Healthy recipes let's share!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any healthy fish ones?? Which fish is best for you? Thank u xxXxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love grilled mackerel (off the counter) leafy beetroot salad and cut in half baby potatoes n a bit of butter. Not sure how healthy that is but it's yummy!

I like to make healthy versions of more unhealthy food that I can't live without!

Healthy rice- grate a head of cauliflower and toast off in a dry frying pan-usually only takes a couple of minutes. Use this anywhere you would usually use rice- with currys, or chilli con carne. I've even had it with bolognaise! And it tastes yummy!

Healthier pizza- use tortilla wraps, put some tomato purée on, then put whatever you like to have on pizzas on there. Combinations I like are rocket/spinach and goats cheese, tuna and sweet corn, ham and pineapple etc. stick them in the oven at 180 for about 10 mins (or until the edges are a bit crispy).

Homemade chips, without a fryer- peel and wedge your potatoes (any variety that are suitable for jacket potatoes are the tastiest), par-boil for 5-7 mins. Drain them in a colander then put them onto a pre-oiled baking tray (low-cal spray works just as well). Pat them down with kitchen roll (the aim is to get rid of as much moisture as possible), bit of rock salt and stick them in the oven on 200-220 for about 30-35 mins (or until they've crisped up!).

Yum! I feel motivated to think of others now too!

Any healthy fish ones?? Which fish is best for you? Thank u xxXxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I eat salmon with phillidelpia on top cooked it's yummy, also you could do breaded fish fingers like the chicken method xx

I made a fab dinner last night, really quick, really tasty and really healthy.

Chop courgette, red onion, peppers, sweet potato, tomatoes & black olives and chuck in a roasting pan.

Season with a little salt, coarse ground black pepper and dried basil.

Slash the flesh of a chicken breast and lay on top of the veg.

Mix together sun dried tomato pesto and olive oil and spoon over the chicken.

Cover the pan with foil and bake at 200c for 30mins, uncover and return to the oven for 10mins.

Gorgeous!!

My favorite has to be home made burgers. Chuck extra lean mince, an onion and whatever else you fancy in a food blender. I chuck in a chilli. Whizz it up and squidge into burgers. Also pork and butterbean stew. Fry pork with onion and garlic, add smoked paprika and origano. Add passata and potato and a drizzle of red wine and butterbeans and simmer for an hour. Serve with roasted peppers and courgette. I don't follow recipies or measurement I just chuck in lol

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Just made this very easy dish.
Whole meal pasta
Cherry toms
Fresh basil
Greek fete cheese
Garlic
Salt and pepper
Cook pasta
Roast tomatoes and garlic add to the pasta with the cheese salt and pepper
Sprinkle over the basil
Really tasty and filling. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401898317.820142.jpg

Chicane breast, butterflied
Pesto
Garlic
Pine nuts
Feta cheese

Close it back over and wrap in tin foil and cook for 20 mins.

Sometimes if I don't have some of the ingredients I'll just take them out. Lot of the time I just have it with a little pesto!

We're having a beef stir fry tonight - I make a sauce out of 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, 3 tbsp soy sauce, garlic & ginger (that serves 2 people). Lots of veg & noodles.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I made a fab dinner last night, really quick, really tasty and really healthy.

Chop courgette, red onion, peppers, sweet potato, tomatoes & black olives and chuck in a roasting pan.

Season with a little salt, coarse ground black pepper and dried basil.

Slash the flesh of a chicken breast and lay on top of the veg.

Mix together sun dried tomato pesto and olive oil and spoon over the chicken.

Cover the pan with foil and bake at 200c for 30mins, uncover and return to the oven for 10mins.

Gorgeous!!

Thanks Laura, good one.

I did this dish this evening. I didn't have tomatoes or olives, but I had sweet potatoe, corgette onions and red pepper and It was very nice indeed, definitely needs the courgettes, onions and sweet potatoe, but I think any other vegs would work very well, also I had tomatoe paste instead of tomatoe pesto. And I served it with savory rice.

OH liked it very much too, he's very fussy about healthy food, 16 year old didn't complain !!!!

Latest posts

Back