Radical liquid from creative... so darn good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just wanted to share my experience today. I work with cnd and i have always used retention + just because thats what i started to use and thats what i am used to.
Today when i went to my distrib. i tought lets take one of the small radical liquid bottles to see how it works... and my goodness it is sooo easy and creamy to work with! I think it is one of the easiest consistancy i have ever worked with! Just needed to share this incase there are other cnd users that haven´t tried any of the other liquids before. I still have to wait and see how my customers will come back but if that works out well i´ll be switching mainly to radical liquid.

Just needed to rave about it folks ;) :hug:

I also find Radical is a better working consistency for me. I struggled for ages with Retention then switched to Moxie which was easier to handle. I only tried Radical when I had a client who kept breaking her nails as it is used to make a tougher enhancement. I have since switched all my clients to Radical and didn't notice any difference with wearability (apart from fewer breakages) but application is so much easier :)

Radical is my favorite as well! Love the consistency and workability of it! Moxie is my second favorite, Retention.. not so much lol.

Radical is also my all time favourite and I use it most of the time. I never ever have used primer with it and TRUST me your clients will love it. It is tough as teak and will suit 99% of your clients. If you have 1% problem lifters then switch them to Retention+

Retention+ will also suit 99% of your clients .. if you have 1% who are regular breakers then switch them to Radical.

Simplezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I give Radical a thumbs up too.Ive recently switched and noticed less breakages since, which makes me a happy bunny.:)

great to hear that. I have quite a few heavy handed customers who do want to have very thin nails but keep trashing them. Would be great if it will have an obvious improvement. I told them to keep an eye on it aswell to hear their opinion on the product.

Radical is also my all time favourite and I use it most of the time. I never ever have used primer with it and TRUST me your clients will love it. It is tough as teak and will suit 99% of your clients. If you have 1% problem lifters then switch them to Retention+

Retention+ will also suit 99% of your clients .. if you have 1% who are regular breakers then switch them to Radical.

Simplezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

One for you Gigi, will we get the chance to try radical when we are at The Event?

do you need to work "quicker" with radical?

do you need to work "quicker" with radical?

No you do not need to work quicker with Radical, Moxie is CND's faster setting monomer

How does the radical liquid work with the coloured powders fore 3D? Does it give a creamyer look to the finished produkt. I always had a problem with this with retention+.

How does the radical liquid work with the coloured powders fore 3D? Does it give a creamyer look to the finished produkt. I always had a problem with this with retention+.

I will try it out today since i need to pop in at work and i will get back to you on that one ;) It is creamyer to apply then retention+ but i think you need to let the bead stiffen up a bit before you push it in place to leave firm impressions in it... i´ll try it out

One for you Gigi, will we get the chance to try radical when we are at The Event?

You can try it any time by purchasing a small try me kit. It is a beautiful monomer, and if you can use R+ then you can use Radical. Same mix ratio, same prep and remember that very light touch.

I also used to use retention + and found radical 'which i use now' is lots better and notice my nails are now stronger as well, my clients prefer it. Best product out :)

Another one for Gigi and peeps.
Question: Radical and Retention both have IPN, does Moxie also? or is it cross linked only therefore making Radical and Retention stronger?

Also do you find Radical (also my all round favorite) a more creamier consistancy than Retention or it is just my mind playing tricks on me?:confused:

really interesting thread.

I have a small bottle of Radical, unopened, I have always been happy with Retention + though I do have a lady who is a model for me and she is really tough on her hands, I have said next time we will use Radical. I think I will have a play this weekend on tips just to see the difference with Retention + from a consistency and application point of view :)

anne xx

ps sorry if I sound dim but whats IPN??

Last edited:
I also used to use retention + and found radical 'which i use now' is lots better and notice my nails are now stronger as well, my clients prefer it. Best product out :)

Radical is not really better, it is a different choice and it does different things.

Radical is 'better' for some and Retention+ is 'better' for others as I explained above.

Every CND user should really have both so they can service those habitual breakers with Radical and those habitual lifters with retention+ when the need arises.

It is not a 'use one or the other' type of thing. We need to be able to offer several choices to cover all needs.

Clients are certainly not all alike and some have special needs. Isn't it great to be able to offer it all using the same brand? Same prep tools etc.

Just tried it out and in my opinion it isn´t different in finish then the other cnd liquids. lookwise it is the same. I still prefer moxie for the 3dwork though since it sets up a bit faster. Not too much difference...

Just tried it out and in my opinion it isn´t different in finish then the other cnd liquids. lookwise it is the same. I still prefer moxie for the 3dwork though since it sets up a bit faster. Not too much difference...

Actually I disagree a bit.

I think Radical does have a different look. It is subtle and maybe you have to know the product inside and out like me to appreciate the difference but to me it does have a subtley different look and feel when you are wearing it.

Not saying that either is better or worse .. just different. Most I suppose will not notice it. But to those of us who have used Radical since it was brought out WE know the difference.

Actually I disagree a bit.

I think Radical does have a different look. It is subtle and maybe you have to know the product inside and out like me to appreciate the difference but to me it does have a subtley different look and feel when you are wearing it.

Not saying that either is better or worse .. just different. Most I suppose will not notice it. But to those of us who have used Radical since it was brought out WE know the difference.

Oh, when i read it again i probably wasn´t all to clear. I meant when u use it for 3d work... flowers, small sculptures etc...
I does have a different look to it indeed when you use it as a nailoverlay or to sculpt, thinking when i compare it to the sets i did with retention+. the color looks more vibrant to my opinion.

Latest posts

Back