Prof beauty cancelled?? Or am I going mad!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Kirsty, I know how you were looking forward to this, we're all gutted chick.

Just spoke to Kirsty Meakin and she's not a happy bunny either :hug: xx

I JUST SPOKE TO TRICKY ON THE PHONE AND I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS ITS VERY STRANGE!!??!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :Scared: :grr: :cry: :Scared: :grr: :cry: :Scared: :grr: :cry:

I can feel your pain kirsty !!
I'm bummed ! so can't imagine how you girls who were competing feel xx

Get yourself on Vicky's 'vent it' thread!! xx

just when i knew what i was going to do and started it all, i'm lost for words i'm going to have to sleep on it first!!!!!!!!!

have they given a reason at all? or have you just read what is on the web site, what i mean is have you had anything in writing from them ?

Nothing its really funny actually because normally i have tickets through the post almost everyday to the exhibitions and i haven't had any and it wasn't in Scratch, do i smell something fishy going on lol ??????

Nothing its really funny actually because normally i have tickets through the post almost everyday to the exhibitions and i haven't had any and it wasn't in Scratch, do i smell something fishy going on lol ??????

will you stop nicking my fancy french ideas :lol:

oh flip i forgot for a minute it canceled pmsl

will you stop nicking my fancy french ideas :lol:

oh flip i forgot for a minute it canceled pmsl

Stop you are just too funny lol

errrr .. maybe they have known for a while .. but I've not even had my scratch yet either !!

did have a leaflet for Manchester this week ssooo hopefully alls well there xx

Trying to get my head around this......... unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first comp as well.
Been working soooo hard on this, spent stupid amounts of money, so I totally sympathise with everyone who's been knocked about by this!!

To be honest , I'm bloody fuming!

I mean leaving it all that time and suddenly canceling it a month before!

I'm going to make some phone calls tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!:irked:

Yeah, I imagine there's a few people dreading going in work tomorrow!!

I've got a Tardis and a Dalek to return to Manchester Science and Industry Museum, preferably without anyone noticing :eek: !!

Im lost for words to! I was informed by Professional Beauty/Emap yesterday and have been in a state of trance ever since.

Please refer to the press release on the website for more information. I know that this decision has not been taken lightly and they do apologise to anyone that this has caused inconveience to.

I have been asked to be the point of contact for the geeks so if any of you have questions or need to talk, please call me at the ANT on 0208 302 2020. I get a feeling my PM box will be jammed so please also email me at [email protected]. I have clients from 10-2 today but will be in the ANT office til about 8pm tonight.

All paid competitiors for the nail competition will be contacted personally by me or Sue Davies (ANT secretary). You can have your entry transfered to Manchester or Excel or we can arrange a refund. If you payment has only just been sent, your cheque or C/C will not be cleared and you will recieve a call or letter from us. I am so sorry about the comp. I have worked very hard, and i know Denise has to, writing all the new rules but these will all still be the same for Manchester. (Except photo/combined nail art theme will be Geisha). I feel for those who have already put so much effort into their preperation.

I will also be contacting all the the speakers in the ANT Forum.

If you are reading this and i have not contacted you yet, please give me a little time as i have a rather long list.

I am just as gutted as you guys..............................

Soooo gutted about this. Only reason I was going was for the comps. Inconvenient for everyone, esp those who are travelling a long way and have accommodation already booked and paid for...:grr::grr::grr:
I know this is a bit of a long shot (!) but is there any way the comps could still go ahead in smaller premisis somewhere? Trying not to give up all hope! Looks like we'll just have to wait till Oct tho WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!

Lou, maybe you could use that Tardis you 'borrowed' to go back in time and make the big wigs change their minds! Just a thought...

I just cannot beleive this!! How incredibly unprofessional.

I booked my ticket to London (from Israel) in April to be there for the exhibition, made child care arrangements for my son to start his first week back at nursery without me (hell have his dad but hes at work until late at night)
WTF are they thinking?!?!?
Furious and in utter shock, is there anyone we can complain to?
Proffesional beauty by a#se!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Im getting a migraine now.....

I was still able to register for tickets for this show last night!!

I wasn't doing any comps but was really looking forward to this show as wasn't able to go to the last couple.

Bloody annoying!!!!

Does anyone know if there will be a boxed nail art competition at Manchester?
ANT on answerphone....probably busy will frustrated geeks calling!

Sam xx

yes hun i think this is an on going thing i hope so i have already started mine???

well i have calmed down, i suppose cos there is nothing we can do there is no point, i'm just gonna have to get my arse in gear for the next one WWWOOOHHHOOO yay Geishe bye bye doctor who it wasn't a pleasure lol!!!

Think i'm gonna have to start going to the gym tho to prepare myself as i fly back from florida on the saturday and then probably entering as many catories as possible to make up for this one that we will miss!!!!!

Just want to say to all the geeks who were going to compete and have forked out money on travel, etc. that I really feel for you. I'm disappointed as I was looking forward to going but you must all be fuming! :hug:

Latest posts

Back