Please take a moment to consider this about Gay Marriage...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Australia so can't help....but sending love all the way from Australia. It's mardi gras right now in Sydney so lots of like minds here. Hopefully in our life time this crazy law will be changed forever!

Congratulations on your engagement. May you share many happy years together.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Wow I'm overwhelmed by your responses! You know what though? The petition has about 9,000 signatures now BUT there is a petition against gay marriage which has 90,000 which makes me feel very uncomfortable in what I thought was such a diverse and liberal country :-( however that petition has been running much longer so hopefully this one will soon take over xxx thanks everyone for signing though, it really can make a difference!

I've signed and put this on my twitter and will ask all who follow me to sign and Retweet about it xx

I'm shocked that this is still happening. Why shouldn't you be able to do what anyone else can?

Congratulations on your engagement, I hope you get to have your special day and enjoy every minute of it. :)

Thanks so much again everyone!!!! We're loving being engaged!!!!!!!

I'll put up some pics in a minute!!!

In case you guys didn't know I went the whole hog and did it at the top of the Eiffel Tower, down on one knee with a Tiffany ring... Was really nervous but it was one of the most special moments of my whole life!

We're soul mates and can't wait to get married!!!! Ok soppyness over....sorry if it made you hurl!!! hahah x

Attachments

• engaged!.jpg
    engaged!.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 184
  • the ring!.jpg
    the ring!.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 161
Wow I'm overwhelmed by your responses! You know what though? The petition has about 9,000 signatures now BUT there is a petition against gay marriage which has 90,000 which makes me feel very uncomfortable in what I thought was such a diverse and liberal country :-( however that petition has been running much longer so hopefully this one will soon take over xxx thanks everyone for signing though, it really can make a difference!
Bless you.
I was brought up by gay parents when my Mum left my Dad when I was 8 for her partner so will be DEFINITELY signing when I'm back on my laptop.
Can't believe 90,000 people are against. They should maybe ask the children of gay couples like myself what they think of their childhood, not automatically assume because it isn't the norm that it is wrong.

I'm shocked there is a petition against gay marriage in the first place!
I'm sure this petition will overtake it as you say, some people live in the dark ages :( xx

All signed, love the photos, congratulations x

Done! And congratulations again! My brother and his husband got married in Belgium as they have PROPER same sex marriage there, not a second class "civil partnership".

The law as it stands in the UK is stupid though... as if I wanted to get a gender recognition certificate to be recognised as female, then I'd currently have to dissolve my marriage to Sonia, which is stupid; I don't want to have to do that; we have been married nearly 7 years now, and she has known me as Ruth ever since we met back in 2003!

In case you guys didn't know I went the whole hog and did it at the top of the Eiffel Tower, down on one knee with a Tiffany ring... Was really nervous but it was one of the most special moments of my whole life!

We're soul mates and can't wait to get married!!!! Ok soppyness over....sorry if it made you hurl!!! hahah x

Yes you are making us all hurl with your perfectness!! :lol:

By the way... forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!! :hug: xxx

Done! It saddens me that theres 90.000 people against us getting married! Nothing to do with them! x

Done! It saddens me that theres 90.000 people against us getting married! Nothing to do with them! x

Quite so! If people want to use religion as an excuse for same sex couples not to marry, then they should just not offer same sex marriage within their religion... but they should NOT have the right to stop same sex couples from getting married in other religions/denominations that ARE open to same sex marriage (e.g. Unitarians, Quakers, etc) - nor from same sex couples having registry office marriages...

I've signed!

I don't understand this at all....why legalise a civil ceremony but not a marriage? What they think will happen is gay couples marry is beyond me. Marriage doesn't give you some super power that single people don't get ;) what are they so afraid of?

Maybe the people signing the anti-gay marriage pertition should have some of their rights taken away and then see how they feel.

Best wishes to both of you. I hope you have a long, happy life together :hug:

Congratulations on your engagement. Iv signed your petition :) xxx

Signed and posted on facebook xxxx gd luck xxx

Quite so! If people want to use religion as an excuse for same sex couples not to marry, then they should just not offer same sex marriage within their religion... but they should NOT have the right to stop same sex couples from getting married in other religions/denominations that ARE open to same sex marriage (e.g. Unitarians, Quakers, etc) - nor from same sex couples having registry office marriages...
Thank you ruth! I dont think theres anything wrong with it... Im engaged to my fella and people always take the micky... Even clients! Sick of people who wont accept us for who we are! xx

All done. I've signed.
If you love someone, why can't you marry them?!
Congratulations to you both

Ps- geourgeous engagement ring x

All done :)
Congratulations on your engagement! My boyfriends sister and her other half are going through the same situation as you so I'm more than willing to support! Have everything crossed for you xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Latest posts

Back