Profile Interference

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have stated twice already that it has nothing at all to do with rep in any way shape or form.

If you disable your rep does it not get rid of the comments like "head weighs 8lbs" etc??
I'm confused now :lol:

Im confused by the whole thread......

Sure, but that wouldn't have change the fact that her search appeared as high as it did. In fact, it would have shown in the exact same place with the title 'Spray Tan for larger ladies?'. But in the text under the link (where the preview is) it would have said '... has disabled reputation...' instead of '..head weighs 8 lbs...'

In other words, the same exact problem would exist. The reason why the search results appear is because the page in question has a lot of the key words she is searching for: Spray, Tan, Stoke and Poges. It doesn't have anything to do with the reputation tags. The reputation sayings are a red herring.

Okay..I'm with ya now:)

In answer to Judy if you disable rep it does diappear off your prfile BUT IT

STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED TO CAROL AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REP!

IT HAS TO DO WITH BOTS INDEXING THE SITE AND DUE TO THE FACT

THAT CAROL WAS POSTING ON THE 'SAID THREAD!

AND YES I AM SHOUTING!!!! :idea::lol:

Im confused by the whole thread......

I'm only confused about how someone could get their knickers so twisted about something everyone else finds so funny. I'm sure my head weighs more than 8lbs.... how can I weigh it?

Well it's been stressed so many times now even I got it :lol:

Lets hope Carol does too!

FWIW, I have now emailed her twice with the simple solution: Remove Stoke and Poge from her location field and she will remove half of the keywords that Google found. Once Google re-indexes the thread in question, typing Spray Tan Stoke Poge will most likely not bring up the page she posted in regardless of how heavy her head is.

In answer to Judy if you disable rep it does diappear off your prfile BUT IT

STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED TO CAROL AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REP!

IT HAS TO DO WITH BOTS INDEXING THE SITE AND DUE TO THE FACT

THAT CAROL WAS POSTING ON THE 'SAID THREAD!

AND YES I AM SHOUTING!!!! :idea::lol:

:lol: I hear you....:lol:
Bloomin bots.....eh?

Mine just says im in la la land !!!!

No suprise there then....I feel like I am.

This is actually just plain ridiculous.

You participated in a thread about spray tanning overweight women. Google indexed it like it does billions of other pages on the web. You put a search in Google for keywords and that thread you participated in ranks high. This has NOTHING to do with anything we have done nor does it have anything to do with rep.

Google shows a 'preview' part of the web page results with each search that it thinks are relevant to your search. The 'Human Head' thing was part of that preview and as such, I thought that was your problem. Let me just be clear now - that is a preview of the results of the search, the search is there because you (under your business name) participated in a thread about spray tanning overweight women. The Human Head thing could have been anything and it still wouldn't have changed the results. Fiona tried to change your rep, but that won't make a blind bit of difference to anything but the preview. Furthermore it will take ages for Google to re-index it and notice the change.

So you see, you were the one that got yourself onto Google. Anytime you post on a web site that anyone can view, the same thing will happen.

We do not control Google, do not ask them to index the site, do not publish anything to them, they do what search engines do: index billions of pages so people can find information on the web.

If you want to know WHY Google showed what it shows... this is your search:

Spray Tan Stoke Poges

Here is Googles cache of that page, nicley highlighting the frequency of the keywords you have typed in:

Spray tan for larger ladies?? - Salon Geek

Welcome to the world wide web. nJoy :)

What he said :)

Actually, if you put "spray tan stoke poges" into Google, then the 1st two are for spray tanning in Stoke Poges and Sunspray is in the top two. Salongeeks listing doesn't come up until you scroll down to 4th and 5th listing.

If I put Redsadie in Google, I actually come up in the first 8 out of the 10 on the first page, and the 2nd listing says I love the smell of napalm in the mornings! If I was to put my username as Beauty Fusions then I would be well happy as then my business would come up and I'm sure no-ne would bat an eyelid at the napalm comment as they would realise once they clicked on the link that it's a forum. But no-one is going to search for Redsadie are they???

I think it's a good thing that you used your business name as your username and come up in the listings on the first page Sunspray, this site can get you ranked very high whether it says you love napalm or your head weighs 8lbs! My head weighed 8 lbs not so long ago :)

Just my 2 cents :hug:

ooooooo. Well if she didnt want it to come up on a search, she shouldnt have answered. This is a case of not knowing the way the world wide web works.
Anything posted on a site will be found somewhere, somehow and the mods have absolutely nothing to do with how they are brought up by the google search.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have now emailed her twice with the simple solution: Remove Stoke and Poge from her location field and she will remove half of the keywords that Google found. Once Google re-indexes the thread in question, typing Spray Tan Stoke Poge will most likely not bring up the page she posted in regardless of how heavy her head is.

I know this is a very serious thread! but I am PMSL at that it's made my day xx

What he said :)

Actually, if you put "spray tan stoke poges" into Google, then the 1st two are for spray tanning in Stoke Poges and Sunspray is in the top two. Salongeeks listing doesn't come up until you scroll down to 4th and 5th listing.

If I put Redsadie in Google, I actually come up in the first 8 out of the 10 on the first page, and the 2nd listing says I love the smell of napalm in the mornings! If I was to put my username as Beauty Fusions then I would be well happy as then my business would come up and I'm sure no-ne would bat an eyelid at the napalm comment as they would realise once they clicked on the link that it's a forum. But no-one is going to search for Redsadie are they???

I think it's a good thing that you used your business name as your username and come up in the listings on the first page Sunspray, this site can get you ranked very high whether it says you love napalm or your head weighs 8lbs! My head weighed 8 lbs not so long ago :)

Just my 2 cents :hug:

I was trying to say just that but couldn't get it to read right :lol: Thats exactly my thoughts on it too. :hug:

Oh i just found it ...............lol Ive got laser envy ........What ive actually got is Gel envy for anyone who can get it right !!!! AARgghhhhhh

I where my underpants on the outside!! Only at weekends though I must add lol

ooooooo. Well if she didnt want it on a search she shouldnt have answered. This is a case of not knowing the way the world wide web works.
Anything posted on a site will be found somewhere somehow and the mods have aboslutely nothing to do with that.

Presumably, this thread is going to find its way onto Google too.... :lol:

I feel that an apology needs to be made to Sam and Fiona (said administrators) as they've been accused of something they haven't done, interfering with profiles isn't something that goes on here and I'm unhappy that anyone could think such a thing in the first place, let alone do a thread about it :eek:

On a lighter note, thank your lucky stars you have an "8lb head" (clip from Jerry Maguire)...
...and not "has a pencil up their nose and says wibble" (Monty Python) :lol:

I was confused.......Then I wasn't ...Then I was again, Now Sheryl has unconfused me again ...
So is the O/P miffed off that if someone is to search her business, they will find her salon geek posts..

Or is it just the head weighs 8lb thing ???

Val how do you get your messenger icon on your messages? x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back