PopIts ... questions and answers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK UPDATED- FREEZE THE WHITE!!! It turns out just fine. :)

I'm with Blossom and Classy Claws about the poppits. They may be a fantastic new invention but I for one, even though I am still training actually enjoy applying the acrylic in the traditional way. It gives me a sense of well being when I see the nail that Ihave created.

Anybody else actually enjoy applying the nail the traditional way?

I do! I love it! But now having tried this wierd experimental way, I have to say I am getting ALMOST as much satisfaction. IT'S NOT EASY!!! I am having a HECK of a time getting my apex right!!! Definitely not just some slop it on, stick it on technique, thats for sure!!!! I think I will pretty much only be using it on myself lol, it makes me hate my bad hand less so far...

The popit pictures yous are posting are amazing. I have to ask, what about the fill in's? Do you use the popit to fill in the new growth area, apply product the tradional way? Soak off and reapply a new set of popits? Is popit's a brand name or what they are being called? "popits" aren't available right now outside of the UK, so many of us have found Ys dual system forms, but can we still call and advertise to our cleint's as popits?

I think we can advertise the service to our clients however we wish to ;)

Although I haven't seen anything otherwise, I would probably just rebalance like I always do...

I think we may have to wait for the official tutorial. ;)

How would rebalances be done?

Would we still have to file down the nail, prep etc and then put a new poppit over the old acrylic?

If this is the case, from what I have read, it should still be quicker because there would be no filing after the poppit has come off.

Am I right?

Had another thought as well. Wouldn't they be great to do on relatives and friends who I for one don't like to charge a lot.

Not got any yet but I will definately have to jump on the bandwagon soon.

When will we be hearing about these being distributed in Aus?

I think the name sounds appealing to techs as it brings images of doing something easily and quickly.

...but as for clients, they don't need to know what they're called, right? Just another app method.

The name probably is appealing to techs, you are right about the images of doing something quickly and easily .

But won't the PopIts be in a box similar to a tip box? With the name on? My clients sure know what tips I use. . . some look at virtually every bottle or every thing I pick up and ask what it's for lol . . .

I think the name sounds appealing to techs as it brings images of doing something easily and quickly.

...but as for clients, they don't need to know what they're called, right? Just another app method.

The name probably is appealing to techs, you are right about the images of doing something quickly and easily .

But won't the PopIts be in a box similar to a tip box? With the name on? My clients sure know what tips I use. . . some look at virtually every bottle or every thing I pick up and ask what it's for lol . . .

The popIts are in a box the same as tips but funnily enough at the minute they have no labels on them. S2 say that is because there wasnt time for the supplier to label them before they needed to be shipped to them for this week.

I am sure it would be easy enough to remove the label though when they do come with labels on.

I am sure it would be easy enough to remove the label though when they do come with labels on.

I take pride in not removing any of my labels though . . . I'm not like the NSS lol, bringing out dishes and bottles with no labels on so you can't see what product is in there . . . with me, what you see is what you get.

I'm with Blossom and Classy Claws about the poppits. They may be a fantastic new invention but I for one, even though I am still training actually enjoy applying the acrylic in the traditional way. It gives me a sense of well being when I see the nail that Ihave created.

Anybody else actually enjoy applying the nail the traditional way?

Me! I love sculpting and will practice on tips, practice finders, polish bottle lids, my sons, anyone or anything that can take the acrylic and not melt :lol: I do think Popits will be a challenge too though. I sure wish I had some right now to experiment with. I three nails on my 'wrong' hand I wasn't happy with and decided to take them down and redo them, wish I had let them be now. I need to get them right before tomorrow! About to soak them off and redo them and if they aren't right so be it :irked:

Are any Geeks going tomorrow still or has everyone been now except San and I? I dont usually mind playing Billy no mates but I feel really nervous. Also have had some wonderful advice since joining so would have been nice to meet some of you. Looking forward to meeting San when she gets to my house :)

I wanted to ask this but I didn’t want to start a new thread so I hope its okay to add it onto this one.

I’m sure its been asked already but I can’t see it anywhere,
Do you have to tip all the nails before you apply the popit? The reason I ask is because the ENUK inverted moulds you don’t, just place it on the prepped nails.

Also do you apply all your tips to the popets, allow to set then go on to apply your pink then onto the nail or have I got the wrong end of the stick, I was just thinking because if you are tipping the nails first and then applying popits with set tips surely they will not adhere to the tip correctly?
Im, sure it’ll all make sense when my popits arrive and I can have a play!

Thank you everyone x x

I wanted to ask this but I didn’t want to start a new thread so I hope its okay to add it onto this one.

I’m sure its been asked already but I can’t see it anywhere,
Do you have to tip all the nails before you apply the popit? No, you can sculpt with them as well and this is included in the step by step instructions in the tutorial section of the site. The reason I ask is because the ENUK inverted moulds you don’t, just place it on the prepped nails. PopIts or not inverted moulds.

Also do you apply all your tips to the popets, allow to set then go on to apply your pink then onto the nail or have I got the wrong end of the stick, You can use them like this but I wouldn't let them totally set. I work 2 at a time. Do the white on two and then go back and apply the first one and so on. If you allow to completely set, then the white bit can pop out of the PopIt. I was just thinking because if you are tipping the nails first and then applying popits with set tips surely they will not adhere to the tip correctly? Use a white tip or a natural tip and a one colour overlay OR apply the white to the tip and then a one colour overlay.
Im, sure it’ll all make sense when my popits arrive and I can have a play!

Why not take a detailed look at the Q& A's and the step by steps here on the site? They should answer most all of your questions.

Thank you everyone x x

Have fun

Thats brilliant, thanks ever so much x x :hug:

I have a client who has asked me to do black l&p on her nails, do you think it would be a good idea to use Poppits or would the colour be a bit translucent at the free edge?

I have a client who has asked me to do black l&p on her nails, do you think it would be a good idea to use Poppits or would the colour be a bit translucent at the free edge?

Black is really opaque, I dont think it would be translucent at all.

Why doesn't she just have them painted black with CND Voodoo ... then she is not so tied to the one colour?

Black is really opaque, I dont think it would be translucent at all.

Why doesn't she just have them painted black with CND Voodoo ... then she is not so tied to the one colour?

I suggested this and brought Voodoo from the beauty show especially with her in mind as she used to just have manicure and polish. She said that she can't be bothered painting them if they chip etc over Christmas! I told her that polish over l&p is very low maintenance but she won't listen just wants black l&p so it stays on for a long time and will go with any of her outfits (so does a french!) :eek:

I suggested this and brought Voodoo from the beauty show especially with her in mind as she used to just have manicure and polish. She said that she can't be bothered painting them if they chip etc over Christmas! I told her that polish over l&p is very low maintenance but she won't listen just wants black l&p so it stays on for a long time and will go with any of her outfits (so does a french!) :eek:

Well I'll tell you one thing the black done with PopIts will look amazing and so shiny it will be gorgeous. Fill the PopIt using one bead if you can.

Well I'll tell you one thing the black done with PopIts will look amazing and so shiny it will be gorgeous. Fill the PopIt using one bead if you can.

Thanks Gigi, I feel more confident about doing them now. She is one of those clients that I dread coming because she's so fussy! I'm going to spend this weekend practicing with the Popits I ordered. Can I ask one more question (sorry to be a pain) but do you thing that we could practice with the Popits using a trainer hand?

Latest posts

Back