Question about moles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
If anyone can advise I'd be grateful.

I have a mole like a small "beauty spot" above my lip. My 2 year old son scratched my face the other day, he keeps scratching a lot.

Anyway he's taken the TOP off the mole completely, it bled for quite a while and then stopped. I'm now left with a very unsightly thing on my face. It is sore around the edges and slightly raised. There's a kind of hole in the middle where the scar hasn't knitted together. Yuk

When I was doing treatments I noticed a few clients looking at my this thing on my face.

Not only am I finding it embarassing, it is also quite sore and I am worried what will happen now.

I presume a new "mole" will grow where the old one was, but I really can't be sure.

Is it worth a trip to the doctors? I am going tomorrow for something with my other son so I will mention it, I just wanted to ask that's all as it is bothering me.

Thanks

I would get it checked to be on the safe side, you just never know with moles. I have a mole just a bit bigger than a 1 pence and have to get it check every year to make sure theres no change, so I am sure if it was damaged in any way I would have to get it checked.
Sorry I couldn`t be of more help. x

If you are going anyway I'd get it checked. I have a huge patch of moles on my thigh which I get looked at every so often and its always fine but its worth it anyway for peace of mind!
Lx

As you are going to the doctors i would ask just to put your mind at rest,

i had one on the end of my nose of all places and didn't like it as a child so i would sit and pick at it,
it now has no pigment to it and is not really noticeable any more but it never caused a problem, hth :hug:

I have one in exactly the same place. Whilst training at college on lip waxing, the clumsy person waxing me ripped off the top of it. I went to the doctors just to be on the safe side. He told me to not touch it and all the usual stuff and just to keep my eye on it to be sure it didnt get infected or get any bigger. It took a little while to heal and i did put aloe vera on it just because it was quite uncomfortable.
Get it checked just to be on the safe side chick xxx

I agree, ooowch, get it checked out, your only going to worry about it otherwise.
x

I would get it checked out too, if you are worried about it, however, I had my boyfriend accidently scratch a rather large mole off my back, and it bled like crazy and was pretty tender for a bit, and eventually that went away and a new mole appeared in its place.

How did u get on chick? xxx

I have one in exactly the same place. Whilst training at college on lip waxing, the clumsy person waxing me ripped off the top of it. I went to the doctors just to be on the safe side. He told me to not touch it and all the usual stuff and just to keep my eye on it to be sure it didnt get infected or get any bigger. It took a little while to heal and i did put aloe vera on it just because it was quite uncomfortable.
Get it checked just to be on the safe side chick xxx
Good advice make sure you watch it for any change or not healing right. When i first started doing hair i combed over my mothers mole on her face a few times, she noticed one day it was getting darker and changing (looking infected) Anyway she went and had it checked and it was removed and tested, Came back cancerous or maybe precancerous. Not that yours is but if it keeps getting scratched you could have a problem. I would get it checked if I were you and keep a close eye on it. Maybe you could cover it when around your son to keep from getting scratch again. :)

Thanks all, it is growing back nicely I am pleased to say (wouldn't think I'd say that but it's part of me and I missed it lol):)

Latest posts

Back