have an opinion, i think everyone's opinion on this thread is interesting and like the fact that everyone doesnt agree with everything - shows individuality! the only "sad" and "narrow minded" people on here are the ones who have posted such comments as they cannot take on board anyone else's views or opinions...nuff said!

1/ Scroungers
2/ Getting depressed again :|
3/ Eating to much :(

WOW! what a thread, nice to see you've all hugged and made up.

anyway, my pet hate....... people who try to finish your sentence for you.

my biggest fear...............dying, although I realise it's inevitable.

my worst habit........not putting tops back on things properly or leaving them off all together.

WOW! what a thread, nice to see you've all hugged and made up.

anyway, my pet hate....... people who try to finish your sentence for you.

my biggest fear...............dying, although I realise it's inevitable.

my worst habit........not putting tops back on things properly or leaving them off all together.

I hate that, but have actually realised that I DO it too!! Hate myself for it!!

1 people who drive with their arm hanging down the side of the car- have you seen what damage a passing car can do to a wing mirror?!!

2 like most others- bad things happening to my kids, or me.

3 picking spots and ingrown hairs!!

Pet hate...ooo I have loads! Lol people chewing their food and smacking their lips, middle-lane-motorway hoggers, people hinting (just ask if you want something!) clients cancelling at the last minute (especially the ones whose excuse is they have no money, I don't either! Surely they would know at least a few days in advance about their money situation, if not, try budgeting!)

Fear...losing people I care about, and spiders!

Worst habit...smoking, picking at my nails :(

Oh and another pet hate...my fella squeezing the toothpaste tube in his whole hand, lost count of how many times I've told him to squeeze from the bottom upwards. It looks tidier and makes it so much easier to get out!

pet hate - women bitching!cant be doing with it
worst fear - not being happy
worst habit - talking too much lol

Latest posts

Back