Quick and easy recipes to make after a busy day.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Hi everyone,

Im sure there are some of you, like me, who like to cook a quick and tasty meal or snack, without it taking forever to prepare, especially after a long and busy day. I thought maybe I would share some of mine with you and maybe get to hear about yours too.

Chicken Wraps. Takes about 10 mins from start to finish.

Buy some tortilla wraps

Chicken fillets cut into small pieces and fried in a little olive oil.

Rocket leaves or salad leaves of your choice

Ceasar dressing

When the chicken is cooked, add to the wrap and load with salad leaves and then add the ceasar dressing and wrap. You can also add a few pine nuts for added texture. This is a lovely wrap!

Another quick one: Again takes about 10 mins from start to finish.

Steam or lightly boil brocolli and sugar snap peas or long beans or whatever veg you like. In a separate pan, add a little garlic and olive oil and fry the garlic for about 10 seconds. When the veg is lightly cooked, add it to the garlic and olive oil and just toss and then stir in a little peanut butter. Cook some noodles and when cooked add to pan and toss the whole lot together and sprinkle with soy sauce. This is a lovely dish. You can also add chicken or beef to this.

Just a couple of recipes to get you going.

I use my slow cook pot alot, I prepare it the night before & put it on low first thing then all ready for finishing work!!

Curry!!

Get a blender and bung in an onion, a tin of chopped tomatoes, a garlic clove and a tablespoon of curry powder (my mum mixes mine for me but I sometimes just do Garam masala) whizz it all up, then in a pan fry off your chicken a bit or whatever you Use, then launch in the sauce and I also put in mushrooms, then cook for about 20 mins. Maybe not that quick but v easy!!

Baked chicken!

Get a chicken breast and butterfly it. Put inside some garlic paste, feta cheese and red pesto. Wrap in tin foil and bake for 20 mins! Easy!!!

Just got ingredients for Jamie O's fishcakes, dead easy, (I'm going to use left-over mash for filling instead of preparing from scratch, and serve with a ready prepared salad), and for a vegetable curry which we'll have tomorrow, not in salon on Thursday(!) - cheating by using a Meena jar of sauce, but lovely fresh courgettes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes etc.

I quite often cook 2 or 3 meals on a day off and then they're in the fridge.

Oh what a great thread ... everyone on this site needs recipes like this at least once a week!! I don't get home before 7.00 any night of the week and I'm going to print these off and try them all.

Thank you!!!

Jacqui xx

I love tacos and there so quick and easy, fry mince add spices chopup salad and ur done, mmmm!!

Another huge taco fan.

Also fish and frozen shrimp, its so quick and easy.

I love using rice noodles. You can make a stir fry out of pretty much anything and the noodles take all of 3 or 4 mins to cook.

I like stirfry that's always quick and easy

Another quickie for noodle lovers.

Add a tiny bit of olive oil to a pan and add finely chopped garlic, ginger and chilli (red and green) and cook for a few seconds. Make up some chicken stock and add to pan containing the garlic etc and cook for a few mins. Add some noodles to the pan of hot stock and cook for a few mins. Sprinkle with spring onions. This is a lovely noodle soup.

Boil some baby potatoes. (these can be cooked the night before to save time)

Thinly slice chicken fillets or beef

Add to a pan with a little oil and garlic and fry for about 10 mins (maybe less). In the last two mins of cooking, throw in some spring onions and season with salt & ground pepper (optional).

Add the cooked potatoes to the pan and toss and then add lashings of soy sauce.

You can also add green beans or veg of your choice and maybe some chillies if you want to spice it up.

Let me know if you are finding these quick and easy meals useful and I will continue to add more as I think of them x

Chop up chicken breasts (or use whole) brush with curry paste (I use pataks tikka masala) and oven cook for 15 mins, great with salad, new potatoes or wedges!

Cook pasta and use some stir in sauce, or pesto for another quick meal!

I have a book called 4 ingredients and every recipe has 4 ingredients. Its a best seller and the recipes are quick and tasty.
Here is one. Chicken breasts, fruit chutney ( ie mango), cheese and mustard. Mix together equal amounts of chutney and mustard and coat chicken pieces. Put grated cheese on top and cook in oven til ready.:)

I have a book called 4 ingredients and every recipe has 4 ingredients. Its a best seller and the recipes are quick and tasty.
Here is one. Chicken breasts, fruit chutney ( ie mango), cheese and mustard. Mix together equal amounts of chutney and mustard and coat chicken pieces. Put grated cheese on top and cook in oven til ready.:)

Yum, like the sound of this book. Whats it called?

Hi,
The book is called "4 ingredients". Over a million copies sold and the authors are 2 Austrailian mums.
Kim McCoskar and Rachael bermingham:)

Hi,
The book is called "4 ingredients". Over a million copies sold and the authors are 2 Austrailian mums.
Kim McCoskar and Rachael bermingham:)

Yep Im looking up the book to buy right now ! sounds fab !x

This is realy basic im no great cook. Boil up some pasta, when its ready drain it and put back in the pan with a tin of chopped tomatoes and some mixed dried herbs, and vedge of your choice, eg, sundried tomatoes, olive, or sweetcorn and mushrooms, sugersnap peas. If you like meat, then some chopped ham, bit of bacon etc. Plate it up and sprincle grated cheese over the top! So easy, and also kid friendly as its full of vedge but its not got any hot flavours ether. You can also put a bit of coldslaw on the side, but of bread etc. Requires no cooking realy except boiling the pasta. Or get the 2 min in the microwave pasta packets, poor over the tomatoes and vedge and heat, then its super quick, and quiet healthy too! x

Latest posts

Back