Quitting smoking-electric cigarettes maybe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Ive been saying to myself for a while now i want to quit, i smoke 20 a day easy (£7.20 a pack its an expensive habit i know haha) ....because i enjoy the whole stick in ur mouth thing i dont feel patches. Chewing gun etc would help and been thinking of electric ciggies......just wanted to know if any of you are thinking of quiting wat are you doing? Any of you who have quit how did you do it?!?!? Anybody tried the electric ones?!?!?
Maybe share our journeys?!?!?

Look forward to hearing some of your replys

Xoxox

P.s please no "its a disgusting habbit" "its vile" remarks....i know its a horrible habbit haha xx

Hi hun,
I tried the electric cigs and wow! They choaked me that much I was on the floor coughing, I got used to it after a while was still too strong but I really wanted to give up.. after a good 3 months I was still smoking the same as I did but with the E-cig so in no way at all did it help me give up, thats just me though if you wanted to try one I would suggest buying a disposable one (most shops do them) they are about £5 and if you get along with it and think it will work invest in a refilable one. I have also heard there is somthing in them that makes them no healthier than smoking, hope this helps and good luck giving up x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
Just wanted to add my little bit here on the ecigs

I smoked for over 20yrs and having tried everything there is on the market, tablets, hypnosis, gum, patches, inhalater....ect I wasn't being very successful and after lots of tears and tantrums along the way, two jobs, four children and everything there is to go with it.

My other half suggested I try the e cig, so I set about my research and browsed the forums to find out what I could. I then put in my order and that was 7 months ago and I can say I have not had a cigarette since. If your serious about giving up this way you can make it work.

One thing I will say is stay away from cheap products, the disposables and other well known brands as they turn out to be expensive in the long run.

yes I do feel better, smell better and feel this was the right choice for me:o

if you want info on the products and site I've bought from send me a pm and I'll provide you with links. (not sure I can post them on here).

I really wish you luck in whatever you choose to do as I know its sooo hard for some of us to give up.

They are better than normal cigs, but they still contain nicotine (but not 1/2 as many chemicals as a real cig) do they are still addictive.

I spent around £50, on mine. You cant smoke it as you would a usual cig, you need to take a smaller inhale. If you dont it does catch the back of your throat, & make you cough.

Whilst I havent quit, i do smoke mine inbetween clients so I dont arrive stinking of smoke.

I much prefer it to patches/gum as like you said its the hand to mouth movement.

Ive heard alot of people are using the ones that dont look like cigs & you buy vapour cartridges-not sure of their exact name. They arent as expensive either & have all different flavours. Id like to try one of those.

Mine is called sky cig, & i have smoked it in the airport- although security did come to check it wasnt real ;) as the end glows when you inhale! I also smoked it on the plane, i felt stupid after the security in the airport came over so I nipped to the toilet with it. (We were on two long haul flights)

Mine has a little case that is also a charger incase it runs out when you are out & about.

Xx

Hi Mommabear, I wish you every success in your quitting endeavor!

I quit a 3-pack a day habit in 1991, so here is my sage advice for you:

* First and foremost, you have to WANT to quit smoking. If your heart isn't in it, you won't be successful.

* A couple weeks before you quit, get into the habit of some exercise EVERY day. Science has proven you will gain weight (typically 8 lbs.) even if you do not change your eating habits. If you have an exercise plan in place, you can avoid the weight gain.

* Hypnosis is the only thing that worked for me. Again, I really WANTED to quit so it was quite painless.

Best of luck to you! :hug:

My mum smoked for nearly 40 years and was so addicted. But due to the price and her getting older and wanting to be healthier, she tried to stop and just couldnt do it. So i found her these e-cigs online and after trying a few kinds shes only had 3 real cigarettes (due to extreme stress) in 3 years. But shes now happily on E-Lites. Its cheaper and healthier and shes got rid of her smokers cough and is better going up hills now. I think shell always need something, so there perfect for her. You should give it a go, just dont suck on it like the real thing lol.

What a bunch of lovlies you lot are <3 thanks for taking your time to reply to me really appreciate it :-D
Im up the docs tomorrow (im like a walking illness bug, there always seems to b sumthing wrong haha)

Might see what i can get from them and try the electric ones too :)
Ill end up head to toe in patches with about 6 electric cuggies in my mouth haha

Fingers and toes crossed i can kick it. Ive been doing the insanity workout as i am a bit plump haha ( i have a fat arse haha) so will keep that up on the journey of kicking the habbit :)

Ive been wanting to for a while but now were in the process of moving into a new house (woohooo, and slightly more expensive) im even more determind to kick the habbit....new house.....new start :)

Fingers crossed :)

Thamks geeks xoxoxo

Hello! I wish u luck with quitting. I have recently bought a e cig and haven't had a cigarette since! Wish u all the luck xxx

I honestly think the best way to quit is just cold turkey with nothing, no patches no gum nothing. If you really want to quit its possible. That's what I did, I loved smoking but one day after a heavy night drinking and I smoked a lot, I had enough and said that's it! I gave up just like that x

I went to one of the Allen Carr easy way sessions haven't smoked since that was 3 months ago and I really don't want one.
I was a 20+ a day smoker had been for 20 years I thoughtid never be able to give up.
It was expensive but saved that money not smoking for 3 weeks
Good luck x

I started with an e cig over 3 weeks ago and have not looked back but iv switched to menthol as feel it tastes better but again i would say im now addicted to that lol x

I have given up smoking on 03.01.11, and never touched a cigarette since then, thanks to my e-cigarette.

I started on highest dose, and lowered it to high, then medium.
I'm still on them. But from £200 a month to £50 a month for the cartridges, it's brilliant!

I feel so much better, good luck!

I went to one of the Allen Carr easy way sessions haven't smoked since that was 3 months ago and I really don't want one.
I was a 20+ a day smoker had been for 20 years I thoughtid never be able to give up.
It was expensive but saved that money not smoking for 3 weeks
Good luck x

I have his book, got half way through and forgot about it :-s might get back into it and see if its helps lol
Xx

Thanks geeks gonna have a look at the e-cigs after my shower......will keep posted :) xx

Electronic cigarettes are something which is new to our community. The electronic cigarette is a battery operated and rechargeable electronic device that gives the experience of smoking a real cigarette. Electronic cigarettes do not harm you as real cigarette does. These electronic cigarettes are for those who are not capable to leave their smoking habits.
In real cigarette the amount of nicotine is very high but in these electronic cigarettes the amount of nicotine is very low. These electronic cigarettes are very stylish in looking and so it looks like as if you are very rich and classy. There are many companies like best4ecigs which provides branded and stylish electronic cigarettes for all the people who are not able to leave their smoking habits. These are very helpful for those persons who are crazy of doing smoking.

Never been a smoker I can't relate. But I want to offer encouraging words of support :)
When Hubby found out I was preggers he just chucked them, that easy! When it is something you really want to do you can get anything done. I have a lot of friends and clients alike that haven't touched the cig in months thanks to the e-cigs
Best of Luck to you and keep up the good work

Never been a smoker I can't relate. But I want to offer encouraging words of support :)
When Hubby found out I was preggers he just chucked them, that easy! When it is something you really want to do you can get anything done. I have a lot of friends and clients alike that haven't touched the cig in months thanks to the e-cigs
Best of Luck to you and keep up the good work

Awwww thanks biljana :) when i was pregnant with my boys i threw them in the bin straight away but went straight back to them :-( i need to kick it, id b so much more better off financialy and healthier :) xx

Latest posts

Back