pink or clear acrylic with coloured tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello, just got a stupid question...

When your doing a set of nails with either white acrylic or glitter acrylic on the tips why do we use pink on the rest of the nail and not clear? I use ezflow and the pink is see through with just a tint of pink so I was thinking whats the point as it doesnt hide the regrowth like custom blend would. Also, the ezflow glitters need to be capped with clear so its abit of a job (for me anyway) doing the tips, the pink and then capping with clear. I was having a play with my friends nails and just used the colour and clear and it honestly looked just as good.

am i just making more work for myself? xx

You can use pink or clear. I use pink on the nail bed as mostly people need a touch of colour there. If you have a client with lovely pink nail beds then just go ahead and use clear. xx

You can always cap the glitter with the pink. Some nails look a bit 'ill' with the clear so if they need the pink, just cap the lot with it xx

I have a client that hates the pink so ends up having clear. When her hands are cold it makes her nails look terrible!

I sometimes think that when using white tips if you drag the pink over the white it tones down what is such a bright fake looking white,
HTH's x x x

I tend to use clear most of the time. I just think it looks more natural.

I know what you mean about the pink being very pale, I sometimes wish it was more pinker.

I always use the pink then cap most of the nail with the clear, especially when using the glitters and I never drag the pink over the white, it looks bad.

If you did one nail with pink and another with clear and put them together, I'm sure you will notice the difference then, it's worth using the pink I think. (that rhymed!)

You can use pink or clear. I use pink on the nail bed as mostly people need a touch of colour there. If you have a client with lovely pink nail beds then just go ahead and use clear. xx
I asked my GF the same question if we used see through tip, why not use clear acrylic - same answer as you said
... but we normally use white tips for glittered nails anyway

thanks guys xxx

so when using white tips do you use clear on the white then pink in zone 2&3 or clear over all of the nail or pink over it all

so when using white tips do you use clear on the white then pink in zone 2&3 or clear over all of the nail or pink over it all

I dont use white tips, I use white powder xx

This is how I do it.

If doing a French where the nail beds are long enough, I put on a White Tip.

Then I place white acrylic over the white tip.

Then I do my pink in zones 2 & 3.

Then I cap the apex and free edge with clear, dragging it over the white.

I do the same for glitter tips, I always only cover the glitter with clear, never pink as it distorts the colour.

If I'm doing a French where I use a clear tip, when the nail beds aren't suitable for white tips, I do exactly the same routine.

Put the white acrylic over the clear tip where I want the free edge to start from then proceed with the other steps.

HTH. x

You can use whatever colour powder you prefer and whatever suits your clients nail bed colour.....if you want to use clear then use clear, there are no set rules, as long as the structure is perfect then dont worry!

Amanda

You can use whatever colour powder you prefer and whatever suits your clients nail bed colour.....if you want to use clear then use clear, there are no set rules, as long as the structure is perfect then dont worry!

Amanda

Exactly, I use a natural powder (it's not pink, nor clear) it's just ummmmm natural looking.

Latest posts

Back