Question about pedi's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roseblanc

Reaction score
I have a question... how many of you ladies do pedicures? Is it big business? I don't do pedicures as I have a serious phobia of feet (lol, dont ask!) - and I'm wondering if this is really gonna hurt business for me.

hi hun i would have to say that at my salon my main work is waxing and pedicures its very rare to have a day without a pedicure and you do make good profit on pedicures. Do you work alone as at the salon i used to work for my boss was the same not liking feet so she used to book them all in with me. Have you done many pedicures before? because maybe if you start doing friends and family abit more it may help to break that barrier that you have with feet!:hug:

Hiya! Great advice above! I do quite a few pedicures in my salon, clients love them and they're great for offers. I often do a mini manicure free with every pedicure and its really popular.
Posted via Mobile Device

This has been one of the biggest growth areas in our salon - for years!!!! Every year it gets better, I can't recommend it highly enough.

First thing to do, go and have a luxury spa pedicure done yourself, doing this changed my whole perspective on 'feet' and I've never looked back.

Do you offer gel? Gel toes done as part of a pedicure is huge business for us from April to September. As well as normal pedicures, of course:)

In the Winter months, we don't do as many but still do plenty, people see it as a nice warming pamper treat.

Go for it and Good Luck!

i love doing pedicures its fab , especially if you get a client that like the spa ones !! they are fab for business :green: i find doing pedicures really relaxing , :lol: i must be odd , lol xx

hiya guys
I do pedi's i love doing them i love seeing people just sit there relax and drift puts a smile on my face many people think that feet are smelly and so on i remember when i was back at college a girl felt the same she couldnt get her self to do feet it was just a thing she couldnt do our teacher had said that our feet dont come incontact with our normal every day life touching germs ect our feet are closed and protected and you always put your disifectant products in your water so you shouldnt feel uncomfy puts more cash in your pocket and puts a huge smile on your face when you see your clients relax and enjoy there pampering hope that helped a little

I love doing pedicure they are the best ,very relaxing. Also the client feet look so much better after you have finished, and the client is relaxed and happy with her treatment.Cant do with out them.xxxxx

In my opinion, pedis are more satisfying for clients than manis. Peeps just lurve to have their feet soaked, massaged and prettied up. On a whole, you earn more from a pedi than a mani.

I think you will definitely risk losing revenue if you don't include pedicures in your services.

You said not to ask, but what is your phobia with feet? It might help to discuss it? Is it manky, smelly feet? Is it toe jam? Let's see if we can help you.

In my opinion, pedis are more satisfying for clients than manis. Peeps just lurve to have their feet soaked, massaged and prettied up. On a whole, you earn more from a pedi than a mani.

I think you will definitely risk losing revenue if you don't include pedicures in your services.

You said not to ask, but what is your phobia with feet? It might help to discuss it? Is it manky, smelly feet? Is it toe jam? Let's see if we can help you.

lol Mrs Clooney toe jam!! :lol:

I think you will find that pedicures attract the ladies who actually have quite nice feet and want to keep them that way. They are potentially a big part of your business.

People with problem feet usually go to a chiropodist who is trained to cope with the more manky 'feet' things.

I love doing pedis too. I think they are relaxing for the therapist as well as the client. x

In the beginning I shied away from pedis for the same reason. Now it's my favourite treatment.

As Gigi said most pedi clients have nice feet anyway, or at least that has been my experience.

Hi , every one
Have somebody tried pedy with doctor fish?
I want to buy for my own salon , but it is quite a big investment so I would like to have some references.
Do somebody have experinece with them?
Is it easy to take care of the fishes?

I do quite a lot of pedicures and in fact can think of 3 ladies off the top of my head that only have this service.

Even during the winter months, I find that my clients like to keep their feet up to scratch and so I offer 4 types of pedi to suit all pockets - Spa Pedi, Raw Earth, Solar (shortly changing to Sweet almond) and a standard one using the Scentsations products.

I have found that once a client has got used to looking at nicely shaped nails with the cuticle work done and any hard skin under control, they find it hard to resist coming back.

I'm not the biggest fan of pedis as i'm a bit like you and dont really like feet!!! I do however do quite a few especially with the spring/summer on the horizon! I think like said above you dont tend to get people with manky feet comming for them so that may halp a bit. Good luck if you decide to offer them xx

When I first started at college I hated doing them as I hated feet, would'nt ever touch them unless I had to, but I got over it, I had to or I would have failed the course :rolleyes:.

These days I just love doing pedis, its great at the start of the summer when someone has on their "winter" feet and I can transform their feet into pretty "summer" ones. But also during the winter to know you have pretty feet all tucked up in socks and boots is a lovely feeling.

I still really hate to have my own feet touched, so I do my own pedis, even then I squeak and squwk, my hubs falls about laughing :lol:.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi , every one
Have somebody tried pedy with doctor fish?
I want to buy for my own salon , but it is quite a big investment so I would like to have some references.
Do somebody have experinece with them?
Is it easy to take care of the fishes?

I'm sure I read something saying there is questionable hygiene using them as the clients will be putting their feet in the same water as you wouldn't be able to change it every client without killing the fish! Also in larger shared tanks the fish all rush to the person with the most hard skin. It's novel but I'm not sure it's exactly professional as such!

This may interest you, I just found it after doing a search "doctor fish hygiene" on google.
http://darrengarnick.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/fish-pedicures-banned/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back