PopIts ... questions and answers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gigi, I feel more confident about doing them now. She is one of those clients that I dread coming because she's so fussy! I'm going to spend this weekend practicing with the Popits I ordered. Can I ask one more question (sorry to be a pain) but do you thing that we could practice with the Popits using a trainer hand?

You can, but you wont get the same beautiful result you would using a real live model.

I too have a client booked in on thurs who is having sin city enhancements rather than enamel,i can't wait to do them .I had a go on my own nails and they look amazing,just take extra care when placing the product in the poppit around the cuticle area,it has to be perfectly even so that when you pop it off it it looks beautiful and even hth's

i got my sample popits and would like to try them on myself.

i have managed to grow my natural nails pretty long with the aid of soak off gel and the free edge is about 7mm.
i dont want to cut my natural down to apply a tip.

can i use popits for an overlay on my own nails? i want to use l/p to try them out as it sounds like too much trouble to use gel.

i have managed to grow my natural nails pretty long with the aid of soak off gel and the free edge is about 7mm.

can i use popits for an overlay on my own nails? i want to use l/p to try them out as it sounds like too much trouble to use gel.

You can use them to overlay your own nails but I suppose it depends on how the shape of your free edge changes - have you tried a dry run with the popit over your own nail to see how it conforms to the shape?

You can do a brilliant natural nail overlay using PopIts. One of the easiest things to do actually.

I would still like to clarify a couple of things, I shouldve gone to the demo, I really am a watching learner!:irked:

Anyway, So I fill the poppit with 1 bead of pink/clear etc, just short of the end of the tip, what if I fill it too much? Will I be able to file it down? How much pressure do I apply, as much as when applying a tip?

I am going to have a go later when my clients have gone, and will try a NNO to begin with, havent got my white performance tips yet!

I have short nail beds and I am looking forward to using these today on myself. The first test:lol:. How would I use Custom blended powders to extend the nail bed with Popits.
Thanks,
Holly

I have short nail beds and I am looking forward to using these today on myself. The first test:lol:. How would I use Custom blended powders to extend the nail bed with PopIts.
Thanks,
Holly

On the first nail, Mark on the PopIt where you want the smile line to be placed and then apply the white powder in the PopIt ... do the same with the second nail. Then go back to the first and apply the custom blended powder and apply to the first nail. Then do the same to number two and apply. Then do two more at a time and so on until you are done.

It is best not to let the zone one bead dry completely ... neither should it be wet. It should just be setting when you apply your custom blended bead.

Frankly, I think you are running before you can walk if you want to do this on your very first set using PopIts but maybe your experience is such that you can do it.

Use a brush immediately or a smooth drill bit to clean and smooth the underside of the PopIt. Good luck.

I would still like to clarify a couple of things, I shouldve gone to the demo, I really am a watching learner!:irked:

Anyway, So I fill the PopIt with 1 bead of pink/clear etc, just short of the end of the tip, what if I fill it too much? The product will squeeze past the free edge of the tip extending it.

Will I be able to file it down? I use a piar of nippers and just snip at the free edge and the excess product just snaps off.

How much pressure do I apply, as much as when applying a tip? Just use a medim to gentle pressure and watch the product spread to the end f the tip. When it gets there, stop applying the pressure and hold in place.

I am going to have a go later when my clients have gone, and will try a NNO to begin with, havent got my white performance tips yet!

Good Luck

Good Luck
Fabulous, thanks Geeg, see 1 post and all my questions are answered, I love this site! xxxxx:hug:

Hello

I have always used pink & white powder to create my permanent french enhancements, if I am using white tips with the poppits what happens when it is time to rebalance? Do I need to soak off and re-apply?

Look forward to your advice

Thanks, Sam x

I have just applied my first set of popits on my own nails. I have to say they are absolutely gorgeous, I love em!! I did my free edge in the popit with silver and gold and then applied the pink in the popit. For anybody that is worried about being artistic they were great fun and I know I could'nt have done them as good without the Popits. My only problem was that on my thumbs, I'm not sure where I went wrong. I applied the Popits in the same way as the others but both thumbs were showing spots where the l&p had'nt adhered to my natural nail. I soaked them both off and tried the next size but had the same problem. Is there anyone else who has had this problem who could give me some advise please, it may just be that I did'nt put enough pink in?

It was my first attempt and I have to say that my smile lines were fab and the finish was amazing, I am sooo impressed and all my students and colleagues have been admiring them all day!!

Hello

I have always used pink & white powder to create my permanent french enhancements, if I am using white tips with the poppits what happens when it is time to rebalance? Do I need to soak off and re-apply?

Look forward to your advice

Thanks, Sam x

No. You just need to thin down zone 1 and reapply it thinly on the nail in the normal way and then overlay with one colour in the PopIt ... doing this will put a shiny veneer over the whole enhancement and no buffing. Presto finished.

I have just applied my first set of PopIts on my own nails. I have to say they are absolutely gorgeous, I love em!! I did my free edge in the PopIt with silver and gold and then applied the pink in the PopIt. For anybody that is worried about being artistic they were great fun and I know I couldn't have done them as good without the PopIts. My only problem was that on my thumbs, I'm not sure where I went wrong. I applied the PopIts in the same way as the others but both thumbs were showing spots where the l&p hadn't adhered to my natural nail. I soaked them both off and tried the next size but had the same problem. Is there anyone else who has had this problem who could give me some advise please, it may just be that I didn't put enough pink in?

It was my first attempt and I have to say that my smile lines were fab and the finish was amazing, I am sooo impressed and all my students and colleagues have been admiring them all day!!
ç

I'm so happy you are pleased with the result!! Bravo! Sounds like you were short of product in the thumbs. Better to have too much than too little. You will soon have it down pat and never look back. Like most things. Can't be doing with those who try and expect perfection the first go. :irked: No one does anything perfectly the first time, so don't expect to.

I also applied a new set to myself today and they are gorgeous. Just did very natural using the natural coloured Performance tips. My own nails are quite long so they look very very elegant and slim and sleek. took me 25 minutes!! lol Mind you I have done a few nails now with PopIts ... a few hundred!! :lol:

Thanks Gigi, I have had 3 bookings just off my nails today and a lot of interest about the Popits from the lecturers and nail students. I'm off to take the students to the clothes show tomorrow and shall be making sure my nails are on full display! :hug:

I asked the question about custom blending before even trying Popits. I tried a set today. Some looked good, some I did not use enough product. It's hard to judge using 1 ball. I'll try again!.
Practice makes perfect.

Holly

I also applied a new set to myself today and they are gorgeous. Just did very natural using the natural coloured Performance tips. My own nails are quite long so they look very very elegant and slim and sleek. took me 25 minutes!! lol Mind you I have done a few nails now with PopIts ... a few hundred!! :lol:

Would love to see them Gigi!! :green:

Well I'd love to show ya, but I don't have a digital camera and I wouldn't know how to upload them anyway!! :) My hubby is an old school type photographer I'm afraid.

Well, I have tried one and failed miserably, applied the tip, filled the poppit with L&P but I couldnt seem to get enough in with 1 bead? My first one was short of the tip and my 2nd was short of the sides.
Was unsure how long to leave it before I popped it off, and I definately didnt leave long enough.

Will it make a massive difference if I work quickly and use 2 beads? If it will how do I pick up a big enough bead, Im struggling guys!

However 1 positive is that I could see a fab nail that could be in the places where there was enough product, what a shine!

Anyway I refuse to give up, after my clients go tonight am back to my table!

In the meantime if anybody has any help for me, I would be very grateful!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Well, I have tried one and failed miserably, applied the tip, filled the PopIt with L&P but I couldnt seem to get enough in with 1 bead? My first one was short of the tip and my 2nd was short of the sides.
Was unsure how long to leave it before I popped it off, and I definately didnt leave long enough.

Will it make a massive difference if I work quickly and use 2 beads? If it will how do I pick up a big enough bead, Im struggling guys!

However 1 positive is that I could see a fab nail that could be in the places where there was enough product, what a shine!

Anyway I refuse to give up, after my clients go tonight am back to my table!

In the meantime if anybody has any help for me, I would be very grateful!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:
I do!! :lol:
My suggestion is to use one bead BUT I never said anywhere that that is the only way.
Of course use more than one bead if you need to ... I do.
My tip is to apply the second bead (if you need it) on the top of what you have already laid down; not in front of it. This way avoids possible air bubbles.
Yes .. you are right, you need to work quickly.

Latest posts

Back