Popits & UV Gel - new set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I posted anything, asking for critique.
So here goes... UV Gel applied with Popits over Asian well-less tips (since I knew I was painting over them, I was unconcerned with their transparency)

My 2nd full set (as opposed to rebalances) HUGE improvement.
Although, I did find them a tad thin and worry for that.
Only ONE airbubble this time, and because I didn't see it before I put them in the lamp, otherwise I would have fixed them (see if you can find it LOL)

Still working out the kinks, and my speed still wasn't all that. BUT it's been probably a year since I used tips, so fiddling with those wasn't my cup of tea (sizing and trimming and etc). But still, they were complete in one hour (not including nail art after), start to finish. And that was with a tad bit of 'dallying'. I'm sure if I put myself under the crunch, could have finished them faster.

So, what do you think?? (album here: Poppits pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

2294713030045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

2035826400045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

a little dusty, sorry:o
2075649600045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

2821771660045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

FYI: I love cutting off the lip at the area of the eponychium. The 'ridge' was COMPLETELY gone.:green:
I only had 2 'ooze' with seepage this time around, that I had to correct.
BUT I still have to clean out under the poppit before curing to get excess that squeezes out at the free edge, still working on 'quantity' and pressing it down just enough.
Getting better though!

They look good

I like that pink

:hug:Victoria!!

I think you did a great job with those Popits!!
You have inspired me to get mine out of the drawer again and try and try and try again!!

I hope I can expect good results like you!! Because I was soooo disapointed with the popits ( using them with gel) !!

Janet

THANKS!
My first few tries with poppits were absymal.

BUT with perseverance.. they're coming along great.
What I keep telling myself "if Gigi can do it, and other geeks... SO CAN I!"
It is tricky, but it takes a very light touch, as Gigi says.
And maintain your hold on the popit until you get the clip on, THEN release.
Not before.
I 'think' that's the trick with the bubble issues.
As for the rest.. it's all down to quantity and once you find the right quantity, you're set.:green:

I can't wait until I can do it in 30min without a single flaw!!

Nice transformation. Well done x

Nice job. You can be our gel expert!

Nice job. You can be our gel expert!

Coming from you, that is HIGH praise indeed:!::green::o

Thank you!!!!

hi
I Love The Rink Ones They Are Very Pretty
You Did A Very Way Cool Job
Love Them

Last edited:
Coming from you, that is HIGH praise indeed:!::green::o

Thank you!!!!

You deserve it hun......you are always asking about gel popits and have showed us how you do it.....well done Victoria....top marks xxxxx

Well done, Victoria!

And to think some of us were worried that just anyone could do these i.e. untrained people. It just shows that it is still a professional service to offer clients and takes a lot of skill, which all trained techs should have.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress. :)

THANKS!

I was all chuffed with myself and went to do a rebalance last night, and annoyed myself:lol:
I didn't do as well as with my 'new set' and discovered the root of one of my errors.

When cleaning out the excess gel that squeezed out of the free edge, take care how to hold the brush OR you end up 'scooping' some of the gel out between the popit and the nail and create a 'divot' or pocket?
I was SO MAD that I hadn't angled my brush right!! Don't hold the brush parallel with the poppit, going down the barrel.
Hold it so that the brush is pointing at the poppit. In other words, if the poppit is vertical, then hold the brush horizontal. did that make sense? (not yet finished my coffee this morning, so a little on the dopey side right now).

Any tips or tricks I pick up along the way, doing them with gel, I'll share.
As soon as I've mastered it 100%, I'll be sure to shoot a teensy video and hopefully, what I've learned, I can share. (for those of you unable to attend demos, like myself)

I did find trimming the lip at the eponychium helped greatly. I think because gel "moves" unlike L&P, so it's more prone to oozing out or whatever?

:hug: to all of you.
(now I'm off to order more poppits.... hopefully the translation sent to me by marioned and YSNails will help me with the spanish order page on their site)

they look really nice. youve done a lovely job.i really love the pink and the pattern is really pretty.:)

Latest posts

Back