Re: Spray tanning patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelar8801

Reaction score
Hi all

Did two spray tans on my friends yesterday. Today one is perfect but the other is patchy on the bottoms of her legs. Used exactly the same techniques as the first one and it was literally 5 minutes after the first one. Is it something i did wrong or do you think she may have used something on the bottom of her legs like veet or something like that? I am confused that it will work fine on one and not the other.

Did she smudge it when getting dressed?

Did she smudge it when getting dressed?

Hi Cathill

To be honest i dont think she would tell me if she had. Even though i've asked for an honest opinion being new to this. If she has done anything i would rather her say instead of me worrying about what i've done wrong.:cry:

It sounds like she had some kind of barrier or moisturiser on here legs. xxx

it could be down to the clients prep, but it could also just be her skin, usually this is nothing to do with you or your technique, i would re spray this area and see what happens. make sure any barrier cream put on the feet doesn't spread too far past the ankle x

One of my friends shins don't tan for no good reason! :hug:

Did you use the same solution on each client,
or you did you change solution over for the other client,
was the solution sat in your gun for a while before spraying the second client ?

Did you use the same solution on each client,
or you did you change solution over for the other client,
was the solution sat in your gun for a while before spraying the second client ?
I used the same solution and tanned her straight after the first person. Just wondering if it was me that did something wrong

I used the same solution and tanned her straight after the first person. Just wondering if it was me that did something wrong
I was going to suggest if it was a different solution or if it had been sat for a while that it may have needed another shake up,
she probably didn't rinse the bottom of her legs properly when taking a shower and there was something on them causing a barrier,
when you are practicing it is paramount that you use someone that will be 100% honest with you then you can learn from any mistakes that you may make,
believe me we all make them :hug:

I was going to suggest if it was a different solution or if it had been sat for a while that it may have needed another shake up,
she probably didn't rinse the bottom of her legs properly when taking a shower and there was something on them causing a barrier,
when you are practicing it is paramount that you use someone that will be 100% honest with you then you can learn from any mistakes that you may make,
believe me we all make them :hug:
Hi
That was why i did her because she said she would be honest, but i told her not to use any creams or lotions and to just exfoliate, so perhaps she just wont admit to it.

Some people just wont listen! I ALWAYS tell people NO MOISTURISER!!! then when I get there and do my consultation they tell me they just had to moisturise because their skin felt soooo dry and they couldn't stand it! :grr::grr:

Same with after care, I always give them a leaflet and talk them through it too, Oh right they say as they are pulling on their skinny jeans and touching everywhere!! you can only lead a horse to water......

i had the same problem the other day. The tan went patchy i asked her when i was tanning her have you shaved your legs today she said no. Hence the patches on her legs the next day like deck chairs, she then admited she did shave that day and always had on every spray tan she's had and had no problems with other tans.

Hi all

Did two spray tans on my friends yesterday. Today one is perfect but the other is patchy on the bottoms of her legs. Used exactly the same techniques as the first one and it was literally 5 minutes after the first one. Is it something i did wrong or do you think she may have used something on the bottom of her legs like veet or something like that? I am confused that it will work fine on one and not the other.

Skinny Jeans do this...

x

Some people just wont listen! I ALWAYS tell people NO MOISTURISER!!! then when I get there and do my consultation they tell me they just had to moisturise because their skin felt soooo dry and they couldn't stand it! :grr::grr:

Same with after care, I always give them a leaflet and talk them through it too, Oh right they say as they are pulling on their skinny jeans and touching everywhere!! you can only lead a horse to water......
Yep it certainly seams that way. Just a bit releived that it was nothing i had done coz i was really confused and could'nt understand:irked:
Thanks

In my experience lack of exfoliation is the main problem.

Latest posts

Back