Petition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisitebeauty

Reaction score
please if you are not happy with the price increases or the fact that there techinically breaking there own terms an conditions now in gatwick airport a dermalogica counter so could you put your name full your salon name and the area you are in ie liverpool, manchester etc and country uk au, us many thanks as i will be sending this to glenn poy head of uk dermalogica & jane the founder please ask any stockist you know on here that are dermalogica

Attachments

• IMG00073-20110916-1047.jpg
    IMG00073-20110916-1047.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 202
please if you are not happy with the price increases or the fact that there techinically breaking there own terms an conditions now in gatwick airport a dermalogica counter so could you put your name full your salon name and the area you are in ie liverpool, manchester etc and country uk au, us many thanks as i will be sending this to glenn poy head of uk dermalogica & jane the founder please ask any stockist you know on here that are dermalogica

judith jones
Exquisite Illusions
Wirral uk

Virginia Williams Skin Care Studio, South Woodford, London.
I have been a Dermalogica stockist for 8 years and would like to add my name to your petition. Thank you for putting this together. The more names the better impact

Virginia Williams Skin Care Studio, South Woodford, London.
I have been a Dermalogica stockist for 8 years and would like to add my name to your petition. Thank you for putting this together. The more names the better impact

thank you virginia if you could spread the word to other stockist id b most grateful xx

Laura Graham
Blush health & beauty
Glasgow UK

i am a Dermalogica stockist and it doesn't bother me... Why..

1. They dont do skin treatments and refer client on to a skin center near them!
2. It increases clients awareness to Dermalogica (i had a client whos flight was delayed hours so spent lots of money on skin care, when that had ran out she bought more from me!)
3. Customers cant just walk in and buy something they do face mapping and are questioned to make sure the product is best for there skin and the staff are trained therapist.

is it really directly affecting you business that much? ...No if anything it will increase it! OK its not ideal but there are positive to every negative! xx

Just to add.. If you are not happy with Dermalogica use something els! know one is making you use it! stop sitting and complaining about it if your that bothered to make a petition find another skin care brand to use! if i was that unhappy with something i just wouldn't bother! x

Last edited:
Im happy to go on this, Im in Australia... we are having the same trouble!

Manic Cure Face and Body Care
Camperdown, NSW, Australia

i am a Dermalogica stockist and it doesn't bother me... Why..

1. They dont do skin treatments and refer client on to a skin center near them!
2. It increases clients awareness to Dermalogica (i had a client whos flight was delayed hours so spent lots of money on skin care, when that had ran out she bought more from me!)
3. Customers cant just walk in and buy something they do face mapping and are questioned to make sure the product is best for there skin and the staff are trained therapist.

is it really directly affecting you business that much? ...No if anything it will increase it! OK its not ideal but there are positive to every negative! xx

Just to add.. If you are not happy with Dermalogica use something els! know one is making you use it! stop sitting and complaining about it if your that bothered to make a petition find another skin care brand to use! if i was that unhappy with something i just wouldn't bother! x

no i know no 1s making me use it but when your doing all the hard work an have spent an awful lot of money on the products and people will come get face mapped an then go online an buy it cheaper even tho you've mensioned it could be stolen stock or dermalogica bottle but sum cheap cream in the bottle which at the end of the day will give dermalogica a bad name for them and clients will go use something else. After all its suppose to be a luxury brand thats exclusive to salons and spas not to the every joe i.e ebay, dept. stores etc when the price of the items are going up not by pence but by 3 or 4 pounds. but don't worry when they've saturated your area and your clients will go down the road because there doing the treatments cheaper/ products cheaper and you will re think why this petition has been made, or when they put the price up an your clients won't pay the price you'll agree. after all i did put if your not happy with the price increase etc sign but obviously you didn't read!

But theses websites are salon owner stockist like your self! that have just jumped on the band wagon and gone online, you could if you wanted to!

I just personally think if you so angry at what that are doing and the price of it, dont use it! x

Last edited:
Another thing I forgot about- I was going to start selling my products though my website, got all my photos from Dermalogica website, signed up to paypal etc and put everything on my website (took me days to do) then my rep came round and told me I had to take it all down as it had to be set up the way Dermalogica wanted it and only use their colour scheme she also told me I had to get a proper website designer to do it and it would probably cost a lot of money!! I ended up taking it all down!!

Another thing I forgot about- I was going to start selling my products though my website, got all my photos from Dermalogica website, signed up to paypal etc and put everything on my website (took me days to do) then my rep came round and told me I had to take it all down as it had to be set up the way Dermalogica wanted it and only use their colour scheme she also told me I had to get a proper website designer to do it and it would probably cost a lot of money!! I ended up taking it all down!!

Yes that is their requirments, they do this because the websites have to have certain standards. You dont have to get a web designer, just follow the rules, it's really not that bad!

Suzanne am I right in thinking that you can't sell other products on website eg Fakebake or have I made this up? Lol. This is probably going to sound cheeky but would I please be able to have a look at your website so I know if I'm doing the right thing with my layout etc :) x

I'm happy to have my name on the petition because of the 2x yearly price increases and because I'm finding it hard to compete with all the internet sales. In the last year my product sales have plummeted and I'm concerned that I will have to find another product range after 5 years of promoting them.

Bijou Beauty Therapy
Great Missenden
Bucks
UK

I'll sign, Dermalogica promised me the Earth during product knowledge training and none of it has stayed true.

I was told they welcomed all size businesses, they don't really like supporting home-based/freelance/mobile although they would supply me and I could do all the free training.

I was told it was affordable. £2.5k open order is not affordable for a new business looking to use their training and skills with what's supposed to be an exclusive product.

Exclusivity, apparently you can buy Dermalogica in Boots soon if not already.

Eve Taylor was the brains behind skin mapping anyway so as much as I like Dermalogica products, I can't be passionate about it the way I can Eve Taylor.

Dermalogica is a strong name/brand/image

Madonna is a strong name/woman/image but as she is well established she can turn out mediocrity and people will buy the records.

I feel Dermalogica's approach to new/small businesses is now mediocre.

That's why I stayed away and sticking with E.T.

Helen Williams
Touch Beauty
Chester, UK

thanks guy if you know of any other stockists out there that are not happy then plz send them this thread thanks guys an ps im only doing this for their needs to get back their exclusivity an to help them win us over before most of us leave them im giving them a life line here so they can resolve the matter

I was at the newly opened Westfield Mall in Stratford City last week and noticed the Dermalogica shop was quite busy.

Latest posts

Back