Really upset, client complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks for all your kind advice geeks!
I had a long think about it over the weekend and looked through my diary and there was absolutely no client in there who i thought I had poss offended. I did have a client booked in for this eve though who is new and I remember her coming into the salon one evening and looking back I may have been a bit off with her. I called her mobile yesterday to 'confirm tomorrows appointment' and she was very off with me, said shed called the day after making it and spoken to the owner and cancelled it as she couldn't make it. I apologised for bothering her, asking her if she wanted to rebook and she said no, so if shes the lady who complained then she obviously doesn't want to tell me so how am I supposed to resolve it ?
I calked the owners bluff then, saying I knew the client had cancelled and she **** herself (sorry for the language) and I said 'yes she called the very next day and spoke to you'. She made up something that it must have been her sister who took the call but I knew her sister wasn't working that day. This client is also a friend of the owners.
This is so underhanded I can't believe it. I now know for sure there is no letter as the only poss client it could be from has told me she PHONED the salon the very next day. Maybe she did complain on the phone but if neither if them tell me what I've done then I can't put it right.
I've handed my notice in today and can't believe how happy I feel!

Hi Hannajadem,

it sounds like sour grapes to me. She only mentioned to you about the complaint after you told her that you were pregnant. I think its her nasty way of getting rid of you by making you want to leave on your own accord.

Personally I would one,demand to see this supposed letter. And two, do a client satisfaction leaflet grading your professionalism to how the client enjoyed the treatment 1 to 10. Let this lady know what your doing, and see her squirm if she has been lying to you and upsetting you. and three, make sure you have all your clients details so if you do have to get out then you still have a client base to work with.

Keep your chin up, look forward to your wonderful baby your going to have. And what goes around comes around. People who are not very nice usually are sad, lonely and miserable.

Good luck xxx

Forgive me if I'm repeating what's been said as I only skimmed the replies.

If you just rent a space in the salon, then they are your clients and not hers. So you should have client cards to refer back to with dates of appointments. That might jog your memory as to who it may have been and if they've not been back for their infill or whatever. Having said this, if a client has made a complaint about you, that's her right to do so. Remember though! That is is just one person and who's to say that SHE wasn't haven't having a bad day and decided to take it out on you.

If you can put your hand on your heart and say that you have not been rude to clients, then it's quite obvious that she's lying because she wants you out.

Find another space in a salon in the same road and move. Make sure that you start as you mean to go on and be professional, yet friendly to all of your clients.

Don't let it worry you too much as the complaint wasn't about your work. Having said that, being a successful therapist is 70% personality and 30% skill.

Good luck and keep your chin up xx

Tigi, hippy chick and Kim are ladies after my own heart. Their advise is the same as mine.
I'm glad you've handed your notice in. Now, don't be nieve about things, don't leave your client cards or any contact details in the salon, they will either go missing or be copied.
contact all your customers now and let them know that you will contiue to see them but it won't be from that salon.
Either find another spot to rent from, sort out a home salon, or go mobile.
Now my rant:green:
I am sick to death of hearing about salon owners who rent out to peeps and then think they can treat those peeps like employee's. Employee's get sick pay, holiday pay, maternity pay.
Peeps who rent, are self employed, they are the boss of their own little empire. Usually it's a good relationship on both sides, salon customers become the peeps customers and visa versa. Usually there is mutual respect. But the word is RESPECT. She obviously has none for you I have a fair idea what her game is, which is why I say guard your client details.
Rant over:lol:
congrats on your pregnancy, hopefully you are nearing the end of the nasty bit and can start to enjoy it. I am always full of admaration for ladies who manage to work while they are pregnant. I always felt I should have a bucket around my neck and was truly grateful that I didn't work:hug::lol:

I have to agree with the others and say i dont think that there is a letter as she wouldnt hesistate to show it to you surely? As said before i would think about handing your notice in and going mobile or renting another space if you have enough regular clients that are loyal and will follow. It does sound like she panicking about your pregnancy. Go with your gut feeling, you should enjoy where you work as you spend alot of time there and it does affect you work even if you dont see it. xx

right so you are leaving: well am glad you are doing something that makes you happy honey.

A few points that have already been mentioned but I feel need stressing.

1. those clients are yours and yours alone, so you damn well make sure that you get their details and you take them with you.

2. Tell the lying madam that you are leaving because of what she said.

3. tell her that you will be taking your clients with you. she cant stop you, you are self employed so haha ha ha to her!!!!

swish hair , and gracefully glide out of salon and start on with your new life.

first things first hun give her your notice then tell to go and jump! you have to put yourself first & bump! shes doing this as you have told her your preggers, she is abusing the situation of leaving you to run her salon while she swans about like a fairy elephant. the reason she is doing this she is scared as your clients who come in the shop must be the strongiest income and if you go mobile you will be taking your client base with you and shes is scare, she will loose on profits or go out off business....... serves her right the salon owner wants results but doesnt want to put the effort in to get them
good luck hun stand by your guns tell her to sod off

what a horrible situation,
i agree with everyone here. i dont think youve done anything wrong and she was trying her best to make your experience at work as uncomfortable as possible to get you leave. all you can do in this situation is just be glad that you'll be rid of her. move on from there. they dont treat you with respect. you'll be happier for leaving. just take comfort in the fact that everyone commenting on this post believes you. im sure your an excellent therapist and dont let this experience make you think otherwise. congratulations on your pregnancy.

oooh would have paid good money to see her face when you handed your notice in.
hope you didn't give too much..... start by removing YOUR client cards. Start telling your clients that as from XX date you will no longer be working at the venue due to difficulties.

Hope she squirms everytime she has to tell everyone that you are leaving.

I would also start typing up a lovely letter and send it out to your clients and get them out there NOW. Explain that you will be available for treatments from XX date at new venue/home visit/your house, whatever it is make sure you give them a date that you can work from.

thank them for their loyalty and reassure them that your expert touch is still available. Even if you haven't got anything sorted out, you must get in touch with your clients.

Can you imagine if they started ringing for you and you were no longer there. Is "madam" going to be truthful without you about?

Latest posts

Back