Pregnant lady who wants a hollywood???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saskia

Reaction score
Hello girls,

This week i've been called by a lady who wanted her armpits waxed. No prob, always happy to have new clients. I'm mobile, so when i arrived, i saw she was veeeeeeeeeeery pregnant. We had a nice conversation during the procedure and she didn't experienced a lot of pain.
She is expecting de baby in four weeks, and she's quit large. It's her first, and when she goes to the hospital, by the time she's having the baby she wants to have all the hair down under removed : a hollywood.
I'm trained to do that, but never done it to another person, exept for myself:rolleyes: .
I realy want to do this, but don't know for shure if it's exeptable with pregnant women? Never been pregnant myself so don't know very well how te position her (if it's possible to do in pregnancy).

By this way i wanted to know by other trained waxers if i should do this and if so, how (positions etc...)

Many thanks!!! Saskia :hug:

(i'm belgian, so don't mind my english???)

Hello girls,

This week i've been called by a lady who wanted her armpits waxed. No prob, always happy to have new clients. I'm mobile, so when i arrived, i saw she was veeeeeeeeeeery pregnant. We had a nice conversation during the procedure and she didn't experienced a lot of pain.
She is expecting de baby in four weeks, and she's quit large. It's her first, and when she goes to the hospital, by the time she's having the baby she wants to have all the hair down under removed : a hollywood.
I'm trained to do that, but never done it to another person, exept for myself:rolleyes: .
I realy want to do this, but don't know for shure if it's exeptable with pregnant women? Never been pregnant myself so don't know very well how te position her (if it's possible to do in pregnancy).

By this way i wanted to know by other trained waxers if i should do this and if so, how (positions etc...)

Many thanks!!! Saskia :hug:

(i'm belgian, so don't mind my english???)
Okay it wont be easy given the fact that she is pregnant.Has she had a Hollywood before?does she know that it can be quite painful?If not I would suggest you make her aware that it's not for the faint hearted and her pain threshold may be a little bit low because of her pregnancy.I think you should practice on someone else before trying this on her,it will give you more confidence on the day,maybe practice on a friend.You will need to make sure that she helps you as much as possible by keeping the skin as taught as she can.Try getting her to bring her knee up towards her,she wont be able to come in very close because of her bump.This will help with under her bottom area and keep the skin taught.I would get her to lay on her side and bring one leg foreward,then ask her to grab her bottom and pull tight again.It wont be easy if she's very big,you will have to play around with different positions to get it right.Above all try to be calm and keep the skin as taught as possible to avoid any bruising.HTH If you need anymore help feel free to pm me.HTH

Yep Im with Babsann on this one. I would really be honest with her and tell her what it is going to be like, I think she might thank you for it. Personally I wouldn't do it because of the pain involved and I don't actually like the look of it (such a prude! lol) I think I would have to suggest a Brazillian. I would defo have a practise on someone else too if she want to go ahead with it.

My god the last thing I thought about when I was pregnant was to have a Hollywood! maybe a nice trim and do the sides but ooouuucchh! to a Hollywood.

Let us know how it goes.
K x

Compared to giving birth I would think having a Hollywood is chicken feed! :lol:

Compared to giving birth I would think having a Hollywood is chicken feed! :lol:
Mmmm,you're right there Sass but Hollywoods are painful and at least when you're giving birth you have a wonderful present at the end with a Hollywood all you have is a very sore,thing me jig:)

Give me child birth over a brazillian any day of the week !

But you don't get an epidural during a hollywood
:lol: :lol:

Yes I too would rather give birth than have a hollywood/brazillian or even go to the dentist!

K x

Hi,

This isn't the first time she's having a Hollywood. I talked about it and she knows about the pain, and still she wants to go through with it.
For the hairs between bums i think indeed it would be best if she was lying on her side.

I also read trough te tutorial here about waxing and it says to use wax with strips. For the sensitive areas i always use hardwax without strips. Think i'm gonna go for that one, in my eyes it's alot less painful, no?

The appointment is on september 30th. In that time i'm gonna try and find a victime to practise on:)

Thanks for the advice!!

Whats a hollywood?!! I havent branched into beauty yet and reading this i'm petrified!!!

But you don't get an epidural during a hollywood
:lol: :lol:

Tell her you will go to the hospital and wax her after shes had her epidural! she wont feel a thing lol.

I would say that pregnant women can be more sensitive and bruise easier. Never having been pregant i cant say much about the pain. It may be slightly awkward to position her, and you will have to be careful when you are pulling the strips off that u dont knock her in the bump!

As a general rule, if she has very dense thick hair, i would advise that she has it done a little bit at a time, ie have some one week, then in a fortnight a bit more, and so on (depending how much time she has left that is!!)

If her hair isnt very thick and is quite sparse you shouldnt really have a problem taking it all off. or you could just do a bit on either side, then a bit more, keeping it equal on both sides till shes happy. then at least if she wants you to stop she wont be wonky!

Saying that, i would still say you should try it on a few people first. pregnant ladies can be awkward to position and its awkward enuff anyway the first few times!

x

I also read trough te tutorial here about waxing and it says to use wax with strips. For the sensitive areas i always use hardwax without strips. Think i'm gonna go for that one, in my eyes it's alot less painful, no?

do you mean 'hot wax', where you pull it off with your fingers?

I woldnt really use this on their bum, would you like someone poking around with their fingers there? i wouldnt. at least using soft wax and a strip the strip is always in between the client and you. theres that barrier that they feel more comfortable with!

I know alot of places prefer to use it as they say its better for the thicker hairs, but i wouldnt like the idea of not having that barrier! (myself, i cant see a difference, i get every last hair with my warm wax!)

I think hot wax can be too hot for the bottom,it can lead to the area being very sore afterwards.I am trained in both hot and warm wax but only use warm when doing a Hollywood.I would say that this method is fine and I dont have trouble removing all hairs with this method either.Good luck.Let us know how you get on.

Whats a hollywood?!! I havent branched into beauty yet and reading this i'm petrified!!!
All of it off :eek:

no thank you... not for me personally lol

Me too, I know it's very popular and a very lucrative area of business....I have young ladies come into the salon often whispering do you do Hollywood.....I just can't!!!

Me too, I know it's very popular and a very lucrative area of business....I have young ladies come into the salon often whispering do you do Hollywood.....I just can't!!!
It's a bit like if you hate feet,doing a pedicure.Once you get used to it it's no different than waxing an eyebrow.You dont think about what you're doing.I wear gloves when doing it.The only thing I'm thinking about is getting all the hair removed,making sure client is comfortable,keeping the skin taught and trying to relax my client and act as professional as I can.It's just another treatment.:)

yeah doesnt bother me at all!

seen one youve seen them all right?! lol.

yeah doesnt bother me at all!

seen one youve seen them all right?! lol.
LMAO that's what my Obstetrician told me everytime I had to drop 'em!!!

Its true!!!

I forget what im actually messin with sometimes!! I honestly just look at it as another body part, and nothing to be shy about!! :D

Latest posts

Back