PopIts ... questions and answers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
Maybe a good place to start asking and answering about the new method.
I'll start it off

Maybe silly, but I have found that dirt/dust/grime seem to be attracted to matte (unfinished, unbuffed acrylic). Seeing as though the underside is matte (unfinished, almost like an unbuffed surface of a normal nail) whereas it's normally quite shiny underneath (sculptures or tips) will they attract more dirt to the underside?

some one asked this question at the demo yesterday, yes its matte not shiney, so you'd have to use something underneath like polish or something.

I use an e-file so i can fortunetely just whizz it underneath a bit ( i do this now anyway and make the free edge appear thinner too)

Or use a tip/form to prevent this ;)

I am completely confused now, but thats not difficult because I am sooooo tired! Do you mean the side that is going to be placed flush to the natural nail and if so why would a tip or form help? :confused:

Can you get toe nail size ones too ?

You can adhere a natural tip or white tip to the nail before using the pop it, this way you will have a smooth underside and not have to worry about it been a dirt and dust magnet
or like the geek says fit a form first then use a pop it

Oh, I see, I thought I was going completely mad, I thought that nailzoo meant the whole of the underside that goes on to the nail plate and when Sam said to fit a form or tip I just though oh my life how can that work. Sorry as I said I'm tired :zzz:

Oh, I see, I thought I was going completely mad, I thought that nailzoo meant the whole of the underside that goes on to the nail plate and when Sam said to fit a form or tip I just though oh my life how can that work. Sorry as I said I'm tired :zzz:
Tired is allowed and if you dont ask you wont get the answer hun

Interesting to see then that it actually IS a product, when initally the information was.. 'you will not have to buy any type of product, it is a method, all you need is your brush and chosen system' Or words to that effect...... yet it is a mould, it is a product u need to buy....... interesting.

Interesting to see then that it actually IS a product, when initally the information was.. 'you will not have to buy any type of product, it is a method, all you need is your brush and chosen system' Or words to that effect...... yet it is a mould, it is a product u need to buy....... interesting.
It is not a mould, mould is green lol
it is a new system to apply perfect nails, so yes you do need to buy the system but you can use your own product,
and no it does not cost the earth, about £30 + vat
Minky there is no reason why you can not use the popits for toe nails but there is not seperate ones for toes,
they come in a box with ten sizes so you would just use them for toes as you would the tips that we buy for fingers

it is a new system to apply perfect nails, so yes you do need to buy the system but you can use your own product,
Minky there is no reason why you can not use the popits for toe nails but there is not seperate ones for toes,
they come in a box with ten sizes so you would just use them for toes as you would the tips that we buy for fingers

I think you are being a bit pedantic here Lou....after all you can mould product into different shapes.....as well as have mould on your shower curtain :lol:....and these are described as moulds on the website Ys Nais Producto único en uñas acrílicas

I tried to make this point also back on another thread, and no one listened.
I called SS when they opened this morning,and I was totally guttered. I was told that I would not be able to buy a pack because they refused to ship them out of the UK:cry::cry::cry:
This is not fair I have been waiting for them to be released just as much as everyone else, I was told I would be able to buy some and that everyone no matter who you are or who you have trained with would have a chance to use them:rolleyes: It's so unfair just because of where I live, I have to miss out.
I am so mad right now, :twisted:

Oh gosh a spelling mistake, oh dear, sorry bout that, but its still a mold and its still something extra you have to buy, which was emphatically denyed early on... 30 pounds works out to be a HUGE amount of money here..... I've read everything on here this morning and I cant say I am convinced.

Ps. forgive any spelling errors in this one, new laptop no spell check on board :irked:

I tried to make this point also back on another thread, and no one listened.
I called SS when they opened this morning,and I was totally guttered. I was told that I would not be able to buy a pack because they refused to ship them out of the US:cry::cry::cry:
This is not fair I have been waiting for them to be released just as much as everyone else, I was told I would be able to buy some and that everyone no matter who you are or who you have trained with would have a chance to use them:rolleyes: It's so unfair just because of where I live, I have to miss out.
I am so mad right now, :twisted:

:hug: dont dispare, I have used inverted moulds before, and to be perfectly honest hun it took all the fun out of creating an enhancement by hand, I am an artist, sculpting and creating enhancements are like tiny works of art for me, I enjoy the process... Moulds may be fast but they are also boring as hell to an artistic spirit. :rolleyes:

:hug: dont dispare, I have used inverted moulds before, and to be perfectly honest hun it took all the fun out of creating an enhancement by hand, I am an artist, sculpting and creating enhancements are like tiny works of art for me, I enjoy the process... Moulds may be fast but they are also boring as hell to an artistic spirit. :rolleyes:
Thanks for trying to make me feel better,:hug: but honestly no words are going to make a difference right now, I feel lied to and left out. If I was told
right from the start, no you wont be able to use them they are only available to those who live in the UK,I wouldnt have got my hopes up so much. :mad:

Hiya

I decided to go to Leeds to see Geeg do a live demo of the popits.
And i have to say fantasic, and so was GEEG.
I love this new tip/mould or what ever you wish to call them, it's going to bring more time, money and less effort to some parts of our days work.

It's a BIG UP from me:green:

BIG THANK YOU TO GEEG FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SHOW US ALL:hug:

I did a nail this eve on a family member, my first one was fab, can not wait until ive had a day to play and introduce this new nailtechnique to my clinic

Thank you again

Love Jennyx
www.advancedbeautyclinic

I was not been pedantic here with my reply
i was trying to have a laugh, hence the LOL
they are not the same as what is shown on that website izzy

I was not been pedantic here with my reply
i was trying to have a laugh, hence the LOL
they are not the same as what is shown on that website izzy

Thanks for that Lou I was going by the fact that Sweet Squared are the UK & Ireland distributors on that link......and I did have a :lol: too!!!
I definitely don't think we should be get too hung up on 'when is a mould not a mould' though or spelling :Grope:IYKWIM, it has been good to have such a buzz about the site this week.:)

I thought this topic would be and be about the ins and outs of using the PopIts, did I missunderstand?

I think you are being a bit pedantic here Lou....after all you can mould product into different shapes.....as well as have mould on your shower curtain :lol:....and these are described as moulds on the website Ys Nais Producto único en uñas acrílicas

is this link the way to apply the new method?:rolleyes:also how do you pop them off then?i also can not make it to leeds but am waiting on my free popits pack!can't wait so i can see what it is all about x

Latest posts

Back