Pet hate, biggest fear, worst habit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like it says geeks, whats your 3? Mine:-
1/ using parent & child parking with no kids?!?!
2/ growing old alone
3/ fidgeting
Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sorry to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but since when does having children give people "special rights" ? This is by no means a personal attack or even meant in a vicious manner but:
My pet hate is the fact that there are parent and child parking spaces, my goodness they are not an impairment and why should you get sometimes even better parking spaces than Disabled people?

If you want kids, live with it in the real world, not wrapped up in little fluffy puffs of cotton wool, lamenting the fact that childless people are so heartless as to park in your designated areas.

I love kids as much as the next, but if they are a pain at the shops, don't bring them!

Ooops... running to hide behind the sofa now

I havent read all this post, but for
Me having a child space is a godsend! Not cos im lazy & cant be bothered to walk.. Its to get 3 kids out the car with extra space. In our carpark in town you can barely get one buckled in let alone 3 needing access to both sides of the car.
I cant believe that anyone would question why you need child spaces.
For safety reasons too I can set the buggy up at the side rather than the back & possibly have to leave a child unattended whilst i get others out.
I dont want to wrap my children up in fluff but certainly want them to be safe :)

Sorry to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but since when does having children give people "special rights" ? This is by no means a personal attack or even meant in a vicious manner but:
My pet hate is the fact that there are parent and child parking spaces, my goodness they are not an impairment and why should you get sometimes even better parking spaces than Disabled people?

If you want kids, live with it in the real world, not wrapped up in little fluffy puffs of cotton wool, lamenting the fact that childless people are so heartless as to park in your designated areas.

I love kids as much as the next, but if they are a pain at the shops, don't bring them!

Having parent and child parking spaces are not for the convenience of being closer to the store (like disabled) they are to enable a pushchair at the side of the car to make it easier to get small children in an out, I'm sure if there were no spaces like this an I accidentally scratched your car trying to get my daughter out an into a pram you would have something to say about it. No offence just saying :) oh an living in the real world as I do, my child has to come with me as I have no one else to have her.

My pet hate is people who write cryptic Facebook status's, why don't you just say what it is your trying to say, better still send the person you are writing it about a PM instead of letting everyone in on your nonsense!!
My worst fear is something happening to my daughter, very protective mum lol
My worst habit is smoking, but could also be slight OCD with organising/cleaning :)

I have 3 pet hates
1.people talking to you and there breath smells of dog poo go see a dentist lol
2.screaming kids.I have a child lol but it drives me insane when your shopping and it's all you can here.lol
3.people eating like a pig.
Moat scared of
Something happening to my family or dog.
2.treading in dog plop.
Worst habit
Biting my toe nails lol done it since I was 3 lol.

You are very lucky in this country to have all the support you do as parents to young children. In many other countries parents dont have this luxury. In fact, children are seldom seen and certainly not heard, else they get a good smack for being disrespectful. Just because individuals choose to have more children than they can comfortably handle should not force more responsible parents and individuals to suffer due to their lack of restraint.

We are descended from the cave man and have not really evolved much yet. Would you see a hunter /gatherer dragging 3 or 4 kids along? No, the strongest would survive and the aparents would be able to cope with the surviving offspring.

So when families are large enough to become a problem, what do we as a society do? We throw money at it, try to pretty it up and rob the tax payer to help the struggling families. We have millions of children starving across the world, why keep overpopulating it?

Don't get me started on screaming br*ts in the shops, did no-one ever teach them the meaning of no!!!!

You might think I hate children from this post but I don't, I HATE the irresponsible parents who dont care enough to help their children learn to be independent and respectful,

back to the spot behind the sofa now, please someone tell me when it is safe to come back out

Pacifically drives me mad! Where do people get that from?!

This definately tops my list I always say " as in the ocean?!!" that throws em off guard!!

1/ People thinking that gypsies are dirty. I have never met a dirty one in my life. We clean the highest of standards and still called dirty.

2/ Loosing my husband and my children an my mummy and daddy.

3/ Smoking and swearing, both disgusting.

Pet hate: I hate when people flick through tv channels!! There's a tv guide for a reason! And I hate when they go through the tv guide one by one, theres also a page down/up for a reason lol

Biggest fear: spiders without a doubt or daddy long legs! Because they're just damn flying spiders!

Worst habit: Popping spots, I just can't resist even though I know I'm Making it worse bla bla.. I still can't help myself

x

Pet hate: I hate when people flick through tv channels!! There's a tv guide for a reason! And I hate when they go through the tv guide one by one, theres also a page down/up for a reason lol

Biggest fear: spiders without a doubt or daddy long legs! Because they're just damn flying spiders!

Worst habit: Popping spots, I just can't resist even though I know I'm Making it worse bla bla.. I still can't help myself

x

Omg I'm with you on the spots! I should no better but can't help myself 😱x

You are very lucky in this country to have all the support you do as parents to young children. In many other countries parents dont have this luxury. In fact, children are seldom seen and certainly not heard, else they get a good smack for being disrespectful. Just because individuals choose to have more children than they can comfortably handle should not force more responsible parents and individuals to suffer due to their lack of restraint.

We are descended from the cave man and have not really evolved much yet. Would you see a hunter /gatherer dragging 3 or 4 kids along? No, the strongest would survive and the aparents would be able to cope with the surviving offspring.

So when families are large enough to become a problem, what do we as a society do? We throw money at it, try to pretty it up and rob the tax payer to help the struggling families. We have millions of children starving across the world, why keep overpopulating it?

Don't get me started on screaming br*ts in the shops, did no-one ever teach them the meaning of no!!!!

You might think I hate children from this post but I don't, I HATE the irresponsible parents who dont care enough to help their children learn to be independent and respectful,

back to the spot behind the sofa now, please someone tell me when it is safe to come back out
Come on out from behind the couch. I for one having three kids under five years old at the same time, agree with you I had them and it was my job to handle them and I did a damn good job too :). There all over 19 now. C'mon out :)

Oooh love this thread.

Pet hate: people who pacifically instead of specifically

Biggest fear: crikey i have loads but the main thing is not being around for my son.(irrational mum fear lol)

Worst habit: hah like i can tell you that on here!!

Ha ha brilliant!

That's mine!

Pet hate.... Pacifically instead of specifically! I have to correct it every time

Biggest fear... Rodents, it's irrational as I can't watch them on tv or look at pictures

Worst habit... Looking at my nails when changing gear... One day I'll crash I'm sure!

I am a mum of 4 (11,9,7 and 15 months) my children are not angels but know how to behave.
Parent and child spaces are to make it easier for parents to get children in and out of cars and they are nearer to the shop entrances as it is a safety issue!!
No child is perfect and if a child has to be walked across a busy carpark where idiots are driving stupidly as people often do it is more.likely to cause an accident and let's face it in an argument between a car and child a child will ALWAYS come off worse.
If you have ever tried to get a baby seat out of a car while parked in a normal space you would also understand that this is a nightmare and often impossible. In which case what do you do? Scratch someone elses car? Take the baby out, leave it near the entrance and park.the car and hope for the best? or just wait for a parent and child space which is what I do!
Children don't give the parents special rights but children themselves have special rights to be protected!
Sorry if you do not agree.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Pet hate: People with no children who make condescending comments or unfair judgements to people with children

Worst fear: Getting ill and having to leave my children ( as Happyfeet said, irrational mother fear lol)

Worst habit: Picking at little lumps on my arms :/

I have a moan about disabled spaces, I agree they need to be closer and wider, but why free?!? Everyone goes on about equality as that disables people should be treated the same as anyone else, which is what I do, and as that goes I don't see why able bodied people should pay and someone with a dissability park free, it's the same with bus pass's, if a person can't work due to a disability they get dissability living allowance which try can pay for parking on. Xoxo

I have a moan about disabled spaces, I agree they need to be closer and wider, but why free?!? Everyone goes on about equality as that disables people should be treated the same as anyone else, which is what I do, and as that goes I don't see why able bodied people should pay and someone with a dissability park free, it's the same with bus pass's, if a person can't work due to a disability they get dissability living allowance which try can pay for parking on. Xoxo

This really gets my back up. Fine for the people that NEED it all but WHY are disabled people who work FULL TIME in very well paid jobs entitled to loads of things for free and I sit there like a mug paying my way on the tiny bit of money I'm making at the moment. I can't afford 99% of the things I want but they can because they work 40+ hours a week an get loads of free stuff?

I've got nothing against the people that need all that or different things such as ramps installed for free in their houses etc. I just can't understand why some people take so much advantage and get a free pass at life? :/ x

The spaces could be miles away from the entrance for all I care, it's having the extra space to get your child in & buckled up or trying to get a carseat in & out!! It's a pet hate if mine especially when you see a parent struggling & you know half the spaces have been taken by someone who is just too lazy to park elsewhere!! .
Biggest fear, letting my children down
Worse habit, being stubborn!!

To me itsthe fact that i have a 1 year old who i have to carry and a 2 (almost 3).year old who has to walk holding mt hand now hes a well behaved child, however its been known that a child of his age may see something that catches their eye and make a dash for it! Ita a safety thing and as already mentioned it can be difficult to get a child into car seat and strapped in when you can only open your door a couple of inches. I actually changed where i do my food shopping when i had my youngest as my local tesco you can guarantee a parent and child and its under the store so dont have to dash in the rain! Oh and at busy periods there is a car park attendant making sure you have a child if your using the spaces. And finally i bet you moan.at all those people who cant be bothered to put their trolley back, now im not being funny but i am not going to leave my kids alone in the car then go wondering ths other side of the car park to put it back parent and child spaces are usually right by trolley bays so i dont need to go more than a couple of feet from car!
I have my kids because i love them to bits and can afford to have them, i havent had them to be overpopulating the world as has been mentioned. Me and my husband are in a happy relationship with our own house etc and ive had my kids at an age where i can enjoy them and do things with them. My children know right from wrong and usually my only problem when.shopping is being stopped to say how cute they are and that they look so alike. I dont believe anyone owes me anything just because i have kids but a.few.bigger parking spaces make the difference imho and if its safer for my kids then im damn well going to use it!!!

To me itsthe fact that i have a 1 year old who i have to carry and a 2 (almost 3).year old who has to walk holding mt hand now hes a well behaved child, however its been known that a child of his age may see something that catches their eye and make a dash for it! Ita a safety thing and as already mentioned it can be difficult to get a child into car seat and strapped in when you can only open your door a couple of inches. I actually changed where i do my food shopping when i had my youngest as my local tesco you can guarantee a parent and child and its under the store so dont have to dash in the rain! Oh and at busy periods there is a car park attendant making sure you have a child if your using the spaces. And finally i bet you moan.at all those people who cant be bothered to put their trolley back, now im not being funny but i am not going to leave my kids alone in the car then go wondering ths other side of the car park to put it back parent and child spaces are usually right by trolley bays so i dont need to go more than a couple of feet from car!
I have my kids because i love them to bits and can afford to have them, i havent had them to be overpopulating the world as has been mentioned. Me and my husband are in a happy relationship with our own house etc and ive had my kids at an age where i can enjoy them and do things with them. My children know right from wrong and usually my only problem when.shopping is being stopped to say how cute they are and that they look so alike. I dont believe anyone owes me anything just because i have kids but a.few.bigger parking spaces make the difference imho and if its safer for my kids then im damn well going to use it!!!

Once again just to clarify, I am certainly not judging or trying to be condescending as has been hinted at on here. Everyone is entitled to do as they please, BUT just because you have children, or just because you have a blue badge, or just because you are lazy, or just because you are stubborn ( not any one person in particular, just as a whole) it doesn't give any one of those the God Given right to have a monopoly on special treatment sometimes unfairly sometimes not. We are all human beings, all of us trying to build a life, raise a family or get to and from where we want to be the quickest and safest way.

So just as everyone else has their opinions, likes, dislikes and pet hates,all of which I respect and yes I sometimes agree to disagree, I have mine too and that is one of mine

As Tammie would say,
Just sayin....

Pet hate - When blokes deliberately leave a set amount of time before texting you back!!! I AM NOT 15 ANYMORE, it's an annoyance! haha!

Biggest fear - my parents not being around forever

Worst habit - socially smoking

I am a mum of 4 (11,9,7 and 15 months) my children are not angels but know how to behave.
Parent and child spaces are to make it easier for parents to get children in and out of cars and they are nearer to the shop entrances as it is a safety issue!!
No child is perfect and if a child has to be walked across a busy carpark where idiots are driving stupidly as people often do it is more.likely to cause an accident and let's face it in an argument between a car and child a child will ALWAYS come off worse.
If you have ever tried to get a baby seat out of a car while parked in a normal space you would also understand that this is a nightmare and often impossible. In which case what do you do? Scratch someone elses car? Take the baby out, leave it near the entrance and park.the car and hope for the best? or just wait for a parent and child space which is what I do!
Children don't give the parents special rights but children themselves have special rights to be protected!
Sorry if you do not agree.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I agree that children have a right to be protected and that is law...but at the same time shouldn't you, as parents, protect them? Do you get the lift instead of walking the stairs sometimes? of course you do or have done...it's easier, saves your energy etc! lifts are generally put in place for those who are unable to walk stairs but that doesn't stop you using them...you don't have ppl telling you just because you have legs and are able to walk, to take the stairs! Same as me, I see a parking space that's 100ft away from where I want to go and there's a mother and child parking space that's 2ft from where I want to go, it offers extra space so I can open my doors to fit my shopping in and not scratch the car next to me or my car so of course I am going to use it, it's convenient! It's not illegal, who wouldn't want to make a simple task even simpler for themselves! especially when it's pouring with rain. Im sure all those that moan that this is their pet hate would use these spaces if they didnt have children. Anyway that's just my opinion, not directly aimed at the poster who I have quoted gemmalou1981, but seems to be a popular pet hate! Sorry if I offend anyone but totally not my intention :) x

Latest posts

Back