Playing about with skeleton leaves.. (pic)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly T

Reaction score
Been playing about with some skeleton leaves I've had for ages and not done anything with them.

Struggled a bit cutting out the smile line and getting it to stick down onto the free edge but overall I don't think it's a bad attempt for a first go. Only done one finger though as I've got to take them off again for college tomorrow night... :rolleyes:

Think I might try sticking the leaf onto one of the pro impressions tips before putting the tip on next time. They have a lovely deep smile line to them and thought I could follow that. Has anyone tried this and had any success?

Any tips appreciated geeks :)

gilly+t-albums-nail+art-picture7016-purple-leaf-heart.jpg

When working on my own nails I always stick the, glitter, lace etc to the tip before attaching the tip to me, just means using tips that don't need blending. I like what you've done here:hug:

I love this I bought some leaves as I saw another pic that someone had done. Its soooo pretty. Going to have a go this week I think xx

very pretty, I love the purple. I have some skeleton leaves Fifitrix gave me, must give them a go now!

It looks really good,
i use resin to stick the leafs into place first then overlay with L&P hth :hug:

Looks lovely, great job :hug: I do have a tip for doing these as they are quite difficult to work with as you have found out :)

After I have applied them to the tip using resin, I usually re-define my smile line using the same or even a contrasting colour powder and I find that this neatens up the smile iykwim. I just apply at the smile and gently pull down so not to take away from the pattern of the leaf, then cap in clear.

hth

Looks lovely, great job :hug: I do have a tip for doing these as they are quite difficult to work with as you have found out :)

After I have applied them to the tip using resin, I usually re-define my smile line using the same or even a contrasting colour powder and I find that this neatens up the smile iykwim. I just apply at the smile and gently pull down so not to take away from the pattern of the leaf, then cap in clear.

hth

That sounds like a beltin' idea.. it would give more depth to the colour of the leaf too I bet. Hmm... might have another little go on another finger now.

Thanks everyone.. :hug:

Ohh I think I will have to buy some now, they look so pretty, Thanks for showing..x

I think they look Fab!
Well done.

I've never tried these leaves, I've never even seen them to buy.

Where would you suggest? Do they come in different colours & who, on your clients, would you think are the likely takers of these. I bet it's the ones who see you wearing them!

I think they look Fab!
Well done.

Where would you suggest? Do they come in different colours & who, on your clients, would you think are the likely takers of these. I bet it's the ones who see you wearing them!

You can get them in craft shops Bev, or on a certain auction website :lol:

There are lots of different colours so you can go as bold or as subtle as you like.

hth

You can get them in lots of colours from most craft shops Bev :hug:

I think they look Fab!
Well done.

I got mine from Hobbycraft. A pack of 10 different colours I think for a couple of pounds... My sister is fancying something different, so I thought I'd try it first on me. Hoping she has them then shows them off to all her colleagues and friends :)

Got mine from the range, lots of ace colors and it works best stuck on the tip first, clear tips work well. Im going to attempt a full nail covered in leaf, may be tricky.

Really love the nails but i think the leaves would come out much better when you use glass nails. I bought black and red leaves and didnt know how to do them on my own nails. Now i will try it your way and hopefully it works.

Thank you so much:hug:

Been playing about with some skeleton leaves I've had for ages and not done anything with them.

Struggled a bit cutting out the smile line and getting it to stick down onto the free edge but overall I don't think it's a bad attempt for a first go. Only done one finger though as I've got to take them off again for college tomorrow night... :rolleyes:

Think I might try sticking the leaf onto one of the pro impressions tips before putting the tip on next time. They have a lovely deep smile line to them and thought I could follow that. Has anyone tried this and had any success?

Any tips appreciated geeks :)

gilly+t-albums-nail+art-picture7016-purple-leaf-heart.jpg

I have tried the way you said about above on the proimpressions clear tips, as they are so thin, i stuck the leaves down with resin first and then cut the excess off afterwards.Then i did what Fifitrix said and used a contrasting colour around the smile line to define it and capped the leaves with clear. I think there is a picture in my album if you want to have a look,( they are bright pink leaves on the tips). It worked out really well for me doing it this way . hths

haze xx

Hi Gilly T

The easiest way I have found to use the leaf skeletons on yourself is to cut out the skeleton leaves slightly larger than the tip you are applying them to (saves time trying to cut it to the precise size), then cut the smile line and place a dot of resin on the tip and lay the skeleton on the tip. Then apply the tips as normal, and cover with acrylic or gel (a translucent sparkley contrasting coloured glitter over the skeleton, or even a colour fade under the skeleton looks fabulous on the nail and hides the smile line too). Finally file and shape as normal and because the skeleton is so delicate the edges overhanging the tips files off easily once the acrylic has set. I'll hunt the down the photo I took to show the tips step by step. Hopefully that all makes sense...

they look lovely. Where did you get the skeleton leaves from?

they look lovely. Where did you get the skeleton leaves from?

These are from Hobbycraft. Someone has said they got theirs from the range but I don't think there is oneof those near me. I think you can get them from the auction website but don't know what the quality is like.

I want some red and black ones now though.

I'd also like to try lace... has anyone tried this. My friend is going out for herChristmas party and is wearing a gorgeous black dress with lace and I thought black lace tips with the 3d holly would be nice :)

These are from Hobbycraft. Someone has said they got theirs from the range but I don't think there is oneof those near me. I think you can get them from the auction website but don't know what the quality is like.

I want some red and black ones now though.

I'd also like to try lace... has anyone tried this. My friend is going out for herChristmas party and is wearing a gorgeous black dress with lace and I thought black lace tips with the 3d holly would be nice :)

Black lace looks really stunning on a tip, its pretty much the same as using the leaves, i used resin to keep it in place and capped with clear....i havnt got a picture at the moment but as soon as i do,ill put it on here for you to see.:hug:
Haze xx

Latest posts

Back