Healthy recipes let's share!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
Well I see a few threads about weight loss and cutting out certain foods ect I just thought it would be good to share our healthy recipes as I always eat the same foods and run out of ideas.

A one I do is lemon chicken.
3 x chicken breast
3 x lemons
Mint
4 x cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil

Pop the three breast in a casserole dish cut two of the lemons and place in dish and squeeze the last lemon over the chicken.
Sprinkle over fresh mint add the gloves of garlic a splash of oil and salt with pepper.
Cook for about half hour on 200 then enjoy.
I serve with boiled pots and baby corn and green beans.
Xx

Oh, my boys will love this... healthy recipes, bring em on !!!! :idea:

Great thread lila :)

Oh, my boys will love this... healthy recipes, bring em on !!!! :idea:

Great thread lila :)

Let's hope I get more ideas or I'll be stuck with my lemon chicken ;) xx

My lot like chicken with peppers.. fry chicken in olive oil (i pour oof the fat), add diced green pepper, onion, garlic and fry. Then you can add wine or stock and tin tomatoes, tomatoe puree, bay leaf herbs and seasoning..cook for 45 mins. Serve with rice ..

My lot like chicken with peppers.. fry chicken in olive oil (i pour oof the fat), add diced green pepper, onion, garlic and fry. Then you can add wine or stock and tin tomatoes, tomatoe puree, bay leaf herbs and seasoning..cook for 45 mins. Serve with rice ..

Great another to try :) x

My 16 year old eats volumns, but it has to be healthy. He likes, for a snack, pasta with pasta sauce and chopped ham, or scrambled egg on toast with ham.

Another is chicken breast flattened out with rolling pin, with light phillidelpia mixed with fresh basil, salt and pepper places in the middle.
Roll it up and wrap in Parma ham and stick a cocktail stick in to keep in place!
Not sure if that's 100% healthy but tasty x

Fajitas but instead of the wraps use an iceberg lettuce leaf and no sour cream, cheese etc.

Chicken stuffed with mushrooms & garlic wrapped in bacon with all fat removed. Pop it in some foil & roast in the oven - serve with veg. If you want sauce I make one with really finely chopped mushrooms & leeks, veg stock & a dollop of philadelphia light.

Lamb (all fat removed) with a cous cous salad (cous cous, red onion, chickpeas, cucumber, mint & lemon juice) & homemade tzatziki (total 0% greek style yogurt, grated cucumber, crushed garlic & finely chopped mint).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401739701.878418.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401739708.704171.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401739714.636582.jpg

Sorry I'm being lazy

Roasted Mediterranean Veg;

1 x Aubergine
1 x Courgettes (2 if small)
3-4 x Peppers (red, yellow or the sweet pointy peppers)
1 x onion

Cut all the veg into large chunks, cut the onions into wedges. Add two tablespoons of good olive oil, toss and spread out on a roasting tray. Roast at 190 - 200 degrees fan for 40 - 50 minutes.

Serve with chicken breast, or burgers or a plain pork chop.

Some fab ideas!
I have short grain brown rice but a little boring so cut onion, red pepper and courgette really small, fry with a little olive oil and add to the rice. Filling and tasty great with chicken ect x

My latest easy healthy recipe is homemade chicken goujons. They're so easy to make and super healthy too.

Just need some chicken strips (or fillets and cut them smaller, eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal bread for the breadcrumbs. Whizz the bread to make the breadcrumbs (I use a mini electric hand mixer as its easiest).

Mix/beat the eggs and dip the chicken strips into this then roll into the breadcrumbs. Spray with low cal spray and Cook for 30 mins!

I usually also make homemade chips or wedges with this and serve with veg :) it's a slimming world recipe and believe its free as long as you use low calorie spray on the chicken before it goes in the oven instead of oil (same for the chips).

Chicken breast, baked potato,and loads of cabbage and gravy!

Chicken quasidalla covers most of the main food groups- vitamins, protein,carbs and dairy.

Spread tomato purée on wraps, add chopped veg (pepper,onion,sweet corn etc) ,chopped cooked chicken or turkey and top with cheese, apply another wrap on top and grill. Cut Into quarters. It's tasty and kids love it. I serve with sweet potato wedges and salad.

Chicken quasidalla covers most of the main food groups- vitamins, protein,carbs and dairy.

Spread tomato purée on wraps, add chopped veg (pepper,onion,sweet corn etc) ,chopped cooked chicken or turkey and top with cheese, apply another wrap on top and grill. Cut Into quarters. It's tasty and kids love it. I serve with sweet potato wedges and salad.

thats a good idea, it sounds like a glorified sandwich, :biggrin:

Some lovely tasty ideas I'll be trying.
I have one for healthy (ish) pudding!!
Fresh pears
Fresh ginger
Plain flour/whole meal
Oats
Brown sugar
Butter/ low fat spread

Peel and cut up pears place in oven proof dish
Grate fresh ginger over the pears
Sprinkle a tbs if brown sugar
In a Bowl have about 100g flour mix in roughly 70g sugar and 70g butter rub until fine then add 25g oats
Mix together add to top if pears and cook for half hour
Serve with Icecream or low fat custard xx

Omg I love the sound of the cauliflower one!

I do Lila's chicken and Philly one as it's low carb. I use Waitrose frozen herbs, the Italian one and mix that in the Philly with extra garlic. I also drizzle on olive oil before putting them in and it crisps up the parma ham. Serve it with a salad and Bobs yer uncle.

A really easy (lazy lol) delicious soup - I bought some ready prepared butternut squash & sweet potato from tesco added some veg stock & an onion. Cooked it for about 20-30 mins then whizzed it up. Yum yum.

A really easy (lazy lol) delicious soup - I bought some ready prepared butternut squash & sweet potato from tesco added some veg stock & an onion. Cooked it for about 20-30 mins then whizzed it up. Yum yum.

This is my favourite soup, though I use chicken stock and add a little bit of nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste :)

Latest posts

Back