Pro Beauty 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Geeg, I will phone s2 on Tuesday

I have to say I felt for the 2 guys helping the q go from one side to the other with a break in the middle for walking traffic, people kept Qing thinking wow its not a huge long Q and then he would say "oh no sorry you have to go over there and out the door it's a 2 hours wait out there to get to here" people were omg, he said to me and my friend, I look at you ladies and know if we let anyone jump the Q you'll scratch or eyes out, made us all lol... Staff were awesome, S2 and excel, they had a hard job but kept smiling, even when at first the queue was a mess, hats of to them :)

Just got home. Picked up the new spring colours and additives as well as a few other offers that we're too good to miss. Had to queue for just over an hour from about 11.45 so not too bad I thought. Had a quick chat with Sam(uel) and Sam(antha) - great to see them there. Definitely worth the wait and great to have the new colours on launch day. The only problem now is deciding what to play with first.

had a fab day...was about the third person in the queue so by 10.20 had bought all my S2 goodies and headed for a coffee in the VIP bar next to it! Aliona from Strictly opened the show by cutting the ribbon but i just wanted to get to CND!!! cannot wait to play with all the new colours and glitters and foils i got xx

A bit off topic but when will the new additives and colours be released to purchase online for those that didn't make the show?

When i spoke to S2 on Friday they said the New Spring Shellac colours would go on sale Tuesday Morning 8am (shall be on the internet 08.01 !!!)
What are everyone's first impressions of the new colours now that we have our paws on them ????? :lol:

love the new colours but then i knew that i would, i have been asked for a lime green since getting shellac! the pale pink with glitter is very nice too xx

So the highs for me were spending the day with chicka,eating a fantastic pizza,hunting for Lynne Baker and finding her so I could take a quick look at her lovely face but she was very busy with customers was nice to see her though in the flesh.Sweet squared was really busy which is great to see and to just watch the croud getting excited about what there going to purchase and finally watching some of the competition.

Lows was being bounced around like a ping pong ball from person to person,people just stopping in walkways or dilly dallying like we've all got all day just to stop dead,being litterally beaten with shopping bags.Don't even get me started on the trolly dollies OMG they are a hazard to health and safety they should not be allowed.

Finally last but not least I think I came pretty close to getting murdered by batmans minder/girlfriend.He was having his picture taken by someone and I said Waw his costume is really good very batman ish as some of them were good but not life like and his minder shouted at me and said that's because he is the real god damn batman :eek:.I said to chicka I'm in shock do some of the comic fans actually think they are a real super heroes lol I'm not kidding you the look she gave me after was defo the death stare she was serious I Honistly think she believed he was the real batman and batman isn't just a comic caracter but he is the real deal Lmfao by this time we had had enough and came home lol.xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very proud! :hug: And it's not like we don't have lots of tills and lots of beautiful EA's manning the stand ... it's just sheer volume. We also have the most fabulous professionals who are so patient ... so many thanks for that. xxx

Gigi, were you at the show today?i would of come and said hi!i came back a few times to say hi to Samantha but it was soooo busy i didnt get to xx

We got there about 2pm after sitting in traffic for about an hour longer than we should have done. We only queued for half an hour and couldn't quite believe it! it did look like the were more tills though.
The guys manning the split in the queue had a challenge on their hands and one woman managed to sneek in and there were people trying to get in the queue from watching the demos too, but I had my eye on them!

The deals were amazing, I'm so pleased with everything I got today but it's just a shame I didn't get the chance to say hello to my lovely EA Lucy, as everyone looked so busy, or Lynne. But husband was so impressed with the S2 queue, I didn't want to push my luck and we left.

We are now back at our hotel, with husband asleep next to me (bless, they just can't handle the pace) and me thinking about what to order for dinner. :D

I really think we should've followed them around singing " na na na na na na na na BATMAN!" And shouting random batman villains' names. :lol: his costume was pretty cool though... Especially the fold out cape.

Lordy NO, I wasn't there. There is no way after 20+ years of doing shows that I could stand all day amongst so many people. Just couldn't cope with it. I'm done with all that now. The EVENT and similar sized things are what I like to do. We have all these beautiful young ones who are so accomplished and so skilled ... they do not need an oldie like me, cluttering up the place. :hug:

Lordy NO, I wasn't there. There is no way after 20+ years of doing shows that I could stand all day amongst so many people. Just couldn't cope with it. I'm done with all that now. The EVENT and similar sized things are what I like to do. We have all these beautiful young ones who are so accomplished and so skilled ... they do not need an oldie like me, cluttering up the place. :hug:

you are by no way old and all the young uns can learn plenty from you!glad i hadnt missed you though xx

Oh geez dont like the sound of the SS waiting :(
Think I may give that stand a miss.

Also thinking of leaving a little earlyer than planned by the sound of the traffic.

Cant wait to get some new bits and bobs and have a nice day out with the hubby. I am lucky with mine that he shows great intrest:lol:

Was Holly Schippers there? I met her at one of the shows last year (can't remember if it was Olympia or excel) but it was my best show yet. I had lots of one on one time with Holly and was lucky enough to get on the stage for not one but two demos! Also spent quite a bit of time with the CND EA's including my trainer Pamela Rohlf and said hello to Samuel! Very sad I couldn't make it to Pro this year but I'll definitely me at Olympia! Is anyone able to say what the S2 offers were? Just so I know what I'm missing! And in response to an earlier post I believe you can buy the new Shellac colours from S2's website from midnight on Monday... I can't remember where I heard that, may have even been a dream! :lol:

hahaha you should have made a 'KAPOW' sign and followed him around. his minder sounds as if he gives new meaning to the phrase bat crap crazy

When i spoke to S2 on Friday they said the New Spring Shellac colours would go on sale Tuesday Morning 8am (shall be on the internet 08.01 !!!)
What are everyone's first impressions of the new colours now that we have our paws on them ????? :lol:

I'm loving the colours! I wasn't sure at first but after seeing them demo'd on and by the EAs I love them. Cake pop is lovely especially with the new pink additive over it. I'm going to put one of each on my right hand and one of each with additive on my left to show clients as they look waaay better on.

Hubby is working late so I'm counting the minutes til I can get my babies in bed and play with my new colours! Will post pics later.

All those going tomorrow, get there either very early or very late, wear comfy shoes and prepare to wait! And have fun! :lol:

Oh geez dont like the sound of the SS waiting :(
Think I may give that stand a miss.

Also thinking of leaving a little earlyer than planned by the sound of the traffic.

Cant wait to get some new bits and bobs and have a nice day out with the hubby. I am lucky with mine that he shows great intrest:lol:

The queues wont be anything like as bad tomorrow. I wouldn't "give it a miss" if I were you! :lol: Plenty of reasons why people are prepared to queue. ;)

Holly wasn't there this year .. but we had the fantastic Wee Fee Wallace from TEAM CND who was demoing all day and she is equally amazing. No Divas at CND .. they are ALL stupendous and very approachable and each one is as wonderful in their own individual way as another ... A very unique group and the envy of all.

Last edited:
The queues wont be anything like as bad tomorrow. I wouldn't "give it a miss" if I were you! :lol: Plenty of reasons why people are prepared to queue. ;)

I hope not, beacuse I'm going tomorrow!!

Where can I download list of exhibitors? Professional Beauty has a list but impossible to print it out...

:lol: you crack me up! I can just imagine her getting all defensive with all the other batmans there. Will the real batman please stand up!

I didn't see you both today, but I didn't get there until two. I did however see some random bloke dressed in yellow, but didn't recognise any kind of character he wanted to be. I think he just liked the colour yellow and wearing a face mask.

Lets hope your right and the queues are not as bad. I want to have a look at the shellac and add some to my collection

Latest posts

Back