qvc leighton denny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gracy

nutty geek
Reaction score
for anyone interested in Leighton Denny, i was flicking through the tele ( as you do ) and heard leighton denny is on QVC, the 23rd june at 16.00 hrs.
i presume he has bought out his own manicure/pedicure products.
bye dawn

Thanks for that Dawn!

NailNovice2 said:
Thanks for that Dawn!

Thanks Dawn for the hot tip there!

I will be watching!

Alex

He's got a new range of nail varnishes out - I think I saw an article about it in Scratch a while back - should be exciting, thanks for the reminder! xxx

Well I wanted to sit glued to the tv at 4.00 today when Leighton was on QVC, but as usual all hell breaks loose when I want some 'me time'. Hubby kept talking to me.......from another room, so I had to keep turning the sound down to listen to what he wanted etc etc. The phone kept ringing, and of course it was for me.

However, in between all this commotion I did manage to see some items for sale, but alas, I have spent a lot this week already on backscratchers stuff and NSI gel. Liked the look of the Brilliance stuff though that helped to whiten the natural nails without bleaching.

What did others think of the show.

I think he came across well, especially for his first show - it must be nerve wracking. Didn't sit glued to it so not sure if I missed any faux pas.

Have to say though that although the packaging was lush the products didn't come across as anything new. But he had a sell out show so well done him!

valburt said:
Well I wanted to sit glued to the tv at 4.00 today when Leighton was on QVC, but as usual all hell breaks loose when I want some 'me time'. Hubby kept talking to me.......from another room, so I had to keep turning the sound down to listen to what he wanted etc etc. The phone kept ringing, and of course it was for me.

However, in between all this commotion I did manage to see some items for sale, but alas, I have spent a lot this week already on backscratchers stuff and NSI gel. Liked the look of the Brilliance stuff though that helped to whiten the natural nails without bleaching.

What did others think of the show.
I didn't see the show, forgot to turn on... I know exactly what you mean about 'me time' I think the only channel we have is Cbeebies, Boomerang and Playhouse Disney!!! May try and flick to see if we have any normal adult channels.

I must say though, "Get control of your hubbie!"... lol ...You got it the wrong way. If he talks...turn the volume UP so that you CAN'T hear him!!! lol

I watched quite a chunk of it and he did really well. Just had a few e-mails between us and he had a complete sell out! Having done QVC for 2 years I know how exciting that is (well, at the beginning it is!!)

The brand looked good and had some good angles. And I agree, he did come across well.

Good boy!

mum said:
I watched quite a chunk of it and he did really well. Just had a few e-mails between us and he had a complete sell out! Having done QVC for 2 years I know how exciting that is (well, at the beginning it is!!)

The brand looked good and had some good angles. And I agree, he did come across well.

Good boy!

I missed this unfortunately.

If you don't mind me asking Mum what did you sell on QVC as I used to be a real QVC addict

Over 4 years ago!!! (time goes so fast). i developed and sold Special FX. I think it's still going but I haven't had anything to do with it all this time.

i watched leighton today and i was really impressed.
he came across really well and it doesnt surprise me that the consumer would fall in love with him and his products.
from a consumer point of view he was laid back and knowledgable to the point of understanding. it is hard educating joe public in simple terms and he did it so well without being patronising.
his products where lovely to look at from what you can see on the telly.
to me he is offering the consumer a great home care package.
thumbs up
p.s mum when i first started having my nails done i purchased a special fx kit from qvc quite a few years ago...........i was hooked

mum said:
Over 4 years ago!!! (time goes so fast). i developed and sold Special FX. I think it's still going but I haven't had anything to do with it all this time.

So it's you I have to blame for my nail art addiction!lol

I have masses of the stuff from then and it's still going down really well with my clients.

In fact I blame QVC for me becoming obsessed with the beauty industry and becoming a mature student at 37. Best move I ever made.

I cannot believe I missed it!!!!! :irked:

I read in one of the mags that it was being launched on QVC in May so kept a look out for weeks...but I gave up!!!! That will teach me to sit in the sun instead of watching QVC!!!!!!

To Caz..... I loved your reply about my hubbie. Actually I am waiting for them to invent a remote control that when you point it at your hubby and press MUTE it shuts him up pronto.

As for Leighton and the qvc presenter woman, I just felt like shouting at the screen 'for goodness sake woman SHUT UP' She prattled on mindlessly and all I wanted to do was hear what HE had to say about his products. I know she has a job to do, but honestly she got right on my wires. Yak yak yak yak yak, and all mindless dribble. The bloke is an expert in his field, let the guy talk next time he comes on please love.

(am I being a bitch here)????

Hi Jo, no you're not because I thought the same thing! And all that name dropping she kept doing about Leighton's clientele etc, not once, but a zillion times. I guess the sales presenters must be on commission because they give it such a hard sell.

I love Leighton Denny! I think he is so fab!

I wished I lived near London so I could have a treat and get my nails done!

What a brill guy!

Latest posts

Back