Primer ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlynails

Reaction score
hi guys im using ezflow hd and couple of my friends were losing some nails they work in a bar so always bashing them any way i ordered some ezflow primer and they have stayed on this time but im getting bit of lifting could this be down to primer also one friend that has no trouble normaly but i used primer and now has lifting any ideas would be great thanks xx

Hi there, when using primer you have to be careful not to overuse it. When I am using EzFlow l&p I make sure that I wipe my primer brush on the inside of the primer bottle to get any excess off and then lightly press it on a lint free pad before I place it on the nail plate.

The other thing is to let it dry completely before you start to apply your l&p.

hth

Last edited:
Can I just ask, the one friend that normally has no problems but now has lifting after using primer... why did you change anything if she didn't have any lifting? I'd say if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Maybe try returning to your previous procedure and see if the lifting problem goes.

Hope I'm understanding what you've written correctly :)

How were your freinds loosing their nails? Were they broken or lifting or coming off whole?

HD is a primerless system, so as long as your prep and ratio is tip top, you shouldn't get any problems.

Also, if she has always worn a system before that requires a primer her nails are almost accustommed to it so to go directly to Not using a primer might cause some problems. HD is a primer OPTIIONAL system so a primer may be used if needed on problem clients. Make sure you don't flood the nail (dab it on almost dry) and make sure it dries fully before acrylic application.

on the person i dont normaly use primer on i just done it without thinking then she got lifting after a week the other ones working in a bar bash them alot so it can be chipped or of whole depends really so if i put to much primer on this causes lifting ? xx

on the person i dont normaly use primer on i just done it without thinking then she got lifting after a week the other ones working in a bar bash them alot so it can be chipped or of whole depends really so if i put to much primer on this causes lifting ? xx

The client's job specification can affect their enhancements, I know when I did hotel work, and we had to manually wash glasses, my enhancements didn't like the detergent used. Perhaps it's not so much the application or products used but the treatment that the enhancements get.

As in regard to the question of the primer, as I said earlier, use the correct quantity and you'll not go wrong. :hug:

The client's job specification can affect their enhancements, I know when I did hotel work, and we had to manually wash glasses, my enhancements didn't like the detergent used. Perhaps it's not so much the application or products used but the treatment that the enhancements get.

As in regard to the question of the primer, as I said earlier, use the correct quantity and you'll not go wrong. :hug:

I have been having some pretty major lifting problems and after ruling out all the basic problems that cause lifting, the one thing I keep coming back to is primer....... I was worried that I had not used enough as it's difficult to see where you have been with it as I am sure you understand.... so I was putting it on more thoroughly and had some clients coming back with bad lifting or in one case, total enhancement loss on 3 or 4 fingers!

Please assure me that if I reduce the amount of primer and blot it, I can probably cure my own problem!?!? I have been going crazy trying to figure it out and seem to have ruled out all other possible causes.

Thx L xx

I have been having some pretty major lifting problems and after ruling out all the basic problems that cause lifting, the one thing I keep coming back to is primer....... I was worried that I had not used enough as it's difficult to see where you have been with it as I am sure you understand.... so I was putting it on more thoroughly and had some clients coming back with bad lifting or in one case, total enhancement loss on 3 or 4 fingers!

Please assure me that if I reduce the amount of primer and blot it, I can probably cure my own problem!?!? I have been going crazy trying to figure it out and seem to have ruled out all other possible causes.

Thx L xx

Hi there, I see from your profile that you use Dream products, I am not familiar with these at all. However, I am sure the rules about the use of primer are pretty similar.

When primer is applied, and I am only going by Ezflow primer here, get as much primer as you can off the brush by wiping on the inside of the bottle, then blot on a lint free pad, then apply sparingly to the nail, it doesn't need to be applied like enamel. You then wait until the primer is dry before applying any product, you will know it is try when the nail takes on a white almost chalky appearance.

hth :)

Last edited:
hi guys im using ezflow hd and couple of my friends were losing some nails they work in a bar so always bashing them any way i ordered some ezflow primer and they have stayed on this time but im getting bit of lifting could this be down to primer also one friend that has no trouble normaly but i used primer and now has lifting any ideas would be great thanks xx

I'v had the same problems so this post has helped loads. im going to get some primer tomorow. Thank you all

i'm too confused to offer advice.
why use primer when they didn't lift?
why change?
don't blame primer, often with new techs it's more technique (rather than products)
Try and refine the cuticle area, post some pics for critique, this may help
Some products are better than others, but in reality they are all designed to work .......

Last edited:
thanks taken all advice on and i just started to refine cuticle bit more so hoping last ones i done are better fingers crossed thanks for all the help xx

Thx L xx

Now before you read this ....... I'm not being harsh .... BUT...

Essential nails is not the best training, pehaps you should do a one on one with a reputable company so you can have some individual advice from a real person, rather than a video.

Latest posts

Back