Please help with Newbie Waxer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyJane

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I did a waxing course on Monday and it was great. We used a chocolate wax and model let me do her eyebrows, top lip, underarms, legs and bikini. It all went great and I got all the hair off with no sticky mess. I had purchased a waxing starter kit so today my hubby (bless him) said i could practice on him and let me do like a bikini line and also let my do his bum. I did warn him it might hurt! Anyway it was a bit of a disaster, the wax didn't want to come and his hair on his bum got all sticky and messy and i couldn't keep going over it. the bikini area was ok but I lost all confidence. When I came away from my course I was really confident about it and looking forward to waxing people but I don't know what went wrong. Was my wax too hot or too cold. The one I have in my kit which i used is Hive Gold Warm Wax. :cry:

Where did I go wrong

Please help.

Where you went wrong was picking the hardest area for anyone let alone when you have just started.
Get used to your technique and your wax by just doing lower half legs,do your own if you have no volunteers even if bald just practice getting your thickness and pull right.Get used to using oil as well under the wax best to do a search about this as there is a lot about it and its not often used in training.In fact settle down for the evening and read all the threads on waxing you will learn loads.
Good waxing comes with experience and practice.

This happens if you wax on a cold area. The wax ends up sticking to the skin and doesnt come off on your wax strip. It's common an knees too. If this happens don't panic, simply place your strip back over the wax and rub for a few seconds to warm it up and pull it off.
You will get good days and bad days with waxing when you are training.It's all completely normal. Don't give up...it will get easier xxx

Is he still on all fours, waiting for you to pick the rest of the wax out?

You really should become expert at waxing general area before attempting advanced areas. Aside from your poor husband, it will (and has) knock your confidence. Go back to the beginning and practice on legs etc. Good luck. :hug:

ha ha no he's not still on all fours, and the redness has gone thank god!

He's a good egg, he lets me practice all sorts on him. He wants me to do well.

He wasn't cold and I did put the strip back on but it still didn't work.

I am doing my sisters eyebrows tomorrow, I hope that goes ok.

ha ha no he's not still on all fours, and the redness has gone thank god!

He's a good egg, he lets me practice all sorts on him. He wants me to do well.

He wasn't cold and I did put the strip back on but it still didn't work.

I am doing my sisters eyebrows tomorrow, I hope that goes ok.

Did you trim the hairs first? If you dont then the wax can kinda get all matted up in them.
Oh bless him, I bet he would kill you if he knew you were talking about it on here :lol: ShHhHhHh lol xxx

Ha, I told I had asked for help on here and he doesn't mind cos nobody knows him :)

I didn't trim them, the worst bit was kind off at the top of his legs at the back going up towards his bum. He is really blonde too so I didnt' realise how long they were. The wax seemed really runny not like the chocolate wax I used on the course, that was quick thick and you could twist the spatula round to keep it on whereas mine seemed to just run off.

Latest posts

Back