Puttin it down to experience! (long thread!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
HI,
I have had a rather uncomfortable experiecne recently with a client who had become a regular over the past 5 months. This lady had been coming to me for nails for around 5 months, and i knew she was intrested in artificial nails, from all the questions she asked me. This lady is already qual in mani/pedi, and asked me if i would give her an hour "taster" lesson in artificial nails, before she went on to train with a large company. Now as you all know, im mega busy, so i refused, however the lady managed to persuade me for an hour of my time, and i was going to charge her for my time and she was goin to bring her own materiels etc. I made it clear to her that this would by no means be a qualification, and she must absolutely NOT think she is qualified, and she said she understood, and if she enjoyed the lesson she would book onto a full course. Now i since found out that the lady in question is actually fully qualified, in all beauty treatments, inc artificial nails. She also had recently tried to buy a salon only 1 mile away from mine. So you can imagine how annoyed i was that she hadnt told me, and that she had lied, and that she was in the process of buying her own salon. I decided that i would confront her, tell her i was unsure of her motives, and that i was retracting all of her appts from my appt book, and no longer required her as a customer. I really felt this lady was spying, and snooping around to find thigs out, and she made me feel uneasy and like she was ready to make a fool out of me. So there you go, it shows you that you cannot trust a soul, which is a shame really, but you live and you learn. Good luck to her and her own business, and lets hope she doesnt come across a situation like this herself in the future!

With clients like this who needs enemies?
What a cow!

Hummmm, I was only discussing with someone today how you have no friends in business ...... this just proves it!!!!:irked:

What a shame for you but a hard lesson learnt hun XXXXX

WOW...how cheeky! You are right, can't trust anyone! I am too trusting and have gotten the short end of the stick more than once. Not in the same way you have of course but I used to go out of my way for a certain few clients. Either I would come in on days off or stay late or arrange for someone to look after my little girl and I would come in early. I never got tipped a penny and later these certain few clients fobbed me around on appointments and ended up going to another salon....turns out they are spending twice as much and arn't happy with their nails so ha ha on them. Sorry got way off track there but just venting about not trusting clients.

Im a beauty therapist (and naildesigner) and i have a "friend" who is opening a salon, and she asks me for advice and ideas when she calls me and when we meet, for her salon. What i didn't tell her yet, is that im about to open a salon myself, and i don't want to give her any advice and i don't want to get any ideas from her either. So, its really really annoying with people like that. When you run your own business, you have to be independent enough, and manage things on your own. My "friend" here, even asked me what to name her salon! So now im avoiding her, because all is about her salon... Its so annoying with people like that! :mad:

I can imagine how betrayed you feel. Although she is already qaualified in artificial nails, she obviously has a long way to go yet otherwise she wouldn't be asking you to train her. Take it as a compliment that she chose you to snoop on. Don't let her dishearten you and, if she opens up near you, don't fret just continue giving your clients the best service and they'll stay loyal.:hug:

I agree with Chris. Why if your already trained would you go investigating other thechs work? Lack of confidence maybe.
Anyway good to see that you have a positive approach to the situation. Move on and forget her, dont eat yourself up over it as your doing well and your work and everything you have built up in your empire id through your determination and love for the industry.
Good for you

I rightly agree. This lady does not feel confident with her own work, and perhaps she thought that if i could spare her an hour she would be able to become a good a tech as i am? Now thats down to hard work, not fobbing someone a few quid for an hour one saturday! HA!! LOL!!
Im not worried shes my competition, as shes not, although any competition is good i think. The main thing that peed me off is that she chose to lie to me, and was not bothered about making me look a fool when i found out at a later date that she had bought a salon. Anyhow, good luck to her i say, what you give out you get back twice over i believe!

Hi
Don't let people like this worry you.
There is plenty of nail business for all good geeks
We all have problems with rivals..but rise above them..if they are looking at your salon..then..they are not sure of them selves.
good luck
jenny

I have been through a similar experience this week, read my thread about my WORST day in my nail career.

It really throws you when you feel you have been betrayed doesnt it?:irked:

I always do the "right" thing by people (not only my clients but anyone) and when you dont get the same respect back, you feel awful, its a terrible feeling to experience what lengths a person can go to to be sneaky at your expense.

The thing that got me the most upset, was that after 3 1/2 years of REALLY hard work to build up my reputation, it can all go down the toilet after a few lies/comments from a vindictive person, and I didnt know how to fix it.

I feel for you, try not to let them worry you, I always learn something from things like this and it sounds like you have too. xx:hug:

i'd make sure she has lots of no shows if you get my drift waste her time and lose her money like she done to you revenge is sweet in my opinion!!

Latest posts

Back