Problem with possible reaction - not sure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
the problem is this: I did a clients (and her mums) nails 5 weeks ago for a wedding. No problems there, nails looked fab, and both were very pleased with the result.

On Thursday my therapist had a phone call from the mother, saying that she had took her own acrylics off (using acetone) and that the daughter who had gone on honeymoon had hers took off while away (apparently by a CND tech). Heres the problem..... both have said that when the nails were off, the nailbed and surrounding skin was red and sore........

I told my therapist to get back to the "bride" and tell her that it sounds like they have developed a reaction (to what i couldnt say - the acetone or the CND products). the bride did state however that she was thrilled with her nails, and to take no notice of her mum, as she is a moaner. thing is - this is my rep on the line.

these two clients were also continually returning to a MMA salon - before coming to me. and apparently had done so for quite some time.

can anyone shed any light on this please - ive looked in my books etc, and it all seems to be coming back to a reaction - but have also been told that it takes months or years for an allergic reaction to develop - i just dont know how to advise these clients

xx

Hi,

Sounds to me that they have reacted to the product. They may have been getting nail enhancements for months before they came to you, and it may have been just bad luck, that they have reacted to your enhancements.

Maybe you coud tell them that they have reacted to L+P, and that the next time they get L+P done, the same thing may happen, due to over exposure, and that they could try gel enhancements instead?

hth x x

Hi,

Sounds to me that they have reacted to the product. They may have been getting nail enhancements for months before they came to you, and it may have been just bad luck, that they have reacted to your enhancements.

Maybe you coud tell them that they have reacted to L+P, and that the next time they get L+P done, the same thing may happen, due to over exposure, and that they could try gel enhancements instead?

hth x x

Yeah I have told them that it sounds like a reaction to me aswell. the mother was quite rude about it to my therapist, she said "she rattled on about the MMA salons,but she just as bad:eek: as you can imagine, this was quite hurtful.

as for applying gels, i dont think so.....i was told that if you have a reaction to l/p, chances are youll have a reaction to the other systems, as they all possess the same chemicals, so i wont be taking any chances

:hug:

Was the skin surrounding the nailbed not red and sore before removal? If an unqualified person removes enhancements themselves, there is a big chance that they will cause damage to the nailbed. Did you notice damage to their nailbeds when you were doing their nails?

Where did the mother get the acetone to remove her enhancements? You didn't remove the daughters nails either and perhaps the technician who removed them was a bit rough as can be common in a lot of salons.

I think to contact you 5 weeks after getting the nails done is rather rich. You cannot be held responsible. I think you should explain to them why YOU cannot be held responsible. They should have came to you to get them removed properly. Also if the mother continues to go on about you causing damage etc, I think you should threaten her with legal action for slander. That would shut her up!

Chin up babe and do not be blaming yourself!:hug:

as for applying gels, i dont think so.....i was told that if you have a reaction to l/p, chances are youll have a reaction to the other systems, as they all possess the same chemicals, so i wont be taking any chances

:hug:[/quote

Don't know if it will help but I wanted to let you know, because of my overexpossure problem I can't wear L&p anymore but I'm fine with Brisa Gel.

Was the skin surrounding the nailbed not red and sore before removal? no idera chris. If an unqualified person removes enhancements themselves, there is a big chance that they will cause damage to the nailbed. Did you notice damage to their nailbeds when you were doing their nails?no damage was present when i removed the brides nails, thankfully, she had been to the local nss

Where did the mother get the acetone to remove her enhancements? sallys i think.You didn't remove the daughters nails either and perhaps the technician who removed them was a bit rough as can be common in a lot of salons. apparently she was cnd trained. but dont know for sure

I think to contact you 5 weeks after getting the nails done is rather rich. You cannot be held responsible. I think you should explain to them why YOU cannot be held responsible. They should have came to you to get them removed properly. Also if the mother continues to go on about you causing damage etc, I think you should threaten her with legal action for slander. That would shut her up! yeah if she does contact me, i will be telling her that firstly she should have rang ME and not the therapist

:hug:[/quote

Don't know if it will help but I wanted to let you know, because of my overexpossure problem I can't wear L&p anymore but I'm fine with Brisa Gel.

thanks for that :hug:

If they had a reaction to the nails that you had put on this would have been evident within 24 hrs surely ?,

i think its more to do with the removal product or procedure, hth :hug:

If they had a reaction to the nails that you had put on this would have been evident within 24 hrs surely ?,

i think its more to do with the removal product or procedure, hth :hug:

Hello,

I agree with this, i had a clieant last week that said that she had red spots on her nails and she was in agony after having gels!! i went straight over to find that she had picked every nail off, and the reason there was red spots was because they were bruised as she had taken the top of her natural nail off too.

I called the company i use (light box) and they advised that if she was to get a reaction from the product i used then she would know about it straight away, so i dont think this has anything to do with you, i think she is looking for a freebie by having a moan!!

Good Luck

Stacey :hug:

I din't think you should guess what is happening on a description from a disgruntled client. You'll only know for sure by looking at them.

If they were happy with their nails when they left you and didn't call with a problem then went to another salon (or took them off themselves) then nothing is your fault (other than very specific client education during their appointment which I'm sure you did!)

If you're worried about your reputation, get them back in

I fail to see anything that would leed me to believe your treatment caused these women any problems but lots of reasons to believe that the removal of their nails has.

Thanks for all your replys

Ive now got to the bottom of it - they BOTH took their own nails off and helped them on the way

the bride has reassured me that she doesnt hold me responsible and that she will be returning in the near future so that she can have her nails done for her holidays

yey

Latest posts

Back