Polish In Hot Water?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katykitten

Reaction score
Just wondered if any geeks had ever heard of this, because I haven't....

My mum went for a manicure today at a new salon that's opened in her local area. Half way through she was asked to pick a polish (she picked a light coloured OPI polish) the technician then placed it in a bowl of hot water for about 5mins whilst she continued with the manicure, then took it out and painted her nails with it?

Just wondering if anyone on here does this and why?

I can remember doing this as a kid when my polish was going a bit gloopy but surely this would not be the case with a professional polish????

That's strange, how does this work :eek:... I'm sure that's the reason why a polish goes gloopy in the first place because it's got warm. I also got recommended to keep polishes in the fridge, how about anyone else???? Not that I personally do this either?

when I was in school my instructor would run older polishes under hot water to make the bottle easier to open...I wonder if thats the case their.

Perhaps the brush was covered in the enamel and it had all gone crusty and dried up. I used to do this to make them easier to open.

That's strange, how does this work :eek:... I'm sure that's the reason why a polish goes gloopy in the first place because it's got warm. I also got recommended to keep polishes in the fridge, how about anyone else???? Not that I personally do this either?

I have heard that they should be kept in a fridge too but have never tried it either.
I have never had an OPI polish go gloopy

i keep mine in a cool place...i use opi and never known them to go gloopy

is the polish still fine on her nails?

I did used to keep all my nail polish in the fridge. However, I realised that I had a nail polish addiction by the time there was more nail polish in the fridge than wine or food. :eek:

if the bottles are closed too tightly running them under warm water opens them so easily so it could be just that

is the polish still fine on her nails?

Doorie, today (the next morning) the polish has literally just come off her nails on the free edge, she only just noticed and hasn't done much heavy work with them

I don't think it was a case of the top being on too tight as she only placed the glass part of the bottle in the hot water not the lid

Thanks for all your ideas x

Doorie, today (the next morning) the polish has literally just come off her nails on the free edge, she only just noticed and hasn't done much heavy work with them

I don't think it was a case of the top being on too tight as she only placed the glass part of the bottle in the hot water not the lid

Thanks for all your ideas x
that's what I thought.

5 mins in hot water is bad for a polish

Latest posts

Back